THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch.

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch. Empty Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch.

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:16 am

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch. Empty Re: Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch.

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:11 am

Can only be a good thing for Brock and his team having Randy around,I don't know how much Randy will get from it for his fight at his age,but anything is better than nothing and it's great to see that Randy still has the desire to freshen things up and is still eager to go the extra mile in his training and learning,instead of just going through the normal routines at home.

His school and fighters can only benifit from Randy moving around improving his knowledge and coaching skills.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch. Empty Re: Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch.

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:24 am

What i want to know is, with all the great training facilities/ methods/ and fitness coaches, how come Konrad/Tuscherer look so terrible? Laughing

I think Brock pretty much runs the show in that camp, everything seems to revolve around him.

Watching Randy on the ropes thingy was so funny when Brock had a go afterwards. I thought he was about to destroy the thing.

Also Brock seems to be in very good shape since the illness, i dont know if he's the same size or not, but he definatly seems more ripped and quite huge compared to the others. Tuscherer is a 265 lb HW, and you can see in the video Brock just toss him over his head while on his back Shocked
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:10 am

Brock looks amazing! He's ripped! I still think Carwin has what it takes to beat him, but if Brock performs at his best he should retain his title.

The main thing Brock will learn is how to maintain his body and look after himself between fights. Couture was a late starter into MMA as well in terms of age and he's longevity is something Lesnar should aspire to.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Randy Couture training with Brock at Deathclutch. Empty Couture on :Lesnar

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:30 pm

“He moves very well for a big guy and has tremendous horse power. He’s had to make some dietary changes because of getting sick that has him leaner than he’s been, but he’s still in that 280-pound range. He probably won’t have to cut as much weight come fight time. I think the whole reason I went out there was to see what they’re doing in their camp, what their strength and conditioning is like, what kind of partners and situations is he putting himself in to face another wrestler in Carwin.”

“It wasn’t about me going out there and training him or feeling like I’m going to contribute to helping him beat Carwin or any of that. None of that went on…Obviously, there was some technical adjustments that could be made, but I wasn’t there to be a coach. I was there to be a workout partner. He’s doing more of sparring and that type of training in the morning and doing more of his strength and conditioning and individual technical training in the afternoons and evenings. I’m exactly the opposite.”

“He’s obviously a guy with a different physique so the camp is set up differently. For a guy with more muscle mass and (that is) larger, he has to train differently than I do. I can go longer and grind more and do some things that he doesn’t, which I found interesting…He’s tapering a little earlier than I would, but again, I think that’s our difference in body types.”

“He continues to learn very quickly. For this camp, he’s refining his striking tactics and technique, as that could be a component of this fight with Carwin. There’s no secret there that Carwin’s going to try and come out and knock your head off. I think he’s still continuing to find ways to implement his wrestling into his fight game because that’s his area of strength.”

When asked to make a prediction on how the fight will go between Lesnar and Carwin on July 3rd in Las Vegas, Couture said:

“I think the more Brock can make this a wrestling match, the less likely that Carwin is going to be able to have it his way and win the fight. I think Brock’s wrestling credentials are stronger and he’s a bigger, generally stronger, more athletic fighter than Carwin. If he can make it a wrestling match and keep it in those terms, he has a very good chance of winning the fight. If he gets sucked in the firefight, throwing four-ounce gloves at one another, anything can happen.”
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 pm

Carwin is screwed, Lesnar is so so athletic for a big man, my brother always says lesnar is probabally more physically gifted than GSP, he is the most athletic guy in UFC, more than the likes of say GSP or Melvin Guillard and he is 280lbs after slimming down.

Carwin on the other hand has activley bulked up to he claims 280lbs (which is big enough for a guy who is 5"11) but id say thats with fat and he is so much less mobile, he is shorter and squatter, Lesnar came out against Herring with a flying knee, guy could do all sorts of backflips in Pro Wrestling.. Carwin on the other hand has lumpering footwork of a guy carrying Bodybuilder type muscle, he hasnt a chance once the fight hits the floor and truthfully I wouldnt be shocked to see Brock outstrike him because of the speed difference.

Who all is calling an upset here? Maby Carwin can put Lesnar agasint the cage and dirty box like he did Mir, Randy had Brock in that position...

Still going Brock 1st round TKO for sure! cheers
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 am

I want Brock to win and think he will,but I'm nowhere near as confident as you mate.

One punch off either of these Monsters and the fight could be over,and if one of them gets dropped,I think the matter of who's the better wrestler will be irelevent,when they are being battered by giant Ham hock sized punches to the head,plus I know it's not as if Brock had a long career of fighting before hand but still,he's had a long lay off with a bad illness,I'm a bit worried it might show in his confidence and cardio.(but then again it's not as if Carwins cardio has been tested yet either)
    Neither can afford to be the slightest bit hesitant in this fight.
    I think who ever gets the 1st knock down or takedown wins the fight,I'm not expecting any sweeps or reversals in this fight and i don't think either will be able to tie up the other for long enough on the ground without taking a serious beatdown.
    (you watch brock triangle in the 1st Laughing )

I can't wait for this and I'm predicting a Vanilla Gorilla 1st rd stoppage but you would be crazy to write Carwin off.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:59 am

Gotta think Cardio will go in Brocks favor, Ive wasnt Carwin huffing and puffing after the Gonzaga fight? Couture said how he was supprised that Lesnar tiers a lot faster that him becasuse he has heavier muscle. Carwin is carrying a rediculous amount of muscle, Lesnar has a bigger frame, I think Carwin like Mariusz and Sapp will gass quick...

I give Brock the Stamina advantage in my head but I know what you mean it only takes either of them to land a bomb and pounce one the other one!

Brocks Sub would be a turnout for the books! Laughing Man is he knew BJJ he could probabally tear limbs off! Shocked
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am

I think Carwin has a huge chance here. His striking is superior and IMO he hits harder and crisper. I think as wrestlers there's nothing between them. I think it comes down to how well Brock can take a punch from someone who hits like Carwin. Brock should be able to go deeper into the fight, because he's got better cardio and has actually been out of the 1st round before.

I don't think this fight sees the end of the 3rd round, can't imagine it'll get to the championship rounds.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:10 am