THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+18
skidd1
Additional Generic
Anfields5thKing
Helm
Shanemc
Gibmeister
Burrso
Albion_Oakley
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
KalDog
Fedorable
sunthunder
redmeanie77
Moose Stuff For Money...
Paddyjock
rudeboyben84
pinsman
22 posters

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! Empty 104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 am

Sorry but just watched the LHW title fight as I fell asleep last night. I can't explain how Fucked off I am about the result, one of the main reasons is how much Shogan was written off, he came out and made Machida look poor! He deserved the victory and it was there for everyone to see, fuck a rematch the damage is done now! Never see such a prejudged fight in MMA in all my watching days..... has the UFC made a massive mistake? I would say so, but o yea I forgot Machida is one of the P4P favourates along with Anderson Silva so can't do no wrong. I really feel for Shogan he guy was awesome!!!

GUTTED!!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! Empty Re: 104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:40 am

Shogun won 49-46 or 50-45 possibly. He Won nearly every round, Infact to give him less than 3 rounds ment that you werent watching the fight.

I hate to say I told you all so about the Machida Eara and the Holes in his game but we clearly say them Exposed. Karate is Crap for defending Leg and Body Kicks, Shogun knew this and completley picked Machida apart by exploiting this. Chesty showed Machida deing tagged on the break fron the clintch and again Shogun exploited this ,landing a couple of nice shots on the break. Also I say Shogun had high hands and Tighter defence and he showed this by taking less strikes during the fight, MAchida came away with a split lip, Limping with a half red torso...

Fuck UFC judges, Im really pissed off, Shogun played the game he needed to he used the extra athleticness and speed that I said he has and beat Machida nearly every round if not every round. What the Fuck were the Judges watching. IMO Shogun is now the best Lhw in the world and id be shocked if anyone saw it any other way.

He has Stronger as he showed by landing the harder shots.
    He is Quicker which he showed by beating Machida to Strikes and being the one to land counters
    and lastly like I said Muay Thai > Karate... Karate isnt used as a main style and isnt taught as a base for MMA generally due tho the lack of Defence for Low kicks, and lack of power gencerate by the lack of hip movement. Im Glad most people recognised Shogun won, Including Dana White.

I think like Shogun should go down the route of appealing the decision.

How did everyone else score it?

Anyone got Compustrike stats?

Anyone pissed of at Machida for his lack of Humbleness in being so convinced he won? Shogun was a class act in "Defeat" Mahcida came across as a Dick, Claiming he won when thousands of fans clearly disagreed
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 am

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

found this somewhere, the numbers do the talking, not sure how accurate these are but they look good too me....
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:59 am

Rudeboy..... I completely agree with you mate was a shocking decision the worst i've ever seen! That link i've put up has all the stat on punch, kick, grapple completion and seems to be good and also gives the win to Shogun. I was genuinly shocked and gutted that shogun lost, he must feels cheated this morning I really feel for the guy. As for Machida he's a joke and his true colours have shone through....

Just another little thought though watching that fight, Anderson Silva, as much as a pains me to say, would destroy Machida!!
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! Fight-metric
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 am

I only had Machida winning one round, think it was the third one but I felt it was also the tightest. When it went to the decision I had a feeling that Machida was going to get it though. It was good to see the crowd make their feelings known. Shogun looked truely gutted afterwards, shame Shogun vs Anderson Silva would have made a great title fight.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:26 am

Oh thats decsion is bullshit, there is no way Machida won that fight, Shogun did more damage, was more aggressive, had Machida pressed up against cage a number of times (Isnt that octagon control or whatever horseshit those crooks sell us), and clearly won 3 rounds other 2 could have gone either way.

Im gutted.

This is 10 times worse that Ricco Rodriguez - Nog.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:28 am

This was absolutely gutting. Shogun fought the perfect fight, did what no one really thought he could do, then gets screwed over. Last night should have been the night of his career.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:32 am

There is no doubt that it was a shocking decision and Shogun should now be the 205 Champ. But you can't seriously think that the UFC fixed the fight?? I don't see any advantage for the UFC to fix it so that Machida wins. Shogun is just as popular if not more so and would make a worthy LHW Champ. Think of the fights that you could have with Shogun as the Champ!!

The CSAC judges scored the fight wrong - there is nothing Dana White of the UFC can do about that. In the same way Mazzagatti stopped Ben Rothwell at the wrong point in the fight - there is nothing Dana or the UFC can do about that either.

When you leave it up to the judges these things happen - unfortunately it is part of the sport. Until a more concise scoring system is implemented things like this will always happen unfortunately.

Pinsman - Machida should have lost the decision but I don't think you can refer to him as a joke!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:40 am

When they said 48-47,I thought:wow,they were really generous to Machida for giving him two rounds..

Then Bruce buffer cries out Lyoto without saying "and still LHW champion" , and im thinking to myself what happened.

Any lip readers here know what Dana said to Shogun, i assume its either "you won that fight" or "you got a rematch".
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:43 am

Fuck the numbers dont really lie, 1 round to Machida sounds fair, I dont know how the Judges gave him and extra 2 rounds, Is it posted anywere which rounds they gave him? 2, 3 and 5? shite decision though. You hear a lot of Boxers appealing Decisions. McDermot did it with Fury, Holyfield did it with Valuev... Rumble Johnson did it in MMA about an eyepoke, BJ did it about greasing and recently Beebe (Or something like that) appealed and had a decision overturned.

