THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
the_king
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
superman_punch
wilksdaman
redmeanie77
SirSquatAlot
2brutal
13 posters

Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results - Page 3 Empty Re: Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Looking at the top guys in the UFC in no particular order.

Munoz won't fight Anderson. Black House code.

Wanderlei would get murdered. I think everyone knows that. I don't think that fight will ever happen.

Maia had his shot and got made to look really really bad. Does anyone want to see that fight again?

Belfort will never get another shot against Anderson.

Stann is a possibility. But I think there are still question marks over him.

I think Okami could beat Anderson but I don't think he will. If he does then everyone gets in line again.

I think Sonnen would beat Anderson if they went again but they probably won't.

I'm backing Rousimar Palhares to be the man to beat the man. Only one legit loss in the last 5 years and that was to Hendo. Palhares has the chin to take Anderson's shots, the wrestling to take him down and keep him down, and the submissions to make him tap. Rousimar Palhares to be the next UFC MW champ(unless Sonnen gets a shot first, in which case I think he could beat Sonnen because Sonnen's one weakness is submission defense)
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results - Page 3 Empty Re: Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results

Post  2brutal Tue May 31, 2011 1:12 am

Brave call anfield don't see it myself although love his leg locks, marquardt stopped him granted he was talking to the ref about marquardt greasing at the time, I think the only people to beat Anderson are good wrestlers like sonnen or gsp
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 am

Ye but to be fair 2brutal Palhares just got up like nothing was wrong. He made a very bad error in judgment at the time, almost amateurish (regardless of whether Nate was cheating or not) but he was winning the fight IMO and he didn't look hurt at all. Palhares does have a very good chance IMO to beat Silva but I think I would still back the spider. I don't know if Palhares can get close enough to Silva to take him down. Okami for me has a genuine chance of beating Silva. I dislike his style but he is a very good fighter and has the ability to hump Silva. He's Sonnen with lesser quality wrestling but better all round grappling. After all this was the guy who ran Maia very, very close in a grappling contest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 31, 2011 6:25 am

Palhares would have snapped Nate's ankle if he hadn't used a tube of lube on it.

Nate hit him 3 or 4 times full force and Palhares wasn't even hurt. He just carried on talking to the ref oblivious to the punches. And Nate hits pretty hard.

I think Palhares could get to Anderson, he'll have to take a couple of shots to get close enough but I think he can eat them and move forward.

GSP hasn't a hope in hell against Anderson. Not with that chin.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue May 31, 2011 7:39 am

palhares is a good shout, any idea if dana thinks he is in the mix though.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Tue May 31, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm not really seeing Stann as a challenger that people can really get behind. Anyone who fights Anderson needs to have something that hasn't been offered before. Sonnen obviously gives him problems, a re-match there is compelling, Okami has a style like Sonnen and is much improved, Palhares is possibly the most dangerous submission artist in the division etc.

Does Stann have more dangerous hands than Belfort? Going to beat Anderson up on the ground like Sonnen?

I appreciate his victory against Santiago, Santiago is legit but he'll always come unstuck at the very highest level due to his durability issues. Unless Stann does something spectacular like blitzes Belfort with punches, I'm not sure where he fits in.

Anderson could well just end up fighting Okami, Palhares and rematching Sonnen and then calling it a career really.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Guys u r smoking crack if you think pal hares is in the mix he will need about 4 wins to get a crack
    Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of his but his ufc record doesn't stand out where is he on most rankings ? And on bens armbar ranking, he is not in the mix

Gsp has a bad chin shame as that as stopped him being the exciting fighter we all liked at one point,
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue May 31, 2011 4:26 pm

He is 13th on the armbar rankings his wins are against top 100 guys lol!
    Dave branch
    Thomas drawl
    Lucio linhares
    Jeremy horn

Needs 3 big wins and they aren't coming anytime soon
    Alexandre friera up next

Awsome leg locks and one he'll of a physique
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 31, 2011 4:26 pm

I think Stann is obviously who Zuffa have lined up next he is easily the marketable name available to fight Silva I'm pretty convinced he will fight the winner of Maia vs Munoz to determent who is next.

After Okami MW is pretty much up in the air most men have at least 1 defeat in their last 3 fight
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue May 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Yeah they want too push stann no doubt
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue May 31, 2011 6:07 pm

I hope they don't treat Stann like Bisping in terms of giving him pretty much cannon fodder just to keep him winning like they do with Bisping, just to appease his nations fans. Saying that though Stanns resume isn't far short of Bispings already in terms of wins against legitimate opponents. I think a fight between Bisping and Stann would be competitive.

Palhares is so far behind the rest of the pack in terms of getting a title shot and I reckon Anderson will retire before Palhares becomes outright number 1 contender. Awesome biceps tho he loves flexing them after a win too.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 pm

I think Palhares needs two wins to get a shot at Anderson. If you look at that division, pretty much everybody who's above him has already had his ass handed to him by Anderson, except Sonnen and Okami. Okami is next and Sonnen is out of the mix. I can see Palhares getting a big fight if he wins his next fight and then a title shot.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Oh, and on Stann, Santiago is a bigger win than anyone Bisping has beaten.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue May 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Leben bigger win in eyes of the casuals and ufc fans tho which counts in terms of who ufc push

Anderson has cleaned that division out like you say not sure 2 wins will do it when you consider if palhares wins his next fight against an un ranked opponent that will mean he is 1 fight away
    I think 4 is more realistic and only if he beats a bisping stann belfort sonnen type name in the eyes of Dana and co
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Stann's battering of Leben was much more impressive than Bisping's 15 minutes of jabbing and sprinting.

I could see them matching up Stann and Palhares. I think Palhares would beat him.

Actually I have another name that could be the man to beat him. But I think I'll start a new thread to bring it up.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:51 am

Demetrius Johnson broke his leg in his fight against Miguel Torres, due to that i'll let him off slightly for his lay and pray tactics.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Impressive broken leg fuck me

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:11 pm