THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Anfields5thKing
Once Mohawked Pete
Sheldan
efils_god
Cowboys From Hell
2brutal
superman_punch
Ginginho
payneNglory1
13 posters

UFC 134 review

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 134 review Empty UFC 134 review

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:07 am

Well what a great event,a stacked card,that delivered and showed us what the greatest fighter of all time looks like when he's on fire.

Also what a crowd the Brazilian fans were,they created a great atmosphere from the very first fight up until the Silva fight.
    I would of loved to have been apart of that audience,what a boost it must have been for the Brazilian fighters to have support like that behind them.
    I was a little surprised with them being a BJJ nation,at the speed they seemed to want the fights back on their feet though.

Loveland vs Jabouin,got the night off to a pretty good start.
    I thought loveland would be able to take Jabouin down when needed and grind out a decision and that's basically how it started,but the longer the fight went,Jabouin started finding it easier to shrug off loveland,keep it where he needed the fight,standing and start taking over the fight,while also mixing in some flashy spinning strikes that the crowd seemed to love.
    I gave loveland the first rd and Jabouin the last two,I don't know who that daft Judge was who scored all 3 rds to Loveland.
    UFC 134 review 8

Yuri Alcantara vs. Felipe Arantes
    another fun fight,Alcantara more rounded style made him the better fighter in this one and IMO he did enough in all 3 rds to win them all by showing good stand up,good take downs and solid control when he had his opponent down.
    Arantes was supposed to be the better striker in this one,but he just never seemed to be able to get off first,which allowed Alcantara to dictate the fight.

UFC 134 review 1

Erick Silva vs. Luis Ramos
    The first KO of the night and what a sweet punch and finish it was,quick,violent and in under a minute,a great debut for the lad and a great start for the Blackhouse boys.

UFC 134 review 2

Raphael Assuncao vs. Johnny Eduardo
    Assunccao won all 3 rds on my card,by managing to stuff Eduardo's striking game,stay on the inside and get the takedowns.He nearly managed a rearnaked in the second but he ran out of time.
    I thought Eduardo fought a bad fight in this one to be honest,he had a huge reach advantage and striking advantage but never really managed to settle down and use them,he landed the odd one that stumbled Assuncao but there was just not enough from him,which allowed Assuncao to win the majority of each rd.

Thought it was funny when the crowd booed him every time he spoke in English,the poor lad was switching languages during sentences in the end.

UFC 134 review 5

Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell
    This fight was so easy for Thiago,I found myself getting pretty bored with it after a while.
    Thiago did what he wanted when he wanted,without going all out for the finish,he easily won all stand up exchanges,took him down when he wanted,worked for a sub,couldn't get it each time,so he just stood up,rinsed and repeated for 3 rds.
    I'm not trying to be down on Thiago as it was a good solid professional job he did,I just think the match making wasn't that good here,as Mitchell didn't really offer anything in the way of attacking in this fight,he just hung in and defended for 15 minutes really.

UFC 134 review 7

Rousimar Palhares vs. Dan Miller
    Crazy fight,I don't think Palhares is quite all there to be honset,he snaps peoples limbs and says well I was waiting for the ref to step in,he then complains about Nates leg mid fight,flaps his arms around complaining so nate can smash his face,then this time,he has the fight won after landing a sweet head kick,well he would of if he had continued pounding for 5-10 more seconds and waited for the ref to actually stop the fight,but he decides to just throw a couple of shots,stop and run and climb the cage celebrating as if the ref had actually stepped in,Herb didn't even motion like he was going to step in at that point,i tell you the guys a few fries short of a happy meal.
    Then fucking hell straight after they coax him down from the top of the cage and restart,Blam,Miller lands a sweet right hand that rocks and drops palhares,crazy first rd.

Palhares is a beast,deadly on the ground,tries to slam people through the matt and has a hell of alot of power in his shots,especially if he's above you.
    He started having his way with miller in the second,but credit to Miller,he's a tough bastard,he's one of those fighters that i don't care how many he loses,i don't want to see him cut from the UFC,he makes people fight and his fights are usually entertaining.
    In the last rd,both fighters slowed down alot and you could see this was going to be a one sided UD decision to Palhares.
    Impressive stuff from the tree stump,but another fight that puts him further up the crazy scale.

