THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture. Empty Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture.

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Randy is wanting a Title shot at the Shogun vs Machida winner. Well Id just like to say Fuck you Randy! Laughing

What an Egotistical prick!!

OK he gets done in by Lesnar, Schooled by Nog, and dropped with Bodyshots by Vera... Shit 3 bad losses in a row should put you out of contention? You should be talking about working your way back up shouldnt you?

Nope not for Couture, Beating Coleman (who was since fired having fought so bad) then Beating Toney in his MMA debut puts him in line for a shot over...

Rampage
    Evans
    Lil Nog
    Forrest Griffin

Randy needs a reality check. The winner of Ramapge vs Evans gets a shot over him without question in my eyes. And if he wants a shot I say he fights Lil Nog for the next number 1 contender spot. Or Stick him in with Anderson theres a big fight for him.

Randy has had his chance handed to him on a silver platter and shouldnt expect it time and time again. Ill be disgusted if we see him get a shot. I hope its just Randy blowing his own trumpet and hopefully he doesnt carry enough sway in the UFC to fast track himself again.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture. Empty Re: Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture.

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 pm

after suffering 2 comprehensive losses....he is coming off a painstakingly boring fight (down to Randy btw) which he probably should have lost, and a win over the absolute worst Mark Coleman i have ever seen (and i saw his fight with TAKADA!)

now if he beats an 0-0 near 40 year old punch drunk boxer who hasnt even been training properly in mma he wants a title shot at the winner of SHOGUN and MACHIDA!!!!

ok sure, we'll give Pudzilla a HW title shot on the same card he beat an 0-0 boxer too. geek
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture. Empty Re: Can I just say a huge Fuck you to Randy Couture.

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Toney is 41.

Obviously he doesn't deserve a title shot and he would probably get beat by Lil Nog, Bader, Davis and Jones and that not considering the winner of Rampage vs Evans.

I do still think he beat Vera in a terrible fight that was down to both of them, Vera has always been pretty boring for me, his fight with Reese Andy was one of the biggest piece's of shit I've witnessed in MMA. Thats a guy who Hammil, who isn't a striker by trade KOed in a round.

Still, you can't blame an old man for trying Laughing He knows he doesn't have a lot left, his trying to give it one more go but chances and logic suggests he won't get it. Definitley doesn't deserve it. If he beats Toney, he can fight Lil Nog, who doesn't deserve a shot either for beating Cane and I would assume Brilz. Thats the most logical fight for the number one contder spot. Hopefully, Davis, Jones and Bader fight it out amongst themselves.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Go on Randy cheers

Is he the most deserving? no of coarse he isn't but he is higher up the list and more deserving than most and no matter how much you don't agree,Randy is an ex champ that is 2-0 since he dropped back down to LHW and if he beats Toney,he's 3-0 and I can't off the top of my head name another top LHW that will have a winning run of 3 fights when this fight could be made.

Lil Nog has only fought once in the UFC,so he isn't deserving yet.

Silva is 1-1 since losing to Machida.

Forrest has been humiliated by the MW champ and won a SD against Tito since he lost his belt,so he's not ready for another shot.

the winner of Rashad and Rampage should be the one that gets the next shot but if they couldn't be ready in time then I think Randy would be a legit enough challenger.

Obviously Bader,Jones,Davis etc would for me be better challengers but I think they are all being brought along gradually and wouldn't be thrown into a title fight for a while yet.

Let him have another shot before he calls it a day,you bunch of miserable gits Sad
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu May 06, 2010 10:20 pm

stopped reading at "lil nog has only fought once in the ufc so he doesn't deserve it"

Lil Nog is on a six fight win steak.

knocking out Matyushenko or knocking out Cane as individual feats are more impressive than anything Randy has done at LHW in 6 yearssince beating Vitor.

sorry payne there is no rationalising it if Randy gets a title shot.

does he deserve it? no
    at best 6th in line, compare Randy's recent LHW record to rampage, rashad, nog, jones, bader.

does he at least pose the biggest threat to the champ (e.g. Vitor vs Anderson)
    no fucking way, either Machida or Shogun would eat him for breakfast, especially Machida due to styles.

is it the fight the people want?
    fuck no. Rampage vs the winner would do way more buys.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Consider this. Will Lil Nog fight Machida (if Machida wins ofc) for the title or will he pull the usual "he's my team mate" horseshit? If not, then Randy absolutley deserves the shot just for wanting it. You said Randy is not a competitive fight for Machida, fair enough but niether is Lil Nog. Style wise that is a horrible fight for Lil Nog, Machida would counter punch him to death.

If Shogun wins then I agree completely.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu May 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Look you know I'm going to always side with Randy,just like you do with your favourites.

Nobody can argue that the next challenger for the Title should be the winner of the Rashad-Rampage fight but I can't see how you have 5 fighters ahead of Randy.
    Bones and Bader both have said they need and want more fights under there belts before they take a Title shot,the loser of Rashad and Rampage will need a few wins to get there Title shot back on track.

