THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
Anfields5thKing
wilksdaman
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
11 posters

UFC 125 Review

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 125 Review - Page 3 Empty Re: UFC 125 Review

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:McKee spends 7 years dryhumping bums and then gets one fight in the UFC and fails to beat an average fighter. Ah well.

Feel bad for Davis. I like him as a person and as a fighter, he's had a rough time in a lot of fights and been really unlucky in a lot of fights. He beat Hardy and got screwed, he was winning both of his last two fights when he got finished. His only other losses in the last 5 years are to Swick and Saunders. Don't think he's ever been in a boring fight either.

Really hope he keeps fighting. I'm hoping to go train at his gym at some point this year.

I disagree that he beat Hardy but it was a close fight and a split decision so theres gonna be debate about that.

But you seriously think he was beating Nate?

I do agree though, he's never been in a dull fight and he just comes to put on a show everysingle time. Ever since the Hardy loss he's just look broken though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 pm

He owned Nate in the first round. Could have even been a 10-8 with the knockdown(well,i scored it 10-8 anyway). Then Nate won the second 10-9 so I had it 19-18 in the last round.

I've watched the Hardy fight over and over and I don't even think it was all that close. Davis was in control for 11 minutes of that fight and Hardy landed nothing except a couple of nasty elbows which did some damage but Davis has always been known to bust up easily.

I hope he takes 6 months off and then fights Noons. That'd be a glorified boxing match between 2 of the 5 best boxers in MMA and I think it would be a lot of fun.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:25 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:He owned Nate in the first round. Could have even been a 10-8 with the knockdown(well,i scored it 10-8 anyway). Then Nate won the second 10-9 so I had it 19-18 in the last round.

I've watched the Hardy fight over and over and I don't even think it was all that close. Davis was in control for 11 minutes of that fight and Hardy landed nothing except a couple of nasty elbows which did some damage but Davis has always been known to bust up easily.

I hope he takes 6 months off and then fights Noons. That'd be a glorified boxing match between 2 of the 5 best boxers in MMA and I think it would be a lot of fun.

you miss the part where hardy dropped him with a knee?

anyways Davis has always been in exciting fights, but i never liked him, I just remember him trashing Fedor once Razz lol
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:46 am

Meh, pushed him over and fell on him.

You'll post up pictures of how they looked after the fight, those pictures can be easily discredited but looking at pictures of Davis after round 1 against Diaz. Davis cuts and swells easily, he beat Hardy up that night and got screwed. Worst thing that ever happened to Hardy. He began to get ideas above his station, then the UFC decided he was a lot better than he actually is and he's had a 25 minute humpfest and a sore jaw to show for it and nothing else.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:05 am

That'd be a glorified boxing match between 2 of the 5 best boxers in MMA and I think it would be a lot of fun.

I don't think Davis can be in that category anymore, his boxing looked shit against Diaz. I don't think he's ever been that great a boxer.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 am

His boxing looked shit against Diaz?? When he was battering him and knocking him down???

Davis is an excellent boxer. He was a good pro boxer who fought way above his natural weightclass(fought at LHW and CW-185 and 200lbs) and had a record of 17-1-2. Easily one of the top 5 pure boxers in MMA.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm

He got the shit kicked out of him. His eye was a mess. Diaz is a decent boxer but not great. I remember several people talking about how shit his boxing was in that fight.

Fedor, Sergei, Arvloski, BJ, Nick Diaz, Noons are the one's I think of when you think of the best boxers in MMA.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:40 am

Noons is the only of that group in Davis' calibre.

Sergei and Arlovski are kickboxers, not boxers. And no it's not the same.

Nick Diaz has improved greatly but Noons outboxed him and Davis is as good if not better than Noons.

Fedor? Better boxer?? Please.

Davis destroyed him in the first round, 10-8 round. His eye was a mess because he got caught with a big shot. He swells and cuts badly which is the main reason he didn't continue in boxing.

Who are these people who claimed his boxing was shit?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:33 am

gutted for davies iv always enjoyed watching him.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:48 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Noons is the only of that group in Davis' calibre.

Nick Diaz has improved greatly but Noons outboxed him and Davis is as good if not better than Noons.

Davis destroyed him in the first round, 10-8 round. His eye was a mess because he got caught with a big shot. He swells and cuts badly which is the main reason he didn't continue in boxing.

Who are these people who claimed his boxing was shit?

Wow you defend a lot of things but Davis boxing in that fight? Seriously!? His boxing was TERRIBLE in that fight, he was just winging punches all night!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 am

Noons is the only of that group in Davis' calibre.

Who are these people who claimed his boxing was shit

Ye I know it's not the same but Sergei and Arvloski are better boxers and kick boxers. Sergei has competed in boxing before and I heard somewhere he had a chance of making the olympics but he refused.

Diaz won the second fight against Noons and 95% of it was standing. He outboxed Noons for certain stages and Noons is the best boxer in MMA. Getting out boxed by Noons is nothing to be ashamed of.

10-8 is far too excessive. His eye was a complete mess and Diaz doesn't even hit too hard.

Every forum or MMA website I saw, there were a couple of people asking how was Davis a former boxer with terrible boxing like that.

Guillard also battered him standing when they fought.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:42 am

Guillard did no such thing. He used his kicks to beat him standing, and ran a lot.

Oh "every website" had "a couple of" retards. Good stuff. Great way to back up your argument.

His eye was not a mess, it was swollen with a small cut, he swells and cuts ridiculously easy.

Diaz won the fight because he threw so many punches. Noons still outboxed him. Davis is as good a boxer as Noons.

Neither Sergei nor Andrei are close to being as good at boxing. Sergei was offered the chance to compete for Tajikistan in the Olympics. That's not very impressive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 am