THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Brock Larson cut by UFC

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock Larson cut by UFC Empty Brock Larson cut by UFC

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 pm

According to MMAJunkie.com, the UFC has cut welterweight fighter Brock Larson after his UFC 106 loss to Brian Foster. Larson was 26-4 as a fighter, going 3-3 in the UFC and 4-1 under the WEC banner. Larson commented on his release, stating the following…

"It's probably a good thing, I was having a hard time getting motivated for my last two fights. I needed a change. The undercards just didn't do it for me."

Huge dissapointment for me. He came from the WEC with a lot of hype. He was 1-1 previously in the UFC after losing to Fitch and beating Nakamura. He then made a name for himself in the UFC but losing to Condit in a WEC title match. On his return to the UFC he beat Jesse Saunders by sub and then Mike Pyle. Some people then put him as a top 15-10 WW. I have no idea why. He then lost his next two fights to average competitors, Mike Pierce and Brian Foster. He was completely manhanled by Foster, possibly losing the first round 10-6 (detucted points are a factor here as well) before being put out of his misery. I don't know why he was hyped up so much, maybe to make Condit look like the next big thing. Condit himself has been dissapointing, losing to Kampmann (who got KOed by Daley quickly) and could have easily lost against Ellenberger. Condit is facing Daley next, he needs to improve massivley and expose Daley's non existant ground game. Training with Jackson will help him a lot.

As for Larson, probably to Strikeforce/Dream now. Possibly back to the WEC if he can cut to LW. BTW his excuse is pathetic. Fitch had to fight 8 times before getting a title shot and Larson is complaining about fighting on the under card after beating no one.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Brock Larson cut by UFC Empty Re: Brock Larson cut by UFC

Post  hendos_right_hook Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Probably fair, if you're not pulling out the results against fighters you really should be beating, then there's something wrong.

As for his 'undercard' excuse, those are the brakes I'm afraid, he shouldn't complain about being on the undercard. Think of the people who fight in small promotions for hardly any money? If fighting in the UFC isn't enough to motivate you in MMA, then it isn't the sport for you.

I wish him all the best in the future, and hope he can get his career back on track.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:17 pm

at least he took it well and was cut on decent terms, which means he can always go back after a good run on the outside.

I must admit i was one of those who overrated him after seeing his sub of the night at UFC 98.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 pm

I thought Larson showed some potential, however you'd have expected him to win his last couple of fights. If he has lost his motivation then the release might work out well for him in the long term.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am