So for me it's Randy or Lil Nog,these two should fight it out for the next shot but with them both having other fights first,the timing would be all wrong and you couldn't expect the Champ to wait around untill they fought first.So without fighting each other,I think with Randys past and his last two wins put him ahead of Lil Nog in order for a title shot in the UFC.

The 6 years since Randy beat Belfort sounds far worse than actually is the case because during those 6 years he was retired for nearly 2 of those years and for nearly 3 of them he was fighting back to back top 10 Heavyweights,also Lil Nog might well be on a 6 fight win streak but none of those wins are as good as Randy's last 2 wins,Cane and the Janitor are the only good wins during that run and neither are or ever have been ranked or considered better than Coleman or Vera.

Look don't get me wrong,I think Lil Nog and quite a few LHW's would probably beat Randy now and Machida and Shogun could batter him but out of all the UFC LHW's that would be considered for a shot after Rampage and Rashad,he has the best back to back wins out of all of them.

The thing with Randy is I've learned you can never count Randy out against anyone,if his opponent doesn't bring his A game,Randy is a big problem for anyone,he's always got a solid gameplan and will just outwork and drain a fighter till the end and in a 5 rd fight he is in his element.

Plus Randy is mr UFC and if he says he wants a Title shot,then he'd better fucking get one,OK tongue
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri May 07, 2010 12:05 am

its not like Randy has this great past to justify his title shot.
    he is 6-3 at 205 with his only good wins being Vitor (also lost to him), Chuck (also got KOd by him twice) and Tito.

Nog has always been in his brothers shadow but he has one of the best resumees in the division.
    Overeem twice, Henderson, Sakuraba, Mezger, Nakamura twice, Vladi and Cane.

anyway i dont realistically think Dana will give him a shot, he certainly wont make Shogun (or machiida) wait for Randy to have another full training camp after UFC 118.

i will agree though that you can't ever count randy out!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 07, 2010 12:25 am

being a fan of Randy's,obviously I'd love to see him get another shot before he retired,just like you'd love to see cro-Cop LHK someones head off again.

6-3,well it's hard to hold the Vitor loss against him to be fair,NC in my eyes,just like Fedors loss shouldn't count.

So he has really only ever lost to 1 LHW,who happened to be argueably the best LHW in the world at the time.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri May 07, 2010 12:50 am

That loss was horrendous TBH. He won because a piece of tape, nothing to do with skill. Im sure not even Belfort was intending for that to happen. Randy whooped him twice.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Randy Whooped Belfort when he was a kid... so Did Sakuraba, doesnt mean they would do it again now.

Randy got done in by Vera, the guy was dropped with Bodyshots and got all his TD's stuffed. Im actually going to watch it again despite it being boring because Im sure Vera won. Anyway Couture looked Shite, Vera got Dominated by Bones and Randy scraped a controversial decision over him.

The win over Coleman means nothing. He might as well have beaten Dan Severn and chalked up a HOF vicotry.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Nog beat the Janitor who was top 15 ranked and Cane who was top 10 ranked. (And demolished both of them) That easily overshaddows Coutures wins against 2 lower ranked opponents, Vera and Coleman. As well as 4 other wins!

Nog is easily over Couture for a shot

Even Forrest beating Rampage, Shogun and Tito in his last 5 fights and Stepping up to fight Anderson in a fight he was sure to win have to put him in line for a shot above Randy who did the exact opposite and took an taylor made fight he was sure to win. Forrest fights Anderson Randy fights Toney... Rolling Eyes

Why not give Bones a shot over Randy, he is to all intents and purposes undefeated and beat Hamill senceless who is more dangerous than Coleman and demolished Vera who beat Randy up.

Rampage vs Evans is clearly above Couture no doubt about that

Randy has 3 guys ahead of him in the pecking order if you dont want to count Jones, The Winner of Franklin vs Liddell could well be on his level too... Couture needs to get his Ego in check
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri May 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Hey, I wouldn't be suprised if he gets fast tracked its the story of Randy career! He doesn't deserve it at all. He wouldn't be in my top 8 LHW's at the moment. The guy is old and past it now, his fights do nothing for me at all... Let it go Randy! your a good coach, help some of the younger guys now =)
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Randy did whoop a young Belfort but he also battered a 28 year old Vitor,so I don't get what your saying Ben,he did do it again.

also I don't think the janitor or cane have ever been ranked higher than Vera or Coleman before them fights.

I mean you only had to read alot of the posts on here before Randy battered Coleman,you all had Coleman ranked high and alot on here thought he would beat Randy,afterall he had just pushed Shogun all the way and beat Bonner,so at the time he was ranked higher than either,and what ever made Cane a top 15?getting finished in the 1st by Irvin or going the distance with Cantwell,or beating two guys that got cut from the UFC for not being good enough,Sokoudju a guy who has gone 3-5 in the last 3 years or lambert that is 2-6 in the last 4 years.

