THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
the_king
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
superman_punch
wilksdaman
redmeanie77
SirSquatAlot
2brutal
13 posters

Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results

superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results - Page 2 Empty Re: Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results

Post  superman_punch Sun May 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Anfield thats awesome mate. Where you located now? Got any plans to train in the future? Your going travelling this Summer I remember from an earlier post. Is it a business or pleasure trip?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results - Page 2 Empty Re: Ufc 130 review do not read if you do not know the results

Post  the_king Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 pm

anfield did you ever come accross a student called iisho kato he would have been there the same time as you, he left to go to iwate in the north were i met him really sound guy.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun May 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Superman punch good job I never posted to anfield start walking on the Leeds Liverpool canal and I'll meet you half way after he called me little man when we first came on here sounds like I would of got my arse kicked big time, my fighting background is not quite as impressive,

Meanie fair shout re fotn it was close but I rekon Dana wanted to reward stann for the ko
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 29, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm based between Ireland and England. My ex and my two kids live in South London so I've got a place in Sussex that I use when I have the boys. But I'm mainly in Ireland if I don't have them and I'm not working or travelling.

This summer I'm going to be in Italy a fair bit training with their Olympic team. I'm going on friday for 4 days, then back here for 3 days, then back there for 4 more days.

I've at least 3 trips to America planned. One to Florida in 3 weeks to spend a week at ATT and I'm hoping to buy some property over there. With the recession and all the foreclosures there are some great places going for far less than they're worth so I'm thinking of buying a small apartment and maybe renting it out to one of the lads at ATT.

The back here and another trip to Italy, plus a trip to France to see my folks(that will be a short trip) and I've to go to Budapest to see my tattooist, get some work finished on my arm and plan my next big piece.

Then I'm going to Chicago for the Fedor-Hendo fight at the end of July. I'm hoping to make a day-trip to Detroit while I'm over to buy an old muscle car and have it shipped back here. I need a new car because mine had an unfortunate meeting with a Range Rover a few weeks ago and it's all fucked up and I'm sick of walking, taking buses and bumming lifts because I refused to accept the Hire Car they offered me. I had a lovely Porsche before some dickhead ran into(and nearly over) me, in his fucking Range Rover because he was too busy chatting on the phone to notice the lights had changed and on my insurance I had hire car cover so i thought they'd give me something decent. But no. They took my Porsche away and tried to give me a fucking Toyota Yaris!!, when I refused that they offered me a fucking Prius and the woman i rang to complain to gave me a lecture about how Prius's and the like are good to drive for the sake of the environment, so i've decided to buy something that will spoil the environment. I was going to buy a Hummer because I thought it would be funny, then I found out how much they cost to tax and run so i've gone against that idea.

I'm going to Asia for 3 weeks straight after the Fedor-Hendo fight. That's a business trip more than anything. As my actual job and to pay for all my fucking about, I run an importing business(by run I mean I own it and really do fuck all else). We import furniture and cars from Asia to sell in the UK and Ireland, so I'm going to meet some suppliers in China, Korea, Japan and Malaysia. I'm hoping i can get to the Kodokan for a few days while I'm there too.

Then from Asia i'll be flying back via New York because I've got an appointment with Paul Booth to finally get tattooed by him. So that'll be my third trip to America.

I also have to make sure I get my kids for a couple of weeks AND I promised them I'd take them on holiday. I might kill two birds with one stone and bring them to see their grandparents, stop at EuroDisney for a couple of days on the way or something. AND! my best mate is getting married this summer and because he's a dick and asked me to be best man rather than his brother which would be the norm I can't miss it and use work as an excuse. There's a couple of other things I have to do that i can't think of at the minute but I don't think I'll actually have a full week without getting on a plane between now and September.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 29, 2011 10:25 pm

the_king wrote:anfield did you ever come accross a student called iisho kato he would have been there the same time as you, he left to go to iwate in the north were i met him really sound guy.

