THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+18
skidd1
Additional Generic
Anfields5thKing
Helm
Shanemc
Gibmeister
Burrso
Albion_Oakley
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
KalDog
Fedorable
sunthunder
redmeanie77
Moose Stuff For Money...
Paddyjock
rudeboyben84
pinsman
22 posters

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! - Page 3 Empty Re: 104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:41 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

And here is a guy who agrees with you

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/columns/120450

He must have been reading my posts. He's spot.

Machida won rounds 1-3. And the fight.

Statistics will now be thrown up to "prove" that Shogun dominated the fight. Statistics which include a large amount of strikes that merely glanced Machida as he got out of the way.

Karate beat Muay Thai. Art beat brute force.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! - Page 3 Empty Re: 104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:43 pm

And other than People's little tantrum at the end, he's right in what he says.

What TUF fight is it that you're talking about?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:10 pm

he obviously has been too long in boxing if he has never seen a fight end with leg kicks!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:15 pm

It's very rare that it happens, and those kicks of Shogun's weren't going to end any fights. They were good, they weren't of the same level of Hardonk, CroCop or even Brandon Vera.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! - Page 3 Empty Possible TUF spoiler

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Hope im not ruining anything for you but Matt Miltiniore vs Scott Junk. The second round was the worst ive seen in MMA, conditioning was non-existant. Either way Junk clearly won the round, Matt winning the first and somehow Peoples gave Matt the 20-18 win. Complete Bullshit.

Watching it without Rogan certainly helps Machida's case.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:06 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Hope im not ruining anything for you but Matt Miltiniore vs Scott Junk. The second round was the worst ive seen in MMA, conditioning was non-existant. Either way Junk clearly won the round, Matt winning the first and somehow Peoples gave Matt the 20-18 win. Complete Bullshit.

Agree with you about it being the worst round of MMA seen. I am always amazed at how badly these guys gas, even for HWs. Going off topic though, sorry.

I know that I'm in a minority, but, I certainly don't think that the decision (Machida/Rua) was as bad as has been made out. I've said before, that whilst my initial thoughts were, that Shogun done enough. At no point did Machida look in trouble, and, IMO, there were three rounds that could have been scored either way.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Anfield, you're not actually Cecil Peoples by any chance? Laughing

Comment by SBGaz

I think Shogun won the fight convincingly enough to 'beat the champion' and feel I was robbed also as I had an accumulator on at Paddy Power for Shogun , Velasquez, Rumble and Joe Daddy to win.

As uz can guess I was pretty gutted wi the decision.

Unlucky wee man.
    SBGaz
    SBGaz
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  SBGaz Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:12 pm

afro I'm not krunk wi ur statement
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 am

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Anfield, you're not actually Cecil Peoples by any chance? Laughing

dammit!
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:05 pm

This is an excellent thread.

I've just got round to watching 104 last night (a bit difficult getting a spare 3 hours at the moment!) and I've had a flick through some of the posts on this thread and I have to say fellas most of the comments here are so biased (and wrong) towards Shogun it's a joke. You lot must love Shogun almost as much as Joe Rogan. Don't get me wrong before this fight I thought Joe Rogan was the man, but after this....WHAT A FUCKING PRICK. At the end of the second round I found myself shouting at my PC "WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP." I'm not sure where Joe was sat for the fight, but he either didn't see any of the quality punches Machida landed on Shoguns chin or he chose to ignore them. Out of respect for one of my UFC hero's I will say he was sat in the wrong place and simply didn't see them - it was easier to see Shoguns kicks. But if you ever read this Joe (and I doubt you will!) you had better pick your act up! This was without doubt Joe Rogans worst performance, disgraceful. Goldberg wasn't far behind this time, but he was just doing his usual thing.

This fight was simple to score as far as I'm concerned. I watched the fight once and could see it. Machida won the first 3 rounds and that's it. It makes absolutely no difference what Shogun did in rounds 4 & 5 because he had already lost the fight. Shogun won the last 2 yeah but so what, Machida had already done enough in the first three to get the decision. Shogun needed a knock out and he wasn't up to it. Yes, those kicks were eye catching but not fight stopping or enough to stop Machida.

