THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Football discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm

I think Mike Newell was the other mate. Laughing
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Nemanja out for the season, United will struggle for top 4 now I think.

What do you all make of the decision to reduce Rooneys ban?

And bearing in mind the Suarez debate about how he was a dirty player, Anfield what do you think of him being found guilty of sticking his middle finger up at Fulham fans as racially abusing Evra?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

They will make top 4 but I think that's them out of the title race now. I expect them to finish 4th now, hopefully we can keep this run we are on for a while longer. Worst thing for Utd is they can't even buy anyone. They really need a midfielder who has some kind of creativity. It's looking quite bad now. They aren't scoring enough goals, there midfield is possibly the weakest of any in the top 7, there defense wasn't great without one of the top 3 CBs in the world and now he's gone. Not sure if the stat is still true but De Gea has had to make more saves than any other keeper and while I think he's a good keeper he is really quite gaffe prone. Again weaker than any other top 7 keeper. A lot of Manutds season is going to rely on Hernandez now and I really think SAF has to start getting Berbatov involved again. A lot of problems for Utd right now.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:29 pm

http://twitter.com/RealParkJiSung

Hilarious fake twitter account.

"Just realised I've never seen Fabio & Raphael in the same room together, I'm almost certain that one cheeky Brazilian is claiming two wages"
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm

8 match ban and 40k fine for Suarez
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Looks like there is a huge appeal coming from Liverpool FC, based on the statment below it looks like the FA and well and truely up Man U's arse...................

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Normally I'm not the biggest Suarez fan but it sounds like he has been hard done by. Now I'm not that familiar with Uruguayan culture but this really does sound like the comments were lost in translation. From everything I've heard, the comments Suarez made were the equvilant of calling someone "blondie". He also has a black grandfather and team mates so I don't think he is the racist type. Here's an interesting article on the situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16262537.stm

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:15 pm

I think that the main issue here, is that there was no solid evidence, just the word of another player (who himself stated that Suarez was NOT a racist). It's dangerous territory, if that FA use players testimony only. If the FA are to be consistent then Terry must be looking at at least 10games surely?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:02 pm

I think this has all been made worse because of what Blatter said. Everyone's paying for his stupidity.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:06 pm

I think that the FA are right to try and stamp out racism in the game, and TBH, since the bad days of the 80s, they've done a relatively decent job (Although I think the whole E culture had as much to do with this), I just think that they need evidence before acting like this.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I think that the main issue here, is that there was no solid evidence, just the word of another player (who himself stated that Suarez was NOT a racist). It's dangerous territory, if that FA use players testimony only. If the FA are to be consistent then Terry must be looking at at least 10games surely?

didn't suarez admit calling him "negrito"?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I think that the main issue here, is that there was no solid evidence, just the word of another player (who himself stated that Suarez was NOT a racist). It's dangerous territory, if that FA use players testimony only. If the FA are to be consistent then Terry must be looking at at least 10games surely?

As far as I'm aware, the FA used only the testimony of Evra, I may be wrong, and if so, they've come to the right decision. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not defending Suarez, simply stating that there should have been more evidence used before banning a player. In this case, the outcome may have been correct, I just question the way that they've come to that decision.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:

I'm not sure if he admitted it but in Uruguay it is a term of endearment. It's basically like us calling someone little man.

Evra has admitted verbally abusing Suarez but nothing has been done about that, Suarez even said he didn't here it............shows who the bigger man is!!!!!

With Evra its like the boy who cried wolf, he's made accusations before, remember the supposed racial abuse he received from the groundsman at Stamford Bridge. That was his word against the groundsmans aswell. Even Evra's team mates haven't backed him on this one!!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:57 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    I'm not sure if he admitted it but in Uruguay it is a term of endearment. It's basically like us calling someone little man.
    he isnt in uruguay though, and its not the uruguayan FA.

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    Evra has admitted verbally abusing Suarez but nothing has been done about that, Suarez even said he didn't here it............shows who the bigger man is!!!!!

huh...
    that doesnt show anything at all, if anything the "bigger man" should be the one admitting doing something wrong.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

Are we not famed in this country for allowing other cultures and traditions to prosper? Or does everyone who lives here have to adopt the british way of life?
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

huh...
    that doesnt show anything at all, if anything the "bigger man" should be the one admitting doing something wrong.

That's because he hasn't done anything wrong - he called someone a name - whoop de fucking doo!!! Evra is a crybaby fuckwit - anytime someone insults him, he plays the race card. He cried racism when Senegalese supporters had a go at him for playing for France for Christs sake. One report I read said that when Evra insulted Suarez there was also a reference to his (Suarez's) heritage so he is probably also a hypocrite.

It is just bullshit, all of it. Over reaction by an overly PC establishment because some black guy got upset by an insult.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Tonight's AZ v Ajax match

Fan runs on the park and slaps the AZ keeper, AZ keeper boots him a few times, guy gets lifted, ref sends AZ keeper off, AZ manager takes whole team off...

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Ginginho wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

huh...

That's because he hasn't done anything wrong - he called someone a name - whoop de fucking doo!!! Evra is a crybaby fuckwit - anytime someone insults him, he plays the race card. He cried racism when Senegalese supporters had a go at him for playing for France for Christs sake. One report I read said that when Evra insulted Suarez there was also a reference to his (Suarez's) heritage so he is probably also a hypocrite.

It is just bullshit, all of it. Over reaction by an overly PC establishment because some black guy got upset by an insult.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:24 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

True, but the conversation was initiated by Evra, IN SPANISH. If Evra wants to insult Suarez in Spanish and then get upset when a word, which is not derogatory in any Spanish speaking country, is used to tell him to calm down, it shows that the man is nothing more than the cunt we all knew him to be before hand.

You only need to look at the pictures to see that Evra was clearly the aggressor and was trying to provoke Suarez who was trying to calm the situation. When he failed to do that, he claimed he'd been called "ni**er" ten times during the game. A bizarre claim which nobody else backed up. Not the players and not the officials.

Odds on Evra being "injured" when United come to Anfield next season? Pretty good I'd imagine.

FA have covered themselves in glory again. Rooney assaults a player while on England duty and gets a 3 match ban. The FA were up in arms and launching an appeal immediately. Suarez says something with no bad intentions and he gets 8 games. Geniuses at work.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 am

^^^the video is blocked, sounds crazy though.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Forest actually scored,not one,not two,but bloodyThree of them.

UUUUUUUUUUURRREEEEEDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:47 pm

God as a Wolves fan I'm sick of getting screwed over by biased "referees" Get shafted at home to Newcastle with a obvious penalty and Doyle's goal disallowed, Stoke Woodgate should have been sent off for an obvious 2nd booking Pulis wisely gives him the hook, At Arsenal Song gets away with 2 hacks in to Wolves players gets booked and Wengner wisely pulls him off.......then Nenad gets sent off for winning the ball then we astonishingly get rejected in our appeal......And yesterday Lampard scores the winner even after he admits he should be sent off for an over the ball tackle, Nice to see the ref bottled It I'm sure being on Chelseas Christmas card list means so much....Rant over !. Mad Mad Mad

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 pm

lol!

We're a fucking joke

It's so sad being a forest fan at the moment,you have no choice but to laugh.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:37 pm