THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials !

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials ! Empty Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials !

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Velasquez has a decorated amateur wrestling career that included All-American honors twice for Arizona State and a junior college championship for Iowa Central Community College.

Lesnar was a four-time collegiate All-American, a two-time Big Ten champion and winner of the 2000 NCAA heavyweight championship (and placed second in 1999) wrestling for the University of Minnesota, where he amassed a 106–5 record in four years of college.

Lesnar: 4 time all American

Cain: Best Division 1 finishes were 4th and 5th

Lesnar: Best Division 1 finishes were 1st and 2nd

Cain: Lost 17 times in 3 yrs of Divsion 1 wrestling

Lesnar: Lost 5 times in 4 yrs of Divsion 1 wresling

Just thought i'd show people here who arent too familiar with both guys wrestling credentials their relative accomplishments achieved as amateur wrestlers.

Just bear in mind that they wrestled at different times so its as like any sport its difficult to compare their stats over different time frames.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials ! Empty Re: Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials !

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:14 pm

What year was Cain wrestling?

To me it looks like Brock is by far the more decorated wrestler.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials ! Empty Re: Brock vs Cain in wrestling credentials !

Post  the_king Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:49 pm

from meanies post id say lesnar is the better wrestler from them stats.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:09 am

Cain wreslted from 2004-2006 i think. Brock in the late 90's up to 2000.

Bellator champ Cole Konrad wrestled Cain multiple times and is 4-1 with him (according to Franklin McNeil on MMA live). And Konrad is ofcourse Brocks training partner. So that would give a boost to Brock's confidence in Wrestling with Cain.

I wonder if Brock really does toss Konrad around like sack of potatoes? Laughing All the videos from deathclutch training show Brock dominating Tuchscherer but never seen him spar with Konrad.

I think Konrad is going to be among the elite at HW division in a year or so. I think he should go to UFC next.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 am

the_king wrote:from meanies post id say lesnar is the better wrestler from them stats.

That just proved that stats mean nout Laughing
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Brock wasnt a 4 time all American, according to Jimmy Smith:
    ''Brock was NOT a four time all American at Minnesota. Was at a junior college his first 2 years. Hate mistakes like that...''

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm