THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Rockhold injured, out of SF in November

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rockhold injured, out of SF in November Empty Rockhold injured, out of SF in November

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Strikeforce = Total and utter Bollox.

It isnt even in the top 3 MMA organisations any more. OneFC, WSOF and Bellator are all going to be bigger.

I hope they cancel another event. The fans have lost interest in this shell of Strikeforce and its about time Zuffa gave us a direct answer on what the plans are with Strikeforce.

Id assume Jacare can just fill in but Rockhold is one of the names that showtime love, they might just cancel again.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Rockhold injured, out of SF in November Empty Re: Rockhold injured, out of SF in November

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Man I really feel for Coker....Gil dropping out and the card getting scratched, Mir pulling out and now Rockhold, Man It's got to be tough and especially considering It has effected 3 Title fights.

On a side note with Gonzaga on stand by for the UFC this weekend the more I think about It the more I think Gonzaga will get the nod to fight DC on Nov 3rd.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rockhold injured, out of SF in November Empty Re: Rockhold injured, out of SF in November

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Man I really feel for Coker....Gil dropping out and the card getting scratched, Mir pulling out and now Rockhold, Man It's got to be tough and especially considering It has effected 3 Title fights.

On a side note with Gonzaga on stand by for the UFC this weekend the more I think about It the more I think Gonzaga will get the nod to fight DC on Nov 3rd.

Heres hoping, he has a good style to beat him, His main bit of his standup is big powerfull kicks which are dangerous to a man Cormiers height. He has the BJJ off his back to threaten a Sub. I like Gonzaga as an opponent, I dont think they want him to fight a "contender" so Gabe fits the bill well.

SF is Sh1t, sooner its gone the better. Zuffa really cant afford to diloute their UFC brand by keeping some good fighters in SF, there are companies sprouting up like WSOF and OneFc and to keep such a dominant position they could use the top fighetrs shelved in SF. There has to be a way to worm out of this deal before 2014.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Surely they wont cancel back 2 back cards.

They really need to bring in Gonzaga and Jacare to save this card,or maybe push Kennedy into the Larkins fight and find a new opponent for Smith,someone like Brunson or Sayers,even Benji Radich since he has some name value in Strikeforce.

I thought about Mike Kyle stepping back up to HW,since he is under contract with Strikeforce,but he's Cormiers team mate.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Well the Nov 3rd card has turned into a right clusterfuck,the third fight of the five fight main event has lost a fighter due to injury,McMann is out against Carmouche.

Though Strikeforce have made the Masvidal vs Green fight official.

So the card looks like this at the moment

Daniel Cormier vs. TBA
    Lorenz Larkin vs. TBA
    Tim Kennedy vs. Trevor Smith
    Liz Carmouche vs. TBA
    Bobby Green vs. Jorge Masvidal

I'm gutted,as I liked Strikeforce,but it looks like it's doomed,meaning less MMA on TV,which sucks.

I just wish that all sides could of agreed and used Strikeforce as a development Org and a place for recently cut fighters to go,even scrap the name,merge it into the UFC and just put cards with those kind of fighters on them,but it's clear that neither the Showtime Execs or ZUFFA have any interest in anything like that,and it has become clear that the relationship between them is a bad one and now ZUFFA,want to sever ties instead of renew them at the soonest possible opportunity.

At the beginning I had high hopes,and I'm not 100% convinced that ZUFFA bought them with the sole intension to shut one of their competitors down at the first opportunity,yes,I'm sure they wanted to take all of the top talent on that rosta,but I think they were also hoping to use the showtime TV channel opportunity,and platform already put in place to continue building and promoting the sport,especially when Dana became hands on at the beginning.
    A the start a lot of things changed behind the scenes quickly and it was seemingly met by all the fighters in a positive way,but once showtime started putting on restrictions and Dana and ZUFFA weren't allowed to run their new business fully,the way they wanted,Dana stepped away and the writing was on the wall,this relationship was not going to work,ZUFFA pulled back and only offered the minimum support required and they are now just playing a waiting game for these contracts to run there coarse,and the fact that Strikeforce is going through this current slump and ZUFFA don't seem to be in any kind of urgent rush to rescue the Nov 3rd card,seems to me they are rubbing their hands in hope Showtime now just ditch strikeforce and leave ZUFFA free to do with it,what they want.

If there was still life left in Strikeforce,the Ferttitas would have had someone speaking out,vigorously defending the Orgs current situation,I mean what do you hear from Coker,maybe a little interview once every couple of months.This was supposed to be his baby,so this is the first guy you would of thought would be scrambling to defend and rescue it,yet he isn't,probably because he is being restricted by ZUFFA on the amount he's allowed to say,or he's just useless fool.

since the writing seems to be on the wall,i just hope it all desolves quickly without to much fuss.
    My only concern is,I really hope the fighters who have contracts with showtime aren't messed about and are allowed to make a smooth,quick transition to the UFC or where ever they want to fight,without having to sit back in limbo,without being able to earn or entertain us fans,waiting for ZUFFA and Showtime to go through long drawn out legal battles.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Rumors going about that SF is going to shut down. I think this is what most MMA fans wanted. Im sure the Ferttitas arent stupid and can have not notices everyone describing the organisation as a sinking ship.

If Showtime want to cancell they can make some quick cash on the fighter contracts and not drag this thing out to 2014 when all the stand to make is some money from the odd card they decide has enough fighters on it.

I want Cormier to go straight to Lhw and fight Evans/Hendo/Machida or Shogun vs Gus winner. We all know he is gunning for Jones and not JDS so a trial cut would seem the Idea.

Barnett needs to fight Bigfoot, Werdum, Mir.

Gil right into a title fight, they owe him that for the amount of time he has spent as a top 3 Lw.

Marquardt might be in a tight spot but im sure him and GSP would fight if offered it. Id say a fight with Diaz would make sence as Marquardt is a big name still.

Rockhold was a name Andersons camp made a lot of noise about, maby a fight with Bisping would earn him a shot?

Jacare vs Munoz or the Palhares vs Lombard winner would be good.

Kennedy vs Stann!

If Lawler is still there a fight with Wand is something I want to see.

Healy vs Pettis

There are some cracking matches to be made, I really hope this is the end for them. As far as it being used as a development league id rather see it go, all the ranked fighters under 1 organisation is what we want isnt it?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Also if it all goes Mousasi would be good for Rampages final opponent, I think he would be thrilled to have someone who wouldnt consider shooting for a TD on him. And as a younger guy he would be another star in a devision fighters are getting past their best.

Still think he is a 185er. He was talking madness a few years back about wanting to stedily move up to Hw. Guy was hanging around with Fedor too much if he thinks he is the size of a heavyweight.

Was reading an interview after his last win and he said...

"I think, because I don't have good training. I have only one trainer. And that's wrestling, they were helping me with technical wrestling. But I don't have a conditioning trainer, I don't have a standup trainer, I don't have a jiu-jitsu trainer. I don't have any good sparring partners, high level. I don't have a nutrition(ist). I don't know what all these other fighters have. I mean, I think there's a huge (room for) improvement there. Next fight I'm going to train in the US with a good camp."

He has a 6 or 7 fight deal with SF signed after his last fight so if they keep the thing running he is going to see 2014 out no problem. He is ready to return from injury in November I last heard.

He could float about till 2014 Kickboxing and fighting in OneFC because his SF contrat was a bit of a Nick Diaz one unless thats changed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 am