The guy who said Machida was a joke was way over the top and now the dust had settled I think he may have changed his mind.

Machida is still top of the pile for me.

The rematch will be a Machida stoppage and I think Machida was generous to give him a rematch. Shogun didn't do enough in the first 3 rounds for me. If you watch the fight you can see that almost every time it was Machida got off first. Sorry to bring Joe Rogan back in, but when you listen to him commentating, he nearly always says "nice counter." Yes, Shogun did the eye catching kicks but Machida landed far more strikes and landed them first.

So, I think it's time for you all to take Shoguns dick out of your mouths and take the fight for what it was, a clearcut Machida win!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 pm

you want to check the Compustrike stats. They say in BLack and White than Shogun outlanded Machida 4 out of the 5 rounds. Thats a fact no two ways about it. Rogans commentary was Bios but Goldberg cant be blamed he just usually agrees with whatever Rogan says!

Machida isnt generous for giving Shogun a shot, he doesnt call the shots with Regards to who gets a title shot. Seeing as most people though Shogun won including Dana White its obvious there should be a rematch straight away. After all who else would you rather get a shot?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 pm

The way i see it, Shogun definatly won rd 4 and 5. Machida definatly won rd 2.

Round 1 & 3 could have gone either way and unfortunatly for Shogun they went Machida's way.
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh come on!! Stats mean nothing!!

To bring football into it (sorry) just because a team has more possession, more shots, more shots on target etc. etc does not mean they win the game.

As I said, it's simple, Machida won the first 3 rounds and that's the end of it. Shogun would have needed two 10 8 rounds to win and he got nowhere near that.

Ignore the stats and watch the fight, I can completely understand why people at the venue (including Dana) would think Shogun won the fight, but he didn't and I honestly think when Dana watches the fight again in the cold of day he will realise that the judges got it right.

If I get chance to talk to Dana at 105 (either out and about before or during) I'm going to ask him exactly that. I reckon he'll say "yeah, Machida won it."

Those Shogun kicks were eye catching but that's pretty much all he did. I can only remember Shogun landing 2 punches in the whole fight! Talk about one dimensional! He didn't have the brains to beat Machida. Machida caught Shogun with some great punches FIRST (and Shogun countered - Machida aggression) but people seem to be totally ignoring that.

ANYWAY! I agree that 205 is looking a bit bare at the moment, but it's swings and roundabouts.

Shogun Machida 2 makes sense as there's not really another fight out there, at least until Rampage and Rashad get it on. Machida batters both of them anyway. Anderson Silva won't fight him - did anyone see Anderson at 104? He looked huge, way bigger than Machida!!

I think it's a case at the moment that you've got very dominant champions at each weight who it's difficult to see them getting beat. People thought GSP would struggle against Alves but he blew him away.

I'm not saying UFC is getting boring, but i can't remember the last fight I was like, "WOW! what a fight." Perhaps Nog Couture. Fighters are getting more and more similar and cancelling each other out. It also says a lot that Dana keeps wheeling out the old boys - Hughes, Couture, Griffin, Ortiz, Coleman. I think that says a lot about the quality of fighters out there, it's a bit rubbish at the moment, but I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

BRING BACK TANK ABBOTT lol!

I'm starting to enjoy WEC more now. I can't wait for Brown Aldo, that should be some fight (but didn't we say that about Machida Shogun and look what happened there!)

Last edited by KingFedor on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Duplication)
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 pm

ha ha thats the first time ive ever seen MMA compared to Football very funny indeed.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 pm

he is right, stats mean very little, and they dont tell the whole story by a long way.

stats dont show how much worse off Machida was after the fight than Shogun, they dont show how much harder Shoguns thai kicks were than Machidas karate efforts, and they dont show how much Shogun was forcing the pace of the fight and how much Machida was back pedalling.

and if counters didnt win points Machida would be like 7-8 right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:40 am