THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo? Empty Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo?

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:10 am

Im hearing Zuffa are going to cut the looser, Fedor is top 10 ranked everywhere still and with a loss would slide out of a lot of top 10 rankings. He is supposed to be getting a million for this fight so I think Zuffa will want to cut him and end his career on a loss.

With a win I reckon Fedor vs Overeem will happen for the title. It will be Overeems last fight on his contract so he goes to UFC if he wins. Fedor fights the winner of the tournament if he wins the SF title. I dont know Fedors contract is but I dont think Dana is chomping at the bit to have Fedor in UFC.

Hendo says he wants 5 more fights before he retires, I reckon it wouldnt be a stretch to have him back in the UFC but I dont know what his relationship is like with them, I hear he gets $800,000 for this fight which is huge compared to UFC champs. This is a massive one off Payment for both of them so I dont see why Hendos job is at risk if he looses, cutting a guy who will still be Strikeforces highest ranked guy and champ is madness!

If Hendo wins I reckon Mousasi seems front runner for his stile unless Mo looks great against gracie but I reckon Mo should fight Kyle if they both win for the next shot after Mousasi. Hendo for me still has 2 good challanges left in SF. Maby OSP or the likes will come through but Id rather see Hendo see out the end of his career against bigger names in UFC.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo? Empty Re: Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo?

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 am

This is Hendo's last fight on his SF contract and said to Helwani that it could be last fight for SF and is open to return to UFC, no problems with Dana.

If Fedor loses he will retire. If he wins the maybe fight Overeem or Werdum rematch. The winner of the tourney will have to fight for the title straight away.

I think Hendo is going to win a UD, and use his wrestling alot in this fight as he did against Feijao. The perhaps defend against Mousasi. I dont think a unifiacation bout with Bones is in line at all, theres already a log jam of LHW contenders in UFC.

Although it would be a pretty big win if Hendo wins, and Dana could decide to throw Hendo to Bones, so Bones can take all the thunder by beating Hendo.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo? Empty Re: Whats next for the winner and looser of Fedor vs Hendo?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 pm

I think you might be right on Zuffa setting up an Overeem fight If Fedor wins Saturday, Red.

Seems like an obvious fight to make If Overeem is staying with Strikeforce It could even be their ticket back to CBS.

Personally I think Hendo Goes to the UFC in victory or defeat he might have a Championship clause but would that really matter with both companies being owned by the same group.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Fedor will win prob by armbar IMO

I don't think this is the end of the road for either fighter

Too many big fights if fedor wins he is right in the mix for some big names

If hendo wins maybe bones next up
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 am

personally i dont agree if fedor wins he gets a title shot, he has lost 2 in a row to fighters that where not champs.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 am

the_king wrote:personally i dont agree if fedor wins he gets a title shot, he has lost 2 in a row to fighters that where not champs.

A bit harh to point out they werent champs since the SF heavyweight title isnt the most frequently defended belt! Laughing

Would it be crazy for Fedor to walk into a number 1 contenders fight in UFC with the likes of Mir?

If he sticks around in SF Overeem hasnt any other realistic options other than guys who lost in the GP and I reckon Fedor is the only realistic choice.

I think Fedor armbars Hendo like 2brutal said and goes to the UFC, I reckon Fedors managment have to know theres nothing outside Zuffa for him so they dont have the room to negotiate they thought they had.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:11 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    the_king wrote:personally i dont agree if fedor wins he gets a title shot, he has lost 2 in a row to fighters that where not champs.

A bit harh to point out they werent champs since the SF heavyweight title isnt the most frequently defended belt! Laughing

Would it be crazy for Fedor to walk into a number 1 contenders fight in UFC with the likes of Mir?

If he sticks around in SF Overeem hasnt any other realistic options other than guys who lost in the GP and I reckon Fedor is the only realistic choice.

I think Fedor armbars Hendo like 2brutal said and goes to the UFC, I reckon Fedors managment have to know theres nothing outside Zuffa for him so they dont have the room to negotiate they thought they had.

does fedor still do sambo? because that was the sticking block in preious talks between the two.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 am

If Fedor wins he'll probably face Overeem in the fall, then based on whether or not M-1 have cooled their demands, the winner will go to the UFC, with Fedor potentially facing Lesnar in his first fight back in early 2012, or in Overeem's case, maybe even walking straight into a title shot or facing Mir.
    If Fedor loses I think he might call it a day, I can't see him wanting to make 205 so I can't see him going down that route, and there isn't much top heavyweight options outside of Zuffa, so I don't see him having much motivation to fight again in Japan, plus I imagine he'll have made enough money throughout his career, and especially with the money he's getting from this fight.

I think Henderson will finish his career in Strikeforce, with the long list of contenders in the light heavyweight division in the UFC at the moment I can't see them wanting that much to bring over a 40 year old guy. Win or lose for Henderson, I think he'll defend his title against Mousasi in the fall, then after that there are the likes of King Mo, Gracie and Kyle to keep him goinf for a while. I think that after the Fedor fight is out the way, Henderson will fight for maybe around another year, or until his next loss.

I'm back and forth about who I think will win the fight on Saturday, I think I won't have a proper answer until after I see the weigh in's, and even then I still won't be certain!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 am

I dont think the Sambo thing was an issue when they were in talks last, Dana said that he was ok with it anyway. They let fighters compete grappling tournaments outside UFC so I dont think it would be a major issue, I dont think Fedor competes in Sambo too regularly anyway if he is still at it.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Unemployed Hendo wants Jones vs. Rampage winner

“I think that could be interesting going forward, a unification fight with the winner of that contest would be a good match,” Dan Henderson told Telegraph Sport from his home tonight.

“I’m the Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion, I’ve beaten Fedor, and I’m unemployed, so we’ll have to see what the talks are now after I’ve had a few weeks off. It’s not a bad position to be in though.”

“I’m not really looking to go back to middleweight (vs. Anderson Silva). I’m happy at light-heavyweight. It’s where I feel most comfortable."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/garethadavies/100018131/dan-henderson-ive-beaten-fedor-emelianenko-im-strikeforce-205-champion-and-im-unemployed/
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Hendo is UFC bound for sure, I cant see a reason he would go backto Strikefore, IMO Its a sinking ship. Zuffa are going to keep it runing to keep to their TV deal but every time a good fighters contract ends I reckon he moves to UFC.

Hendo vs The winner of that fight might not happen becaucse If Evans beats Tito he has got to be due his shot.

Id rather see Evans get the shot if he beats Tito and Hendo to rematch Rampage or else fight Shogun vs Forrest winner.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Dana has said that Fedor is done in Strikeforce.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm