THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
sunthunder
quicksuperlee
pinsman
threeofclubs
payneNglory1
1972-casual
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
Jud_Danger
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
efils_god
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Ginginho
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
23 posters

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:only seen the bisping fight, thought he won the 2nd round and edged the first round too, though it was very close.
    the most dominant round went to Sonnen, even though it ended with Bisping poounding him.
    It should have been 29-28 Bisping in my opinion.

Sonnen clearly won the first round. The only thing Bisping did was hold him against the cage.

from the press conference (35.30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5lW80H3q8

"Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round, i didnt even know what day it was. I remember..when i came to, looking at him and thinking 'oh my god you have no idea how bad you've hurt me or you'd step in and do something'"

I havent watched the whole thing but he goes on to say he wouldnt have felt wronged if bisping won.

Sonnen says a lot of things. He was never rocked in the fight, he's hyping Bisping to make up for having a bad night himself. Sonnen won the first round easily. Second was close. Bisping held him against the cage and tried to be Randy Couture, Sonnen landed more strikes and got a takedown. Third round was a typical Sonnen round. Sonnen's fight, clear as anything.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:08 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/01/sonnen-vs-bisping-official-ufc.html

Sonnen outstruck Bisping in the 1st as well as scoring 2 TD's. There is no way Bisping won the 1st. He did better than I thought because he survived and maby won the 2nd round. His TDD was better than I though and he looked to have a bit more on his punches than Normal, he seemed very hard to controll for a man Wandy was able to outwrestle.

Rashad was the man of the moment, Davis is still a great figther but Rashad just smothered him and broke his will. Davis isnt great under fire. When he takes punches he panics a bit and Rashad was punching him non stop. Great performance, give Rashad the title shot and let Hendo fight Machida I reckon.

Maia Cardio was shit, Bisping would have beat him.

Ben, Bisping outwrestled Wandi convincingly when they fought. Wandi got the nod because of knockdowns.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:10 pm

2brutal wrote:

felt bad for weidman glad he won wonder how much he cut in the build up

32 pounds or something like it apparently.

I bet Paul Harris is gutted he didn't take the fight. He'd have destroyed Maia last night.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Bulldog67 wrote:
    gre660wl wrote:so are all the sonnen brown noses on here still confident he's gonna smash silva still in the rematch? Bisping gave a good account of himself against "the undisputed champion" last night certainly better than silva, stann and marquardt? So what was the problem last night guys is bisping underated or is sonnen half the fighter without the PEDS? either way i know who im backin in the rematch.

you get my vote dood

sat there watchin the great overhyped tedious sonnen and yet again thort is that it, christ knows why so many worship him. If bisping is so shite WTF happened?

last time i was hanging around it was machida that you were being led by the nose to worship, and we know where that went

sonnen will not have even a sniff of joy against silve 2nd time round as long as he tested on a regular basis.

different topic but doods that take drugs do so coz they know they cant make the grade without them, and that is always gonna sit in the back of sonnens mind, its why he such a gobshite to hide his insecurity

remind us of anyone on here? Twisted Evil

Yeah, that's a good description of yourself you daft little wanker.

as i said, remind us of anyone on here lol!

u fuckin donut, ya too stupid to recognise yaself lol!

once sonnen is whooped who ya gonna try and bully everyone into followin next?

yor funny man, crack me proper

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    redmeanie77 wrote:

The wrong result was called for Sonnen-Bisping. Apparently 1 judge scored it 30-27 to Bisping!!! So its Sonnen by split decision.

Shamefull stuff.

