THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
kavik2
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
the_king
payneNglory1
10 posters

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain????

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain????

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 pm

So he wasn't top 3 when he fought Lesnar then?

Nog was sick when he fought Mir, no way Mir moved into the top 3 on the back of that.. And Barnett was number 3 at the time. Lesnar beat Couture who was the reigning champion before Mir beat Nog for the plastic belt.

When Big Foot was EliteXC Champion he was widely ranked in the top 10.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain????

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm

I would have had Barnett at no.2, Mir would have been top 3 as Nog illness was only known when he was fighting Randy. So that excuse wouldnt have made a difference.

Carwin was no.3 universally the week before the fight, when Werdum won, some rankings did not put Werdum as no.2 so some still had Carwin at 3.

I dont remember Big foot at top 10, but it doesnt matter anyway as i dont think much of MMA rankings in general, but i dont know how i keep getting myself into "who was ranked at what 2 or 3 years ago" scratch Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Bigfoot was 13-1 going into the Werdum fight with wins over Big Jim York (13-1), Kiss Nakao (9-2 now), Ricco Rodriguez (UFC Hw champ), Justin Eilers (19-7-1), Tom Erikson Jonathan Wiezorek (11-1), Tengiz Tedoradze (14-3)

Bigfoot had been beating down some good fighters and had 1 loss going into a fight with Werdum. Overeem and Lesnar got the nod in rankings often based on what people saw in them, Carwin was ranked after a single big win and so was Cain or Brett Rogers.

Bigfoot was a Champ in then a big MMA organisation and had been taking on tough fighters and usually putting them away in a round. Think your really under rating him to be fair mate.

Also he pretty much threw the Werdum fight away. Youd be crazy not to think he is a great win, Id back him to put a beating on Mir or Nog, Theres higher ranked guys in UFC he would beat IMO.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:06 am

I like Bigfoot, i remember joking with you about the fact that he did a "Gonzaga" in the Werdum fight and really should have won that.

Before he came to SF, he was always a guy to watch out for, but was never a guy i saw on top 10 of mma rankings.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 am

its irrelevant.

even with the Fedor win alone it would be better than Brock's streak.
    Werdum beating Fedor is by far the biggest victory anyone has ever had in MMA.
    Fedor is undisputedly the best ever, and was actually at the peak in his rating, it could not get any higher for him.
    Werdum finished him in 69 seconds, and it cannot be put down to lucky punch, he outsmarted and outskilled him.

much better than beating Randy already KOd 6 times, Mir already KOd 4 times, Herring already beaten 14 times, and sapp 2.0
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 am

redmeanie77 wrote:I like Bigfoot, i remember joking with you about the fact that he did a "Gonzaga" in the Werdum fight and really should have won that.

Before he came to SF, he was always a guy to watch out for, but was never a guy i saw on top 10 of mma rankings.

Yeah mate I remember that! Laughing Id agree top 10 doesnt seem right, but top 15 sounds right to me. Bigfoot is a straight up badass, he schooled arlovski on the feet and threw away a win over Werdum. I think he is hard done by ending up fighting V.Overeem when Sergei and Barnett were also signed.

Chesty Im putting Werdum top I reckon, your right he has hardly been given credit for beating Fedor. I put him number 1 before Brock beat Carwin and I think he diserves to go back on top if Lesnar looses.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 am

He should be number 1 anyway. Lesnar shouldn't be any higher than 3rd.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 am

I'm fairly certain Silva was ranked 10th when he was EliteXC champ, but to be fair, the division didn't have Carwin, Lesnar, Cain or JDS back then.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 am

Its a tough call...

on 6 fights alone

Fedor > Mir

Gonzaga < Carwin

Couture < Vera

Bigfoot > Herring

Mike Kyle > Min-Soo Kim

And

A loss to JDS > A loss to Mir

fair point, Ive disagreed with 99% of what you said tonight Laughing but yeah your spot on here mate, I honestly think ive bough into UFC Hype and the general MMA websites opinion in thinking Lesnar is best.

Lesnar has 0 previous career

Werdum went 10-3-1 in his previous career which is a good record when you consider he was in with, Arlovski, Aleks, Overeem, Sergei, Nog, Gonzaga.

Yep fair play, Werdum does diserve top spot. Better recent wins, a more forgivable loss and a great previous career. How the fuck did I end up putting Lesnar top after that Carwin performance? scratch
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Its a tough call...

on 6 fights alone

Fedor > Mir

Gonzaga < Carwin

Couture < Vera

Bigfoot > Herring

Mike Kyle > Min-Soo Kim

And

A loss to JDS > A loss to Mir

fair point, Ive disagreed with 99% of what you said tonight Laughing but yeah your spot on here mate, I honestly think ive bough into UFC Hype and the general MMA websites opinion in thinking Lesnar is best.

Lesnar has 0 previous career

Werdum went 10-3-1 in his previous career which is a good record when you consider he was in with, Arlovski, Aleks, Overeem, Sergei, Nog, Gonzaga.

Yep fair play, Werdum does diserve top spot. Better recent wins, a more forgivable loss and a great previous career. How the fuck did I end up putting Lesnar top after that Carwin performance? scratch

Vera???

Also, how is Werdums lost more forgiveable? Considering Lesnar lost in his second ever pro MMA fight against a rejuvenated former champ, in which he absolutely battered him and got beat in the area of the game that was Mir's strength?

I understand not wanting to get caught up in the hype, but you have to give credit where its due.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:11 am

Axe Couture and Carwin were bigger wins than Vera and Gonzaga

3-2 Werdum on the wins then? Surely we all agree on that?

Lesnar was green, Werdum wasnt ready for his fight, both have excuses both got caught, JDS is better than Mir though so thats why I think Its a more forgivable loss.

We all rank the fighters Werdum beat higher? We all rank the guy who beat Werdum higher?

I dont get how I ended up putting Lesnar top.... if you look at it in bacl and white is seems Werdum should be top.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Axe Couture and Carwin were bigger wins than Vera and Gonzaga

3-2 Werdum on the wins then? Surely we all agree on that?

Lesnar was green, Werdum wasnt ready for his fight, both have excuses both got caught, JDS is better than Mir though so thats why I think Its a more forgivable loss.

We all rank the fighters Werdum beat higher? We all rank the guy who beat Werdum higher?

I dont get how I ended up putting Lesnar top.... if you look at it in bacl and white is seems Werdum should be top.

You know what, i really should cut these early nights out. I thought you meant someone else when you put Vera, i completely forgot Vai Cavalo fought him.. even though it was at the fucking event i went to Laughing

Lesnar was green (not his fault), Werdum was ill-prepared (his own fault).

Lesnar has had six fights and has beaten everyone put in front of him, thats quite a feat considering who hes fought.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 am

It was a forgettable fight!

Here think we missed the press confrence...

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain???? - Page 3 T01b1t
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:38 am

I'm loving the beard Smile He looks quite a bit bigger than Cain there!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:40 am

I saw the press conference, there wasnt much trash talk between any fighters. Most questions directed towards Brock and Tito as you would expect. Cain got asked alot of questions in spanish though.

Funny moment between Brock and Shield, when Shields got asked if he will talk to Brock about being a vegetarian...... Laughing

You get the feeling that UFC 121 is being recognised as a showcase event, ala UFC 100.

PS- Brock said he is keeping the beard for winter.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 am

Maybe he wants some extra protection from Cains punches? Not that he'll need it...
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:46 am

Meanie here's an av for ya!

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain???? - Page 3 31373_10
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 am

when i was scrolling down saw machida with what looked like his eye was hanging out i nearly shit my self.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:49 am

It would be less horrifying if it was an eye hanging out, and not Rashad's face! Laughing
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:54 am

there would e a hell of a problem if rashad was hanging from machida's eye. maybe machida ate uranium and grew to 70ft or something.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 am

You do know that the face beneath Machida's eye in that pic is Rashad don't you?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Maybe he wants some extra protection from Cains punches? Not that he'll need it...

Exactly. It's probably more for cushion in case he runs into the cage whilst sprinting away from Cain.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am

yup, but like i say the first time i saw it from the corner of my eye i thought it was a injury or something.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 am

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain???? - Page 3 Rashad10

Brock becomes the Greatest UFC HW Champ ever if he beats Cain???? - Page 3 2uzuf410

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Fuck me, thats hilarious Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:51 am