THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
sunthunder
quicksuperlee
pinsman
threeofclubs
payneNglory1
1972-casual
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
Jud_Danger
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
efils_god
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Ginginho
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
23 posters

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:You (and many others) hold his big fight record against him, and that's hilarious because he could conceivably have beaten Rashad, Wanderlei and Sonnen, all of which were very close decisions.

I hate to dive into a Bisping arguement because Im usually one of the ones seen as hating him unreasonabaly but Ill say Bad performance by Sonnen or not Bisping looked an improved fighter on punch power if nothing else... One of the guys who posts here said he trained in wolfslair didnt he? In the buildup Bisping talked about adding power and I think you could see Power in the punches and pushing Sonnen into the cage.

Having said that if the decision had of gone the other way it would have been a bad call. I suppose the Debate is in the 1st round but MMA is like that the scoring isnt perfect because in all 29-28's there is only a round in it. Sonnen won the 1st and the 3rd I think thats fair to say.

The other fights you mentioned, Rashad? Seriously I dont remember it that way. Rashad never got tagged with anything that troubled him and from what I remember he was landing a few good shots too but really controlled Bisping for 2 rounds with his grappling. I think only Diehard Bisping fans though he won.

He went 1-1 against Wandy in the 1st two rounds and got more or less KO'd in the 3rd which easily gave Wand that round. It was a UD, for it to go the other way and them to wake Bisping up and declare him the winner would be crazy, he was seeing stars about to get blasted out when he was saved by the bell. You cant win a round like that.

So we wont a round against Rashad, Wandy and Sonnen. Its good but when you consider Maia has beat Sonnen and Leben has beat Wandy. Other guys in his weight fought these guys and won. going 29-28 is clutching at straws for an achievment and argueing bad judging could have saved him.

When he fought Hamill he was on the winning end of a decision going wrong, One judge gave it to Hamil 30-27. I dont think he has been on the recieving end of a bad decision if im honesy and a SD to Rashad maby was generous in my books.

Would be beat Palhares or Stann? Weidman? I look forward to seeing an improved Bisping fighting these guys. I reckon he can come away with a close 29-28 keep your chin up loss to Weidman maby Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:28 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    2brutal wrote:he is a bit like palhares whenever he gets a step up he comes up short

Urn, no. Palhares has stepped up twice, Marquardt beat him down in half a round and Hendo, even though he put up a good fight, beat him decisively. The only person to beat Bisping decisively and definitively is Dan Henderson.

It's nice that you can change history.

Marquadt did not "beat him down", he greased and Palhares stopped fighting and Hendo did not beat him decisively.

Bisping has fought 4 good fighters in his career and lost to them all.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:31 am

Sheldan wrote:Makes me laugh the lengths that some people go to on here to not give Bisping credit. A lot of the MMA community, Dana White and even Chael Sonnen himself said that they thought Bisping won the fight, yet the members of The Armbar (well known for being Bisping's biggest fan club) clearly know best by saying things such as Sonnen won easily, and that 30-27 was a fair call. Whenever Chael says anything some people on here take it as gospel, but then he says things along the lines of Bisping is a great fighter, he deserves a lot of credit etc, and according to some people on here Chael is obviously just talking rubbish all of a sudden, of course.

This is meant to be a forum full of intelligent members, yet most people on here just arse lick their favourite fighters and claim they're destined for greatness, or constantly discredit fighters they hate.

Sonnen did not say he thought Bisping won the fight. And Sonnen hadn't seen the fight when he said it was close.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:34 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:only seen the bisping fight, thought he won the 2nd round and edged the first round too, though it was very close.
    the most dominant round went to Sonnen, even though it ended with Bisping poounding him.
    It should have been 29-28 Bisping in my opinion.

Sonnen clearly won the first round. The only thing Bisping did was hold him against the cage.

from the press conference (35.30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5lW80H3q8

"Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round, i didnt even know what day it was. I remember..when i came to, looking at him and thinking 'oh my god you have no idea how bad you've hurt me or you'd step in and do something'"

I havent watched the whole thing but he goes on to say he wouldnt have felt wronged if bisping won.

Sonnen says a lot of things. He was never rocked in the fight, he's hyping Bisping to make up for having a bad night himself. Sonnen won the first round easily. Second was close. Bisping held him against the cage and tried to be Randy Couture, Sonnen landed more strikes and got a takedown. Third round was a typical Sonnen round. Sonnen's fight, clear as anything.

The bit in bold makes no logical sense, surely if you have a bad night you say so and don't praise your opponent for doing well, seeing as in your mind they only appear to be doing well because you're having an off night...

Bisping caught Sonnen in the first round and Sonnen was wobbled, the commentators picked up on it, evidently so did Sonnen, yet you can't bring yourself to admit it. Rolling Eyes

Remember you claimed this fight would be the ass-kicking of the year? Laughing You're favourite fighter scraped to a controversial decision against your least favourite fighter, face it.

When has Sonnen EVER made an excuse immediately after a fight? Never. Sonnen wasn't wobbled in the first, you're talking nonsense. The commentators picked up on it?? Rogan and Goldie?? You really want to use those two to back up your point.

Give Sonnen a full camp preparing for Bisping and not a wrestler and let them have a rematch and see what happens.

There was nothing controversial about it. Bisping managed to survive three rounds and people think he won because of it. The fight tells a clear story of Bisping losing. Outstruck and outgrappled in all 3 rounds. He held Sonnen against the cage, pulled the shorts, and little else.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Bulldog67 wrote:
    gre660wl wrote:so are all the sonnen brown noses on here still confident he's gonna smash silva still in the rematch? Bisping gave a good account of himself against "the undisputed champion" last night certainly better than silva, stann and marquardt? So what was the problem last night guys is bisping underated or is sonnen half the fighter without the PEDS? either way i know who im backin in the rematch.

you get my vote dood

sat there watchin the great overhyped tedious sonnen and yet again thort is that it, christ knows why so many worship him. If bisping is so shite WTF happened?

last time i was hanging around it was machida that you were being led by the nose to worship, and we know where that went

sonnen will not have even a sniff of joy against silve 2nd time round as long as he tested on a regular basis.

different topic but doods that take drugs do so coz they know they cant make the grade without them, and that is always gonna sit in the back of sonnens mind, its why he such a gobshite to hide his insecurity

remind us of anyone on here? Twisted Evil

Yeah, that's a good description of yourself you daft little wanker.

Laughing funny how he didn't even mention any names and you were the first one to reply!

He was clearly describing himself.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

I do love the Bisping discussions on here! they make for amazing reading!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 pm