THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+18
Moose Stuff For Money...
kavik2
Dogbomb
Paddyjock
ChelseaQuinsfan
wilksdaman
Ronwah
Once Mohawked Pete
GSPfan11
Sly Uses
rorymc7
Additional Generic
Raiden
payneNglory1
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
poz
The_Axe_Emperor
22 posters

UFC 116 Review

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 116 Review - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 116 Review

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Rosenthal on the fight...

He took some hard shots when they were against the fence. He was looking for a way out. He was blocking some punches. At one point he tried to spin to push Shane away and took a couple shots. And then again, went for a deep half guard position and took a couple more shots. When he curled up after that is when I commanded him to fight back, which at that point he did, and then he went for feet on the hips to push Carwin away and was able to get to his knees. He pretty much ran with it. He heard -- he responded to my commands.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Seems like a fair enough opinion. I don't think the fight should've been stopped, sure, it was close, but i think Rosenthal made the right decision. He's one of the best refs in the game IMO.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Chris lytle gets his ufc 116 bonus

Chris “Lights Out” Lytle was confident that his UFC 116 straight armbar/triangle choke submission win over Matt Brown would take home the $75,000 Submission of the Night award. The honors instead went to Brock Lesnar for his arm triangle choke victory over Shane Carwin in the main event. Lesnar retained his UFC heavyweight title with the first submission of his career other than a tapout due to strikes in his first fight.

Lytle is used to receiving bonus checks. He has cashed seven of them in his last 10 fights. The 35-year-old has won Submission of the Night twice before, Fight of the Night honors on four occasions, and has been awarded Knockout of the Night once.

Following the event on July 3, UFC president Dana White said, “We’re writing some (expletive) checks tonight. We’re writing checks, more than what you heard here tonight. Guys are going to get well taken care of.”

White wasn’t just saying it to say it. While Lytle didn’t get the Submission of the Night award he wanted, he did receive a bonus check from the Las Vegas-based promotion.

Ken Pavia, Lytle’s manager, informed MMAWeekly.com that his fighter did receive a little extra compensation for his UFC 116 performance.

“The bonus of the night was $75,000. It wasn’t near that, but it was still significant. It was more than a mere token, so we‘re very happy about that.” Pavia told MMAWeekly Radio. “They took care of him. They gave him a nice chunk.

“They’ve been good to Chris, and Chris has made a lot of money. I would venture to say one of the top ten in the UFC by virtue of his bonuses,” added Pavia. “He was not unhappy.”

Lytle will be back in the Octagon on Sept. 25 in his hometown of Indianapolis at UFC 119, looking for another bonus award in a rematch with former UFC welterweight titleholder Matt Serra. The two fought to a split decision at “The Ultimate Fighter 4 Finale” with Serra getting the judges’ nod in a fight many felt Lytle won.

Good for Chris, I think he still should've gotten the SOTN bonus, but good for Dana for recognizing Chris and some of the other guys.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Good of the Fertittas to make the gesture. Lesnar getting it was a joke.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:13 pm

No all Dana's doing,he said they were all getting cut a check straight after the event,just solidifying why he is by far the best President and promoter in all of MMA by a country mile and nobody is even close to him. Cool

How big were the cheques for the rest of the other WEC guys who put on a great show at the last event?

What was that mate.....zero,I thought so.

I don't know personally but how many of the dream or Strikeforce fighters on there last cards,got extra bonus's on top of there pay?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Fertitta makes the decisions on spending money. Since he's become involved Dana has a lot less power. Fertitta runs the UFC, Dana runs his mouth. Fertitta made the decision and "we are cutting some cheques" is Dana-talk for Lorenzo is cutting some cheques.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 pm

I need someone to cut me a cheque at the moment.

I'm doing an antique show in brimfeild Mass,was having a good show up untill last night.
    A little tornado thing touched down,picked up a couple of tents next to me and also picked up one of my wracks full of stained glass windows and smashed the lot Mad Sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:06 am

Shit! Sorry to hear that mate! All MMA slagging aside, don't like to see someone's livelihood being affected like that.

Insurance? Or not covered under act of god??
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 am

Appreciate it mate,but no,acts of god fall firmly on my purse strings.

but shit what can you do,could of been worse,nobody got hurt and some people have it far harder,but again I appreciate your concern.

Like we have said in the past,we can disagree and wind each other up about MMA but it's good to know your a good guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 am