I think UFC will be against Shogun appealing the decision. I dont think they ever like to admit when a bad decision was made but I think Judges need a kick up the arses. During any fight you judge you need to score it as a judge and not a fan. They need to not look it like fans they need to think about what has been thrown and what has been landed during a fight. Perhaps some sort of tick sheet should be compulsary (red pen for red corner blue for blue in each hand) When a strike lands they tick it. I know its not full proof but after such a shite decision they need to think of something
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 am

Machida and Shogun agree to fight again. According to Dana twitter

http://twitter.com/danawhiteufc
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Im sorry Paddyjock but Machida defending his LHW belt came foward to shogun with real aggression prob twice in the whole fight, he's going to be a very boring champion. And the result and Machida were a joke in my opinion. Shogun was cheated out of his belt and i agree with rudeboy... he should appeal for sure!!! The whole thing is going to be looked at as a complete cock up. Dana needs to sort out some new judges me thinks.

At least one thing was pointed out, Machida isn't as untouchable as first thought and I think if there is a rematch he will be very nervous fighting Shogun again, as towards the end if the fight Shogun was coming forward and landing well.

SHOGUN FOR CHAMP!!!
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:12 pm

So you are completely ignoring Machida's demolishion of Evans, Silva, Tito etc and calling him a joke??

Jesus wept - you should be writing for the Daily Mail and ignoring all the facts and taking a completely sensationalist view on what just happened!!
    Fedorable
    Fedorable
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Fedorable Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Just watched the fight, I thought it was generous to give Machida 2 rounds in a 48-47 fight, but to hear him annouced winner. Wow, Shogun definatley can feel hard done by.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm disgusted at the result to, and it's a travesty as I had Rua wining all but one round.
    But all this "appeal" balls needs to be stopped, an appeal will get swept under the carpet, make no difference to the outcome of the original decision and will tarnish Shoguns reputation.
    Mauricio is a warrior, yeah he was robbed but he won't be in the rematch!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:01 pm

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
    Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
    BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
    USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
    ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
    MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
    CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
    MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
    MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
    MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
    5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
    Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
    ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
    Sherdog:
    Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
    Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
    Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

Judges Cards:

Nelson Hamilton (Rds 1,2,3,4,5): Shogun, Machida, Machida, Machida, Shogun.

Cecil Peoples: Machida, Machida, Machida, Shogun, Shogun

Marcos Rosales: Machida, Machida, Machida, Shogun, Shogun

(how on earth can anyone justify givinf round 4 to Machida)
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Paddyjock... sorry dude maybe did take it abit far in earlier posts, but I just can get over the result. To me aswell if Machida wasn't winning with his defensive fighting he needed to make more of an effort to take the fight to Rua it was just strange, i've watched it again now still can't get over the result it's just insane...
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Absolutely rediculas decision,Shogun may not have the belt at the moment but in the eyes of the fans he is the UFC LHW champ.

I personally scored it,4-1 Shogun

I gave Machida a close first which could of gone either way,then I thought Shogun won the next three rounds easily,the last round again could of gone either way but I gave it Shogun as he had the momentum going into a round where I thought Machida needed to finish him to get the win but he still didn't push the pace.

I thought the Froch fight the other week was a bad decision but last night was just stupid.
    A really sad ending to what was a good night of fights.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:44 pm

12 hours later, and i am still in absolute shock.

That is without a doubt the worst decision i have ever seen in MMA, Shogun performed far better than i had expected, and i thought he won it 49-46 easily, i was saying to the tv in the last round "all you need to do is hang on" and he did and the fight was over, i was already celebrating, i was so happy for the new champ, and then the decisiion was announced and it was very surreal, i was 100% sure of the result, i said "what the fuck?!?" out loud.

it made me sick, SICK!

just about everyone watching bar the 3 judges gave it to Shogun, i thought Machida was going to win, but Shogun showed he is a better fighter clearly.
    Anyone for Shogun #1 LHW?
    the unofficial champion.

p.s. and the worst thing is, he could very well do worse in a rematch, Machida could have worked out his style after 25 minutes of fighting!

p.s.2. sorry i couldnt be on here earlier, i have been in sheffield all day.

p.s.3. what happened to this site?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:00 pm

I felt the same Chesty,I had butterflys waiting for this fight and to be fair the fight was good but when the decision was announced I felt sick to my stomach and I was behind Machida from the start.

If Shogun does lose the rematch and Shogun never gets his hands on the belt then I would say that would make this the biggest robbery in MMA history.

And as for this site today it's fucking annoying,I can't read the end of people sentances because of those stupid upgrade to pro today boxes.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:15 pm

i was talking about the weight divisions, winning streaks and little swords under our names, but yes, the photobucket things are really annoying, but i am sure computer whiz paddyjock will sort it out. Very Happy
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:35 pm

I have only just seen the fight and like the 2 people I watched it with gave it to shogun 49-46. I don't think it was a fix though, just an absolute travesty
    Burrso
    Burrso
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Burrso Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 am

Just watched it now as I fell asleep just after hardonk fight.Was drunk as a skunk.
    WOW-Robbed.com affraid
    Gibmeister
    Gibmeister
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!! Empty 104: BIGGEST FIX IN UFC HISTORY!!

Post  Gibmeister Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 am

They will rematch and it will be soon. I would be it a dishonour of Machida's camp to not have the rematch before UFC 110. Result aside, did anyone else think it wouldn't actually go to the judges score card?

Another thing, how upset was Shogun at the end after his corner was telling him, you wont his round too? He gave his trainer a dirty look after the decision was read out....ouch.

Still, you cant blame any of this on Machida. Its just the poor judging....Now Dana should again question how they calculate scores.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:59 am