At the Kodokan? Never heard of him mate. But there are about 1000 people training there at any given time so unless he was in my class I wouldn't have known him.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun May 29, 2011 10:36 pm

That's what I call living mate good for you and respect for putting ya kids first well jealous
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Cheers mate. I'm hoping to have full custody of them by the end of the year. Our custody agreement is up in October and I'm going for full custody this time because she's taken the piss on the joint custody agreement we've had.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Best of luck mate hope you get them, women eh
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 29, 2011 11:11 pm

I know! To be fair, I was warned about her when I first got with her. Everything I was warned about turned out to be true. But we live and learn.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun May 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Do we ever learn though, what type work do you do, you seem to clock up those frequent flyer points,
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon May 30, 2011 12:05 am

Jesus Anfield you've got one hell of a life, to you I bet all that traveling tires you out but to me that looks like you're in store for one very exciting Summer! Jealous that you're at the Fedor-Henderson fight, I could have been at the Haye-Klitschko fight but i'm on holiday with my girlfriend in Ibiza while it's on Sad .. ahh well i'm sure i'll enjoy the atmosphere over there, my Dad said he watched Bruno win the world title while he was on holiday and he enjoyed the atmosphere. Have a good Summer anyway mate and don't forget to come on the armbar whenever you have time Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 am

2brutal wrote:Do we ever learn though, what type work do you do, you seem to clock up those frequent flyer points,

Well I used to basically be a full time training partner for hire for anyone preparing for major Judo or grappling tournaments, or MMA fights. I'm pretty good at mimicking styles and I used to be really good at gaining and losing weight without much difficulty so i could be a grappling partner for people at 3 mma weights class(170-185-205) and dependent on the weight classes, up to 5 for Judo/grappling comps. I used to get quite a lot of work with people preparing for both amateur competitions and pro fights. I used to work with some of the MMA camps if a fighter was getting ready to face a guy with good Judo or Greco, but I don't really do that anymore because it's too much of a commitment. ATT is really the only camp I'd do anything with like that now, and it's been a good while since I did it for them. I used to be able to do a week here or there but now a lot of places want you to be at their gym for the full training camp and it doesn't really interest me. I used to always work with guys getting ready for the Euros and Worlds and even Abu Dhabi but I can't be fucked anymore. It's not fun anymore because I hurt too much afterwards. I've got bad hips, bad knees and bad shoulders so i can't train all day every day anymore. Now I just make sure I get work with an Olympic camp. Italy this time. Germany the last two. There's some special about the Olympics and it's my chance to help someone do something I never got the chance to do.

My real job is the importing thing. But that bores me once I've actually gone and sourced the stuff because I hate sitting in an office talking to people on the phone. I make a lot out of money out of it though so I can't complain.

Cheers Sheldan, yeah it should be good. It's just quite intense to try and fit everything into such a short period of time. I really should have thought about it more but I tend to agree to things and then realize that I might not have time to do it so I try to fit everything in so as not to let anyone down.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 am

Good luck with the Kids Anfield, have thought your one of the soundest lads on here since day 1.

No one else taking about Torres getting Screwed, How he lost that is beyone me, Lieing on top not landing anything while constantly getting swepeed and threatened with Subs!! He did Fuck all from the top and probabally took more damage from Torres on the bottom than he dished out on top! Robbery. Torrest won the 1st and 3rd, Id love to hear why these fuckwit judges score wrestling over BJJ so Much, Being on top and nothing more is better than a Sub attempt you have to work to escape for example, total shite.

Hamill was and still is a journeyman, was overmatched when most fought and didnt commit to a win, he didnt push a KO when the TD's werent working. Rampage didnt get the job done which makes me think he clearly isnt a contender, Cant anyone really say Forrest, Shogun, Machida, Davis etc.. wouldnt have finished him?