UFC 134 review 4
    UFC 134 review 5

Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
    good performance from Tavares,he controlled the fight,looked good on his feet and took spencer down,put him on his back and controlled him to win the first rd.
    The second went exactly the same way,with Thiago taking him down and landing shots,I don't think he was really hurting fisher that much but once Spencer gave his back,he was stuck and basically defenseless,so when thiago kept raining down more shots,the ref really had no choice but to stop it.
    UFC 134 review 5

Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov
    pissed about this one,changed my pick at the last minute to cane Mad
    Cane started this fight having his way with Nedkov,all nedkov had was a crazy overhand right that he was swinging,a blind guy could see that coming,well obviously cane needs his fucking eyes testing,because what happens,Nedkov lands that wild right which makes cane say fuck it I'm outa here,he turns his back and runs towards the cage,I thought he was going to leap over teh top and continue running but Nedkov was to quick,he swarms him with more punches before cane can get his footing in the cage and finishes the Job.

UFC 134 review 3

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub

cheers cheers cheers
    I think the Brazilian fans are still singing,great finish from Nog and fucking great to watch.
    I thought schaub was actually looking pretty good and was on his way to winning the round,that was before Nog turned back the clock and pulled out his new little box of striking tricks and lands a super 10 punch combo before dropping Schaub cold,face first to the mat.
    this definitely got me out of my seat cheering.
    UFC 134 review 5

Ross Pearson vs. Edson Mendes Barboza Jr.
    thoroughly deserved FOTN,fast exciting and tons of skills on show from both fighters.
    Pearson did a great job of putting constant pressure on Barboza and took the first rd for me.
    Pearson never let up,but I think the more technical accurate striking of Barboza started showing in the end and he started to land some clean shots,dropping and wobbling Pearson in the second.
    In the third Pearson was still the hunter,but barboza continued to land some clean kicks and punches to win the last rd.
    I had it 29-28 Barboza
    UFC 134 review 11

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Forrest Griffin
    I could see this happening,I'm starting to doubt if this is what forrest really wants to do anymore.
    Shogun landed that nice right hand that staggers and drops forrest and then it was Forrest vs rashad all over again as shogun rains down about 5 or 6 hammerfists leaving the ref no choice but to step in and stop it.
    UFC 134 review 4

Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami
    What can you say,Anderson in that kind of form is without a doubt the deadliest and greatest MMA fighter on the planet.
    He schooled Yushin,you could just see the confidence start to build in Anderson,when he gets like that,the focus gets sharp,his shots are pin point and the guy starts dropping tough fighters with punches that look nothing more than jabs.
    i don't think Okami touched him apart from a short clinch

9 title defences,constantly beating the top challengers of his division,Anderson is the GOAT.

UFC 134 review 4

UFC 134 review 6
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 134 review Empty Re: UFC 134 review

Post  Ginginho Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 am

You've pretty much summed it up perfectly payne.

The crowd were brilliant - the singing and chanting add something to these events and made it feel like it was something special. I really hope they get back there on a more regular basis.

It was the first event where I have watched all the fights live (or live-ish) and don't regret that at all, even though I was up real early for the Liverpool game.

I must admit I feel a little stupid backing Okami - got sucked in by the Sonnen factor (similar styles, training together etc.) - but I don't mind feeling stupid after watching the best at the top of their game. I like watching how Anderson gets his distance early, watching his opponents footwork and movements in a very defensive manner before dropping his hands, luring them in and dropping them with perfectly timed strikes that don't even look that powerful!!!

Rua finished Griffin quickly but it was hard to judge whether that was because he has got his game back or if Griffin was just shit.

The best result for me was Big Nog KTFO of Schaub - I jumped out of my chair when he turned his lights out. He still looks wobbly anytime he gets hit though so I doubt if he will ever get back to the top.

Pearson - Barboza was a great fast paced striking duel, deservedly FOTN, and I thought Cane had Nedkov on toast until he got clocked. He just couldn't control his legs after the first big shot which made me laugh....

Palhares - Miller would have been FOTN if it was more even, just for that first round alone which was probably the most surreal thing I have ever seen in the UFC.

For me, it was probably the best event in a long time
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 am

It was a good event and the UFC must have been loving the Brazilian wins. Next years brazil show will be probably the biggest show of all time.

