THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Nog to work on his biggest weakness

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog to work on his biggest weakness Empty Nog to work on his biggest weakness

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Big Nogs biggest weakness? His Physicality. Nog has always looked lumbering, Slow and lacking explosivnessness... His Boxing was technically good (apart from lack of head movement) and his BJJ was about as good as it gets at heavyweight.

In this Video it shows how he has been working on his Speed and explosivness...

I think some of the older generation of MMA fighters got by on not using modern training methods, YOu see some Standard training in Gyms, Hammers hitting tires, Elastic to that makes it harder to punch etc.. I dont know if old school fighters like Nog were so big into strength and conditioning training.

After hearing how behind the times Crocop was with his training I think Perhaps Nog was in the same Boat. Now he is working on his weakness I think there is a really good chance he can be a title contender.

Theres a part at about 2mins were he throws a straight at the Heavybag and the Speed and Snap on it is like nothing ive seen from Nog before. I really hope he gets back on track and gets a rematch with Mir.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nog to work on his biggest weakness Empty Re: Nog to work on his biggest weakness

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:32 am

thanks for this ben, Nog looks great and i think he will beat Cain.

He has always been a great fighter, its time for him to catch up on being a great athlete like all the top fighters today seem to be.

couldnt find any footage of crocop training for this fight, but he looks relaxed and confident in this preview....and young?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog to work on his biggest weakness Empty Re: Nog to work on his biggest weakness

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 am

Fucking right! Crocop was my 2nd favorite fighter from Pride, I lost a lot of love for him as a figher when he showed a lack of heard but Mirko seems more foucsed and confident. It would be nice to see what he is doing at Hoosts Gym, I worry that there is very little groundwork going on there... UFC 110 could end up being the best of worst UFC for ages, Its make or Breat for 2 of the most Legnedary fighers and 2 of my favorite fighters.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:09 am

you dont think its make or break for Nog?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 am

Shit no was talking about Wanderlei! Nog just beat Couture after all!! But in some ways Nog too, If he looses to Cain I think his days as a Title contender are over, It would be hard for him to work his way to the top if he cant deal with a Wrestler like Cain. Carwin and Lesnar would be in his way. If Nog looses and Crocop wins I could see them being Matched up...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:50 am

If Nog loses to Cain then he becomes a gatekeeper to the belt. Beat Nog from here on out and you'll get a number 1 contenders match for a shot at the belt.

If Wandi loses he'll have to retire.

Same for Mirko. Mirko looks and sounds as confident as i've heard him in a long time! I think Rothwell could be in trouble. There are rumours going around that Mirko was having many personal problems when he fought JDS. You'll all remember him talking about comtemplating suicide that night after the fight. He seems to be over them now. Batter Big Ben and he'll go after JDS and give him the beating he should have got first time around. Kongo and Gonzaga will be on the list too!

Rothwell even knows that he's a talentless cunt:

"He's obviously very worried about........................MY WEIGHT".

His weight! That is what he sees as his biggest weapon!! Not his striking, not his ground and pound, not anything. Simply his weight! Someone call Emmanuel Yarborough and tell him it's time for a comeback!

"I'm gonna go in and do my thing, my thing is.................WHATEVER HAPPENS"

So you don't actually have a thing then? No area of strength!? Just an allround shit fighter! Maybe he's scared of your bandanna you fuckwit! Oh, no i forgot, he's scared of your weight!

You can really just imagine Mirko having nightmares about a load of bellies chasing him down a dark alley!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:56 am

I know I laughed at that too, Weight? Fuck me is that all he offers! lol! He is so underconfident... he couldnt even look the camera... in the eye so to speak! I reckon once he realises he is in the Cage with Mirko he will have 2nd thoughs about being an MMA figher!

I like the Idea of Mirko going after Kongo, JDS and Gonzaga they are all fights he could and should avenge... I think even if he could get the looser of JDS vs Gonzaga in a rematch it would be a start. Kongo fight Buentello next... So maby he can fight him. After such Lachluster performances I dont know if UFC will be mad keen on a rematch with any of them.

Whatever happens if Mirko wins I hope he stays active and fights often.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 am

I think the UFC should really look doing a couple of ringed events. Even an 8 sided ring so they could still have the Octagon catchphrase from Goldie and wouldn't need to change his data chip.

TNA had a 6 sided ring and it was really cool until Hogan decided he didn't like it and made them change. An 8 sided ring might be really cool and would give Mirko the confidence he needs.
    edenpires
    edenpires
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  edenpires Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 am

Hi Gents....not been on here for months. 606 is fucking dead.Why does nobody post on there during the day?Does anybody get offended by swearing on here???

Anyway, to the important stuff. I cant see how Cane can beat Nog. Cane is an excellent up and comer but i think Nog is on a completely different level. Hopefully Nog batters him then looks for a rematch with Mir.

Not sure bout Bisping/Wandi....Can see Bisping pitter pattering for 3 rounds to a UD or Wandi literally smashing him half to death inside 1 minute.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:I think the UFC should really look doing a couple of ringed events. Even an 8 sided ring so they could still have the Octagon catchphrase from Goldie and wouldn't need to change his data chip.

TNA had a 6 sided ring and it was really cool until Hogan decided he didn't like it and made them change. An 8 sided ring might be really cool and would give Mirko the confidence he needs.

The TNA ring was pretty cool.

I think that would work well in MMA as well. Of course, we all know the way forward is Ben's beloved White Cage!! Smile

If Bisping, Cain, and Rothwell win, it truly will be the death of Pride. Sad times Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:52 am