None of the judges scored it to Bisping. The scorecards were available on line last night. Sonnen won UD.

yeah it was on the underground news that judge made a mistake, but that article has been taken down now. 30-27 was for Sonnen.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:41 am

Bulldog67 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Bulldog67 wrote:
    gre660wl wrote:so are all the sonnen brown noses on here still confident he's gonna smash silva still in the rematch? Bisping gave a good account of himself against "the undisputed champion" last night certainly better than silva, stann and marquardt? So what was the problem last night guys is bisping underated or is sonnen half the fighter without the PEDS? either way i know who im backin in the rematch.

you get my vote dood

sat there watchin the great overhyped tedious sonnen and yet again thort is that it, christ knows why so many worship him. If bisping is so shite WTF happened?

last time i was hanging around it was machida that you were being led by the nose to worship, and we know where that went

sonnen will not have even a sniff of joy against silve 2nd time round as long as he tested on a regular basis.

different topic but doods that take drugs do so coz they know they cant make the grade without them, and that is always gonna sit in the back of sonnens mind, its why he such a gobshite to hide his insecurity

as i said, remind us of anyone on here lol!

u fuckin donut, ya too stupid to recognise yaself lol!

once sonnen is whooped who ya gonna try and bully everyone into followin next?

yor funny man, crack me proper

Can anyone translate from retard into english so I can understand with this dickhead is trying to say?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 am

Now now children.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Props to Bisping as much as I dislike the man I can not fault his performance he did far then I expected probably due to the fact like Chael I assume too probably overlooked Bisping and seen tis as a gimme we all wrong. Rashad looked great completely dominated Davis I've said It before and I'll say It again stylistically Rashad Is a nightmare fight for Jones after watching the fight over the weekend I'm still sticking to this.

Weidman looked pretty good didn't see where there was a split though I thought Weidman took the first 2 easily. Prelims were great absolutely surprised Beltran got wrecked like that, Russow looked good It is about time he had a step up in competition I'm thinking Carwin maybe even Mir. Oliveira's sub was very slick at 145 he should progress well.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Sonnen is getting no credit for this performance, when Bisping is getting his praises sung. At the end of the day he lost clearly on the scorecards.

Bisping stalled a lot, those Randy Couture tactics arent going to work for anyone except Couture who wins rounds just by being in the cage. Ill admit he looked the best he ever has, he actually looked to have added power to his punching which was one of the areas he fell down in.

Bisping vs Sonnen doesnt reflect how Sonnen vs Anderson 2 is going to go. Bisping for all his shortcomings is very hard to take and hold down. He doesnt stack up to Anderson on the feet but his defensive wrestling is 10X better.

Sonnen will charge at Anderson and take him down near at will like last fight. I dont see what has changed.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Anyone think Maia should cut to 170? Probabally a bit of a strange thing to say after he gassed but he looked so overmatched in the strength department and not for the 1st time.

I think he could be a title contender at 170 but at 185 he isnt going far.

Lavar KOing Beltran was a shocker! 1st time Beltran knocked out cold? As shit as Lavar looked in his loosing performances I think he is a nightmare matchup for Mir. I could see him putting Mirs back on the cage and hammering him like Carwin did.

Russow is pretty boring at times, and he is probabally undersized (height and reach) for the devision so I dont think he will ever go further than 10th ranked myself. Bring on Nelson in the clash of the fat men I say!

Oliveira's sub was slick as fuck! I hear it was called a calf slicer... isnt that something else? It was a really unusual one, Ive never seen it done before. He really fitted the 145lbs frame well, I think he will be top 10 in no time.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 pm

32 pounds thats a big cut in 10 days

palhares would of killed maia
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:16 pm

I just think that there's folk on this forum, that are very quick to judge a fighter, based on 1 performance. Of course, sometimes, when they get it right, they can look like geniuses, however, it's a dangerous game to play.

Look at folks reaction to Lesnar. As I said (and I'm not alone), Sonnen had been preparing to fight Munoz, and then had to change his gameplan completely, Munoz and Bisping are completely different fighters. I think that Sonnen will be a different animal when it comes to the rematch with Silva, it doesn't change the fact that I hope he gets smashed, but to label him as a poor fighter following one bad fight, maybe not so clever.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:22 pm

2brutal wrote:32 pounds thats a big cut in 10 days

palhares would of killed maia

Maia cut 32lbs in 10 days? Jesus Im shocked he walks round over 200lbs! He looks like there is nothing to him! Its going to be a slippery slope for him, he hung with Munoz but I dont think Munoz is as good as his ranking suggests...