So for me Randy's last two wins,as boring as you might find them,were and are more impressive wins than any of the wins lil Nog has racked up lately,though no doubting Lil Nog has looked more impressive but thats just styles,Randy hasn't a flashy bone in his body and doesn't exactly have a load of HL reel Ko's does he(I think you would struggle to fill a you tube clip of Ko's)he just does what works for him,grinds them down and pushes a pace that they usually can't handle,there is no body in the game that is as good as Randy at doing just that,like I said it can be as boring as fuck but non the less it's a very effective way of fighting.

your right forrest was about ready for another shot but he lost,so unfortunately for him in this sport,he needs to get a few back to back wins before he gets another shot just like the loser of rampage - Rashad won't be getting a shot straight after,without racking up a few more wins.

so now its only 3 people ahead of Randy,it was 5 the other day and I still can't think of the 3,the winner of Rampage_Rashad,yes but the loser can't be next in line surely,then there is Lil Nog and Randy and both of them have a good case for it and could go to either one,you think nog,I think Randy,so for me if he did get the shot because the winner of rampage-Rashad couldn't make it in time,then I don't see how it is that bad a decision or some kind of UFC conspiracy to fast track Randy.(this is still all depending if Randy beats Toney,I mean if he loses that then that is it for Randy as a contender and lil Nog with a win over another average fighter in Brilz would be definately be the second in line for a shot behind the winner of Rampage vs Rashad fight)
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 pm

i was optimistic for Coleman before that fight because he showed some Cardio against Bonnar and Randy isn't that good.
    Coleman showed up and didnt use his only strength - wrestling, he also looked like he had slowed by about 8 years in 8 months.

Coleman was barely on the j.m.o list, Cane was in the top 10, as was Matyushenko before their fight.

Rampage/Rashad winner.
    Nog if he wins.
    Jon Jones if he wins.
    Anderson Silva.
    Ryan Bader.
    Forrest Griffin.
    Brilz if he wins.
    Randy if he wins.
    Vlad if he wins.

If it were up to me he would never get a title shot unless he beats a top 5 fighter.

If he wanted another belt for his collection he should cancel the Toney fight and face an mma fighter instead.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 07, 2010 8:16 pm

"If he wanted another belt for his collection he should cancel the Toney fight and face an mma fighter instead."

Well said mate, None of Coutures last 3 fights will be ranked opponents at all. Coleman wasnt ranked, Vera wasnt ranked and Toney is bearly ranked in Boxing! Laughing

Fighting Toney is fair enough, If you want an easy fight to make a patch record look respectable then fair enough but dont call for a shot off the back of a non ranked fighter.

Sadly I think if Evans beats Rampage and Machida beats Shogun then Randy might get a shot as No one wasnts to see Evans vs Machida 2 id say.

Also if were talking about people in line for a shot before Randy, What about Machida if he looses? That sets up a rubbermatch.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Rubber match should be a must If Shogun wins.

Rampage/Rashad winner.-completely agree

Nog if he wins.- as I've said,nothing between him and Randy really

Jon Jones if he wins.-He and his camp have said they need more fights first before they think about title shots.

Anderson Silva.-is a good option if Shogun wins but a no go if Machida wins.

Ryan Bader.- same as Bones

Forrest Griffin.-needs another good win to get back on track

Brilz if he wins.-come off it,unless Marshal is considered also..(if he does win,I say he is still only just makes top 10 or around there)

Randy if he wins

Vlad if he wins-he's an option but i don't see him as more than a top 10 gatekeeper really and I think Randy beats him all day if they fought each other.

are people going to actually use the Toney fight against Randy,who else should of took this fight and who would Toney agree to fight?
    Toney stated from the beginnig that he would only want to fight the biggest names in MMA and actually called out Randy many times,so what should Randy have done,turned it down so then you could all say he ducked Toney or other shit along those lines,he just can't win with some of you no matter what he does and just for the record have you ever heard of randy in the past ducking someone who challenges him because I can't name one.
    shit no,Randy is a great guy to represent MMA in a fight against a boxer,who's only aim is to say Boxers are better than MMA fighters.
    I would of personally loved it if they gave him Brock as Brocks warm up fight to come back to,so i can watch him get crushed but to be fair to Toney,he has a much better chance of being competative against the older,smaller Randy.

I'm pretty sure when Toney first announced he was doing MMA,Randy was the first name people were talking about fighting him,so what changed?Kimbo was the other name running about,but I think that was more of a case that toney wouldn't fight an inexperianced street brawler and wanted a big named,experianced MMA fighter to fight and Randy checks all those boxes.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri May 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Shogun vs Machida III? Aren't people getting tired of this. Shogun barely deserves a rematch as it is, unless this fight is very close, I would hope not. If Shogun dominates Machida there should be no rematch. If Machida dominates Shogun, Shogun shouldn't get a title shot against a Machida ever again. Or at least till he wins 10 fights in a row by which point Machida would probably be retired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lil Nog

Brilz
    Cane
    Vlad

Randy

Toney
    Coleman
    Vera

The difference in opposition is not that different, all shit or average opponents. Jones would beat the hell out of both of them anyway, he just needs time because Shogun/Machida would be too much right now.

Brilz deserves a title shot as much as Tim Boetch does. Win or lose to Lil Nog.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:58 pm