Mir's gas tank is shite, he was near as tired as Nelson, I think he has to loose a bit of weight, he said he cut from over 270 in an interview before, maby that Muscle is slowing him. Nelson is as I though he was, a tough guy who is top 20, he will always be a great gatekeeper because he is well rounded, tough and hits hard but he isnt winning any titles no matter what weight. Both men need to sort that Cardio out though. Who next for Mir im wondering? I see Nog vs Schaub winner.

Raging about the Story fight, the ref allowed far far too much wall and stall, look at how quickly Browne was seperated from Struve, the shit is so inconsistent. Alves would have won if the ref had of been more on the ball, he looked in great shape loosing that Muscle, maby a little less devistating on the feet but hat might be because Story is a beast. Story vs Kos if he makes a recovery.

Stann looked great, a really solid Mw, Great Mix of Wrestling and Raw KO power and a massive American face! Laughing I like the guy, I think he will be a contender for the title, he is still very inexperienced for a 30 year old but I think in a year he will be up there with the title contenders, after all Bisping is up there and would anyone back him to beat Stann?

superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Mon May 30, 2011 1:21 am

Fuck me Anfield what a life!!!! Good for you and good luck with everything. I won't be the only one reading this wanting to swap places and talent with you.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Mon May 30, 2011 1:26 am

On a side note from all this Anfield love. I understand why Dana picked mayhem as coach for TUF but wouldn't Stann and Bisping been the obvious and logical choice. TUF coach is seen as a privileged role to have with several fighters constantly asking for it. On this occasion the UFC seemed to have opted for a poor mans Chael Sonnen in Mayhem to go against Bisping. this fight doesn't really affect the rankings whereas Stann V Bisping pretty much sets up the next contender presuming Belfort doesn't get another shot.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 am

Vitor winning 1 fight wont get him another shot after doing so badly in his last one. Assuming he wins his next one I think Vitor vs Stann would be a war.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 am

I don't think Vitor will ever get another title shot while Anderson has the belt.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon May 30, 2011 2:27 am

Bisping and Mayhem will fight at the TUF 14 Finale on Spike rather than on PPV, that says a lot....
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon May 30, 2011 12:27 pm

hey anfield good luck to you and your endevours this summer. im in agreement vitor vs stann is a good match.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Fuk me Nelson is in talks with mike dolce thinking of doing the dolce diet

Mayhem makes sense because they are thinking tuf is lacking entertainment

Stann would be way to pc classy guy

Ben payne I t ink was also saying Torres was unlucky one of the most active fighters from the bottom
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Sheldan wrote:Bisping and Mayhem will fight at the TUF 14 Finale on Spike rather than on PPV, that says a lot....

No way either gets a title shot off that. Which is good.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Bisping and Mayhem will fight at the TUF 14 Finale on Spike rather than on PPV, that says a lot....

No way either gets a title shot off that. Which is good.

Yeah agree with that, would be hard to push Bisping or Miller as a genuine threat to Anderson.

After Okami UFC need to line up a new contender quickly, The 4 guys who will be in the mix if they win their next fights excluding the TUF coaches are

Wanderlei
    Maia
    Belfort
    Stann

I dont mind what combination they get Mixed up in but Since Wand didnt seem keen to fight Stann Id like to see Vitor vs Wanderlei and Maia vs Stann to sort the next contender out.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon May 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Ben you see miai beating Munoz then ? I think he will struggle

Rekon if bisping gets the win he gets Anderson don't get me wrong not by merit but just what I think they will do
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon May 30, 2011 4:31 pm

i would push stann personally he has good power in his hands and seems a solid fighter.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 30, 2011 5:04 pm

2brutal wrote:Ben you see miai beating Munoz then ? I think he will struggle

Rekon if bisping gets the win he gets Anderson don't get me wrong not by merit but just what I think they will do

Kinda totally overlooked Munoz, but considering he has only a SD loss to Okami at Mw and Maia is unsersized at Mw and cant strike im backing Munoz... Laughing .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:57 pm