I think there are far too many 185ers too physical for him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 pm

It was Weidman that cut 32lbs in 10 days.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I just think that there's folk on this forum, that are very quick to judge a fighter, based on 1 performance. Of course, sometimes, when they get it right, they can look like geniuses, however, it's a dangerous game to play.

Look at folks reaction to Lesnar. As I said (and I'm not alone), Sonnen had been preparing to fight Munoz, and then had to change his gameplan completely, Munoz and Bisping are completely different fighters. I think that Sonnen will be a different animal when it comes to the rematch with Silva, it doesn't change the fact that I hope he gets smashed, but to label him as a poor fighter following one bad fight, maybe not so clever.

I don't buy the logic that Sonnen's performance was down to the opponent change.

What would have been his game plan against Munoz? Take him down and beat him up? He tried that against Bisping and it didn't work til the 3rd. Munoz has a lot more power than Bisping so Sonnen must surely have been training to avoid the strikes, but no, because Bisping was tagging him all night long too

Just people making excuses because they bum Chael and hate Mike. I'm on the fence personally, I can't decide whether it's a case of Sonnen being overrated or Bisping being underrated, probably a bit of both.

Rashad looked like the top 3 fighter he is, Davis looked like the inexperienced fighter that he is, that's all I have to say about that fight. Haven't been impressed with Davis since he one-arm kimura'd The Barbarian. Evans definitely has the best chance of anyone against Jones, albeit probably slim.

Weidman looked shit against a shit Maia. Both were gassed so the fact Weidman cut so much so soon doesn't really matter in the context of the fight alone. Weidmans standup needs improving if he's stepping up in competition. Maia is turning into the new Jorge Gurgel.

Prelims were brilliant, Seriously impressed with Lavar Johnson, he crumpled Beltran with pretty much the first punch he landed and it was clear to see that Joey never fully recovered. Serious power, he reminds me a bit of a HW Houston Alexander. Would love to see him against Carwin! Beltran's home is at LHW.

Du Bronx's submission looked nasty as fook, could be a contender at FW. Him vs Korean Zombie would be a cracker. Was impressed with Lentz, him and Dunham were getting into some KZ- Garcia exchanges, who would have thought you'd be able tomsay that about Nik Lentz!! George Roop is shit, Swanson is a beast. That kid is seriously in shape.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Bulldog67 wrote:

you get my vote dood

Laughing funny how he didn't even mention any names and you were the first one to reply!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:06 pm

i meant weidman

ben i agree maia might need to cut to 170 he is nowhere in the mix now at mw

good point pete i fell foul of that when i thoght cain was the second comming
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm

axe bit harsh on weidman the cut looked like it took a lot out of imo i rekon he will be fighting for the belt down the line
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

2brutal wrote:axe bit harsh on weidman the cut looked like it took a lot out of imo i rekon he will be fighting for the belt down the line

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I know it took a lot out of him. And had he had the right amount of time to prepare he would probably have beaten Maia much more convincingly. However I mean in the context of the fight alone it didnt mean much, because Maia was also gassed to fuck, so it sort of cancelled each other out.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:18 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I just think that there's folk on this forum, that are very quick to judge a fighter, based on 1 performance. Of course, sometimes, when they get it right, they can look like geniuses, however, it's a dangerous game to play.

I don't buy the logic that Sonnen's performance was down to the opponent change.

What would have been his game plan against Munoz? Take him down and beat him up? He tried that against Bisping and it didn't work til the 3rd. Munoz has a lot more power than Bisping so Sonnen must surely have been training to avoid the strikes, but no, because Bisping was tagging him all night long too

Just people making excuses because they bum Chael and hate Mike. I'm on the fence personally, I can't decide whether it's a case of Sonnen being overrated or Bisping being underrated, probably a bit of both.