I was really disappointed in Okami however. He offered nothing whatsoever, the fight reminded me of wrestling in the mid 80's where stars like Hulk Hogan would face nobody's and local wrestlers who nobody had ever heard of and just pummel them doing all there favourite moves. Okami just let Anderson show off his skill set. It was a one sided a title fight ever.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 am

mryzyz nailed it on the head when he said we dont know if schaubs boxing is even better than nogs, i feel good ive been calling a nog victory since it was announced, awsome love that guy, he ate a big shot as well nice to see he does have a great chin still, also adds more weight to cains punching power,

anderson did what he wanted too okami had a mare, goat for me

forrest will call it a day if not now after 1 more, payne is right his head heart isnt in it anymore, nice display from rua, still rekon he should consider middleweight

edsons kicks were crisp, impressed with pearson he did himself no harm and picked up a cheeky 100k
    29 28 for me too

cane was looking good shame he has no chin

not seen all pre lims yet, awsome card though
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 am

Great night for Zuffa the crowd was great, the fights were great the only disappointing thing was Okami's performance. It was either a case of stage fright or maybe Okami isn't really that good I'll be honest I'm leaning towards the latter looking at Okami's record Marquart & munoz are easily his biggest wins. Sure he put a up a great fight late on against Franklin but lost the fight and got dominated with ease by Sonnen.

I'll be honest Silva has to move up to LHW for his own relevance fighting GSP proves nothing looking at the size advantage he should beat him with ease personally I don't have much interest in seeing the fight.

I expected Shogun to blast through Forrest with ease as he did great win, felt Pearson should have got the nod although It was very close and was very surprised in Nedkov getting the win after the beating he received at the beginning (regret changing my pick).

Man I'm so happy I got the Nog fight wrong delighted Nog got the win but even more so Schaub got KTFO in the process Very Happy.

Prelims were great the Erick Silva KO was the pick of the prelims for me the Paul Harris vs Dan Miller fight was hard to watch for me I didn't enjoy that fight at all Dan is too tough for his own good.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Great Review Payne, thanks for taking the time to get the vids etc.

A great night of fights all round.

Silva continues to look unbeatable, they have to make a rematch with Sonnen sometime soon, it's really the only question mark there is left. I also have not much interest in seeing Silva-GSP.

Shogun looked decent but i agree Griffin's heart and chin appear not to be in it anymore, and he has taken some tough beatings recently. Not sure what's next for him, that could really motivate him.

Good win for Nog, and another look at Schaub's suspect chin. That's a real weakness at HW. I'm not sure that Nog'll ever be too relevant in the HW division again, but i'm glad we'll see him fight again. Nog-Mir rematch makes sense now.

I like Palhares and think he's a great fighter with alot of potential in the division, but he odes seem to be a bit mental! Without the mental block he was schooling Nate before he lost. Surreal in the first round, and would have been epic if Miller put him out just after (as nearly happened!)

Dan Miller is super tough, no-one ever seems to be able to finish him!

Still watching some of the prelims now so will comment later...

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks Very Happy

So who should be the next opponents for some of these UFC 134 fighters?

Anderson vs winner of Stann - Sonnen

Barboza vs Siver

Nog - Mir 2,winner of Cro-cop - Nelson

Shogun - Dan Henderson,Phil Davis

Yushin - Vitor

Palhares - winner of santiago and Maia

Pearson - Tavares

Schaub - Barry

Miller - C.B,Ed Herman
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Palhares v Maia would be a grappling clinic. Great call.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Sam Stout has pulled out of his UFC 137 bout with Dennis Siver, so Siver VS Barboza could happen.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Cheers for the review dude, was a decent enough event, although I was really disappointed in Okami's performance, I actually thought he had a chance against Silva. Agree with Cowboy on the need for Silva to step up in weight.

Barboza/Pearson was a quality scrap and worthy of FOTN honours.

Thought that Shogun looked in terrible shape, but he tore Griffin apart.

Well chuffed for Nog, that'll teach Schaub for calling out 'past it' legends.

Palhares is mad as a frog.

IMO
    Anderson has to fight winner of Stann/Sonnen, then move to LHW

Barboza, I'd like to see against

Nog - I would like to see retire, don't think he's ever going to get to the very top again, and I think he's served his time

Shogun - I would like to see against Clay Guida or Melvin Guillard

Palhares, I'd like to see him fight a bear...either that, or Maia

Pearson v Tavares is a decent call.

