THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
pinsman
Mannpagejackson
Sly Uses
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
Mryzyz
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
2brutal
wilksdaman
14 posters

BROCK or JDS?

Poll

Let's see how the Armbar's divided....who will you be backing?

[ 11 ]
    BROCK or JDS? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%BROCK or JDS? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [52%] 
    [ 10 ]
    BROCK or JDS? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap48%BROCK or JDS? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [48%] 

Total Votes: 21
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

BROCK or JDS? - Page 2 Empty Re: BROCK or JDS?

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:25 pm

It was split for Shogun- Jones as well. Half the board knew what they were talking about. The other half believed the hype. Same thing happening here.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 pm

I agree. After the Shogun-Bones fight half the board knew what they were talking about and realized that Bones won because Shogun was in poor shape. The rest believed the hype.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:35 pm

I have gone Brock here I knew Cain would destroy him,
    Shogun may well of done better we will never know, unless he has a few wins and bones keeps the belt then maybe a rematch, this fight isn't split though most people are picking the favourite jds, with good reason, nothings ever cut and dry in this sport remember gsp sera a fight gsp wins 9 out of 10 times
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Brock, anywhere, anytime, any place.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:50 pm

"The guy is just a whole different animal. It was his first time back to training since the Cain fight and he was just under 300-pounds. It was something different and we never had a beast quite like that at our gym. It mostly consisted of BJJ and wrestling. A lot of rolling. He also helped some of us in the wrestling department. He did some sparring with Randy. You do not realize how strong he is and how fast he is unless you are there training or fighting him. I fight at 170 and I'll be the first to tell you that he was much faster than I was. It's shocking actually - the way he was just throwing guys around. Couture had him go through rounds of rolling. One person would step in, roll with Brock for 2 minutes then step out and someone else would go in. Forrest Griffin was there, Vitor was there, I was there, Sefo was there. We had a bunch of guys. He was incredibly strong, we would just go in there and get submitted a couple times and get out. He caught Forrest in the same straight armbar three times in the two minutes they were rolling. The only one he didn't tap out was Vinny [Magalhaes] but it was more of the same. I don't think anyone was able to get top position without him giving it up. It was a fun experience."

This is what jay heiron said about lesnar who trained at extreme couture
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Big yawn, standard jargon that comes out of every training partner of every fighter on the planet. So basically he rolled with a bunch of guys he outweighed by between 80 and 120 lbs and tapped a bunch of guys with questionable sub defence. Back to sleep.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Like Pat Barry says, when Lesnar hits you it doesn't matter if you block it, you're going out.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Hype is only created by people talking about a fighter who can win. This is mma, the reason there is hype around this fight is that there are 2 quality fighters. 1 boulder of a man who has questionable skills but strength, size and surprising speed. Against a more rounded skillfull advisary who is physically inferior. People are saying that the guys backing brock are based Entirely on hype. But the real reason its a close vote is either fighter could win. Its a question of a physical beast vs a technically superior fighter. And based on that, this fight could be a real cracker. I would be hugely suprised if this goes the distance and whoever wins this, i expect that all the work would be done on the ground. Either fighter via tko or submission.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 pm

im wanting brock to win although i dont think he will.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:20 am