Rashad looked like the top 3 fighter he is, Davis looked like the inexperienced fighter that he is, that's all I have to say about that fight. Haven't been impressed with Davis since he one-arm kimura'd The Barbarian. Evans definitely has the best chance of anyone against Jones, albeit probably slim.

Weidman looked shit against a shit Maia. Both were gassed so the fact Weidman cut so much so soon doesn't really matter in the context of the fight alone. Weidmans standup needs improving if he's stepping up in competition. Maia is turning into the new Jorge Gurgel.

Prelims were brilliant, Seriously impressed with Lavar Johnson, he crumpled Beltran with pretty much the first punch he landed and it was clear to see that Joey never fully recovered. Serious power, he reminds me a bit of a HW Houston Alexander. Would love to see him against Carwin! Beltran's home is at LHW.

Du Bronx's submission looked nasty as fook, could be a contender at FW. Him vs Korean Zombie would be a cracker. Was impressed with Lentz, him and Dunham were getting into some KZ- Garcia exchanges, who would have thought you'd be able tomsay that about Nik Lentz!! George Roop is shit, Swanson is a beast. That kid is seriously in shape.

Surely any change of opponent, at this level, is going to throw a competitor?

Ever since the loss to Maia, it's been said that Sonnen has the answer to Silva, surely one fight does not change that?

And 2Brutal, I still think that Cain will regain the HW crown, again, 1 fight (after a lengthy layoff) doesn't change my opinion that he has all the tools needed.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

i do too pete

i see now axe
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Ah u guys are crazy. Sonnen just had a bad night, it happens. He is still a huge threat to Anderson. Physically Sonnen did not look as good as his previous fights. Lets not forget the mauling he has given to Okami, Marquardt, Stann and the total beating he gave to Silva.

Yes i expected a much more 1 sided fight with Bisping but he still won despite not looking good. And at the end of the day if u cant submit him ur going to lose. And if Sonnen is on his game that night then ur in for hell during that fight.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm

early prediction silva ko
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Makes me laugh the lengths that some people go to on here to not give Bisping credit. A lot of the MMA community, Dana White and even Chael Sonnen himself said that they thought Bisping won the fight, yet the members of The Armbar (well known for being Bisping's biggest fan club) clearly know best by saying things such as Sonnen won easily, and that 30-27 was a fair call. Whenever Chael says anything some people on here take it as gospel, but then he says things along the lines of Bisping is a great fighter, he deserves a lot of credit etc, and according to some people on here Chael is obviously just talking rubbish all of a sudden, of course.

This is meant to be a forum full of intelligent members, yet most people on here just arse lick their favourite fighters and claim they're destined for greatness, or constantly discredit fighters they hate.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Sheldan wrote:Makes me laugh the lengths that some people go to on here to not give Bisping credit. A lot of the MMA community, Dana White and even Chael Sonnen himself said that they thought Bisping won the fight, yet the members of The Armbar (well known for being Bisping's biggest fan club) clearly know best by saying things such as Sonnen won easily, and that 30-27 was a fair call. Whenever Chael says anything some people on here take it as gospel, but then he says things along the lines of Bisping is a great fighter, he deserves a lot of credit etc, and according to some people on here Chael is obviously just talking rubbish all of a sudden, of course.

This is meant to be a forum full of intelligent members, yet most people on here just arse lick their favourite fighters and claim they're destined for greatness, or constantly discredit fighters they hate.

Sorry dude, but, whilst I have held my hands up, with regards to not giving Bisping enough credit (as a fighter), what the fuck do you expect Sonnen to do? He had a bad night, of course he's going to 'big up' his opponent. 'Chale talking rubbish all of a sudden'? Try all the fucking time mate. Whilst I believe the forum is full of intelligent members, but also very opinionated members, so of course there's going to be criticism, and I don't think I'd have it any other way. Let's not forget as well, that Bisping has still got a 2-4 record against top fighters (if you include Mayhem in that category), and whilst he performed a hell of a lot better than I thought he could, he didn't do enough offensively, he seemed content to try and stop Sonnen beating him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:12 am