I'd like to see Schaub against someone like Herman.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

epic match-ups there....! cheers
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 pm

efils_god wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

epic match-ups there....! cheers

What a penis I am, Embarassed

That should have read - Barboza vs Guida/Guillard and Shogun vs Tito
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 am

I think Anderson has three fights left, Sonnen at 185, Hendo at 205, Palhares at 185 if he still has the MW belt. I think Palhares needs one more win to get a title shot. I think if Sonnen doesn't beat Anderson, Palhares will. I think Palhares would beat Sonnen too personally.

Is Shogun back or is Forrest just finished? That's the big question. Shogun-Davis is a great call.

Can we finally put the Schaub hype to bed? Average fighter, got lucky against Shogun, got knocked the fuck out by a well past it big Nog.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:05 am

im a big fan of rousimar but to say he is one fight away is crazy mate he needs 3 at least im not saying he isnt the potential top guy, but in terms of what joe silva and the rest see it he will need 3 wins he just got a decision win over dan miller, albeit convincing no disrespect to dan but there were people in the crowd with wins over dan miller, he needs to beat vitor but he is too low profile too get that fight then in ufc pecking order he is behind sonnen vitor, munoz, stann bisping, i know he would kill bisping, watch this space buddy needs 3 wins and 2 names
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 am

Gotta agree with brutal, he coudl get it in 2 fights if he gets a big name next, and then someone like Vitor/Stan etc, but he's been on the undercard for a while now, since Nate i think, and he's a bit away yet.

I think he'll get there though unless he has another one of his 'moment's along the way!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Vitor vs Palhares is a good shout both are a fight or two away from a Title shot and it is very intriguing fight as will be obvious Vitor will want to keep it standing while Palhares will want to get the fight to the ground.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Anderson will fight winner of Stann-Sonnen. Palhares will fight winner of Bisping-Miller or Leben-Munoz. And winner of that Palhares fight will get next shot at title.

But then theres Belfort, Okami, possibly Hendo and winner of Maia-Santiago aswell in the mix for possible fights available at MW.

When Anderson decides to retire, the MW division is going to be ultra competitive.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Palhares is nowhere near a title shot, Anderson will be long gone before Palhares could get a fight with him.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Can we finally put the Schaub hype to bed? Average fighter, got lucky against Shogun, got knocked the fuck out by a well past it big Nog.

*Cro Cop, not Shogun.

Also, how can you say can we put the Schaub hype to bed, and then say Palhares is 1 win away from a title shot in the same message. What is Palhares being rated on other than hype? His biggest career win is Dan Miller, a guy who took the fight on short notice and still nearly knocked Palhares out. Palhares has great BJJ and decent striking, but he hasn't beaten anybody who is a top 20 ranked middleweight. If Bisping (a guy who is England's poster boy for the UFC) doesn't get a title shot after beating Dan Miller 3 fights ago, then Palhares (a guy Dana White doesn't care about, and is arguably Brazil's 6th best MW in the UFC) is not going to get a #1 contenders match in his next fight.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Im looking forward to seeing Sonnen getting KTFO by spider!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 am

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Can we finally put the Schaub hype to bed? Average fighter, got lucky against Shogun, got knocked the fuck out by a well past it big Nog.

*Cro Cop, not Shogun.

Also, how can you say can we put the Schaub hype to bed, and then say Palhares is 1 win away from a title shot in the same message. What is Palhares being rated on other than hype? His biggest career win is Dan Miller, a guy who took the fight on short notice and still nearly knocked Palhares out. Palhares has great BJJ and decent striking, but he hasn't beaten anybody who is a top 20 ranked middleweight. If Bisping (a guy who is England's poster boy for the UFC) doesn't get a title shot after beating Dan Miller 3 fights ago, then Palhares (a guy Dana White doesn't care about, and is arguably Brazil's 6th best MW in the UFC) is not going to get a #1 contenders match in his next fight.

My mistake, was re-watching the card when I wrote that and Shogun was being interviewed.

Palhares has lost once in the UFC, to Dan Henderson who happens to be one of the 3 greatest fighters of all time. He's also been cheated by Nate Marquadt, a tube of KY Jelly and Herb Dean's ineptitude.

Bisping has no chance against Silva, everyone knows it, thats why he doesn't get a title shot. He was handed a completely undeserved number 1 contenders fight and got knocked the fuck out by the same Dan Henderson that Palhares took 3 rounds and gave a tough fight. Palhares has the wrestling to take Silva down, the power and control to destroy him on the ground, and the submissions to break whatever bone he wants. Dan Miller dropped him, he did not nearly knock him out. Palhares destroyed him, thought he had the fight won, stopped fighting and celebrated. In a situation where you think the fight is over your adrenaline levels will crash. He went back to fight Miller cold and got caught and dropped, recovered immediately, and then destroyed Miller for the rest of the fight. Oh and "short notice"?? Miller accepted the fight on July 5th and fought him on August 27th! That's not short notice. He had EIGHT weeks to prepare for the fight. Comical.

On what planet is Palhares the 6th best Brazilian MW? Anderson and Vitor have a claim to be above him. That's it. Palhares is one win away from a title shot.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:49 am

2brutal wrote:im a big fan of rousimar but to say he is one fight away is crazy mate he needs 3 at least im not saying he isnt the potential top guy, but in terms of what joe silva and the rest see it he will need 3 wins he just got a decision win over dan miller, albeit convincing no disrespect to dan but there were people in the crowd with wins over dan miller, he needs to beat vitor but he is too low profile too get that fight then in ufc pecking order he is behind sonnen vitor, munoz, stann bisping, i know he would kill bisping, watch this space buddy needs 3 wins and 2 names

Nah mate, one fight. two tops. He needs to beat Vitor? He really doesn't. Vitor can't touch Anderson, he won't get a shot. Munoz won't fight Anderson. Stann and Sonnen are fighting to face Anderson next but the loser will drop back. Bisping? He'll never get a shot. Palhares could be handed the winner of Bisping vs Mayhem with the winner getting a shot. He'll destroy either.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 pm

i agree mate he would be too much for bisping and or mayhem, but the truth is he is not high up on the ufc list of mw they want to give a title shot too, see what happens
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:36 pm

Fightmatrix ranks Palhares at 13th thats Over Maia and Santiago at 14th and 15th...

So he cant be that far off a title shot. Im with Anfield on how good he is, I think he is one of the biggest threats to Anderson,

Infact id go as far to say as there are only 4 guys in the world with a hope of beating Anderson, Sonnen, Jacare, Lombard and Palhares.

Jacare wont be able to fight him till SF closes next year and Lombard is tied to Bellator for a while so I reckon he is probabally the 2nd biggest threat to Anderson next to Sonnen.

No one will outstrike Anderson, so Bisping and Belfort and Stann might as well be out the window.

The guy to beat him is a guy confident enough to be on the front foot as sonnen did and agressive enough to put him on his back but they need to be good enough to dominate him on the floor and only the best Wrestlers and top flight BJJ guys who can totally overpower him will get the job done.

Palhares just needs to get a big win after throwing the fight with "the Grease" away, my thoughts are he will need more lower ranked guy like the MacDonald vs Belcher winner, that would be ideal ranking and time wise.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote: Bisping has no chance against Silva, everyone knows it, thats why he doesn't get a title shot. He was handed a completely undeserved number 1 contenders fight and got knocked the fuck out by the same Dan Henderson that Palhares took 3 rounds and gave a tough fight. Palhares has the wrestling to take Silva down, the power and control to destroy him on the ground, and the submissions to break whatever bone he wants. Dan Miller dropped him, he did not nearly knock him out. Palhares destroyed him, thought he had the fight won, stopped fighting and celebrated. In a situation where you think the fight is over your adrenaline levels will crash. He went back to fight Miller cold and got caught and dropped, recovered immediately, and then destroyed Miller for the rest of the fight. Oh and "short notice"?? Miller accepted the fight on July 5th and fought him on August 27th! That's not short notice. He had EIGHT weeks to prepare for the fight. Comical.

On what planet is Palhares the 6th best Brazilian MW? Anderson and Vitor have a claim to be above him. That's it. Palhares is one win away from a title shot.

I meant in terms of relativity, Anderson, Vitor, Maia, Santiago and even Wanderlei are more relevant than Palhares, and that's just the Brazilians. In today's world, that matters just as much as ability, as shown in Rampage getting the title shot. Even in terms of ability, I'd back all of them apart from Wanderlei to beat Palhares. Palhares has never beaten anybody who is top 15, and until he beats somebody who is top 15 then I see him as just another hyped up fighter. How on Earth is he 1 win away from a title shot? Who could he face to be put in that situation. Okami and Belfort are the only top 10 guys who don't already have fights set, and those two aren't going to be put in #1 contenders fights. Sonnen, Stann, Munoz, Leben and Bisping all have fights set and they're closer to the title than Palhares. I don't even think Palhares' next fight will be against a top 10 guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am