THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
9 posters

Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill Empty Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 pm

On May 8th Paul "Semtex" Daley and Josh Koscheck will meet up in an a bout that could weigh heavilly on the UFC welterweight title picture, with the winner possibly getting a shot at Georges St. Pierre. Paul Daley recently talked about his thought on Josh Koscheck, and questions the former number one contenders skill:

"Okay, if we are doing this, let’s talk about his style. He’s not that great a wrestler. His takedowns have been stuffed by almost every opponent he’s faced. He can’t kick-box for crap, not if his life depended on it. If he tries to stand with me for even a second, I fear for his well-being. His ground and pound is crap. If he grounded and pounded me in my sleep he’d barely have enough power in his punches to wake me up. His subs are based on his strength; the technique is almost non-existent. He’s a good athlete and is strong, but I am so much stronger. I’m a different species than him. His subs just won’t work on me. Forget it, Fraggle. Knock me out? Too funny. People with glass chins shouldn’t throw stones. I don’t have a BJJ black belt, but I am sure I hit a little harder than Paulo Thiago, who almost decapitated Kos like a geek in a horror film. Thiago is a tough dude and a top contender I would love to fight, but the black and white of it is he’d never scored a knockout before he sparked Kos out and he’s not scored one since. It’s a trivia question: 'For 10 points: Name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago?'"

thats alot of smack talk to back up,how do you lot think this one is going to go?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill Empty Re: Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:On May 8th Paul "Semtex" Daley and Josh Koscheck will meet up in an a bout that could weigh heavilly on the UFC welterweight title picture, with the winner possibly getting a shot at Georges St. Pierre. Paul Daley recently talked about his thought on Josh Koscheck, and questions the former number one contenders skill:

"Okay, if we are doing this, let’s talk about his style. He’s not that great a wrestler. His takedowns have been stuffed by almost every opponent he’s faced. He can’t kick-box for crap, not if his life depended on it. If he tries to stand with me for even a second, I fear for his well-being. His ground and pound is crap. If he grounded and pounded me in my sleep he’d barely have enough power in his punches to wake me up. His subs are based on his strength; the technique is almost non-existent. He’s a good athlete and is strong, but I am so much stronger. I’m a different species than him. His subs just won’t work on me. Forget it, Fraggle. Knock me out? Too funny. People with glass chins shouldn’t throw stones. I don’t have a BJJ black belt, but I am sure I hit a little harder than Paulo Thiago, who almost decapitated Kos like a geek in a horror film. Thiago is a tough dude and a top contender I would love to fight, but the black and white of it is he’d never scored a knockout before he sparked Kos out and he’s not scored one since. It’s a trivia question: 'For 10 points: Name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago?'"

thats alot of smack talk to back up,how do you lot think this one is going to go?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

great stuff from paul, i hope he knocks Josh out.

i think he should be insulting his striking at every oppertunity, more chance the egotistical Koscheck will risk standing with him, and that could only end one way IMO.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill Empty Re: Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:07 pm

this is what koscheck has to say

Josh Koscheck is blogging on the UFC website leading up to his bout with Paul Daley at UFC 113 on May 8th in Montreal and in the following piece of the top ranked welterweight talks about Daley:

"The way I see it, Paul Daley is just a guy that just likes to talk trash and he’s a one-dimensional fighter. Those guys are from the old days – like the one-dimensional wrestler or the one-dimensional striker. Those days are over, and you’ve got to become a complete mixed martial artist. But I was at that point once. I was a one-dimensional wrestler, and coming from The Ultimate Fighter days, if you look at the evolution of Josh Koscheck, I’ve changed and I’m excited about the transition I made and the sacrifices I made to get here. I can submit guys, I can knock guys out, I can head kick guys, and I’m not gonna have a problem standing toe-to-toe with Paul Daley. He’s not gonna hit me with anything I haven’t been hit with."

"So it’s gonna be an exciting fight, and the fans are gonna be tuning in because they just never know what Josh Koscheck’s gonna do. Is he gonna strike? Is he gonna throw Paul Daley on his head and choke him out? Is he gonna ground and pound him? Or is he gonna mix it up and head kick him? There are so many ways that I can finish a fight, and I’m a fighter."

"As for Daley, this guy has only one chance on May 8th and that’s a puncher’s chance. He hasn’t fought anybody like me, that’s for sure. I can guarantee that this fight won’t go past the second round. It will probably end in the first, but I may carry him to the second round."
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:
    "So it’s gonna be an exciting fight, and the fans are gonna be tuning in because they just never know what Josh Koscheck’s gonna do. Is he gonna strike? Is he gonna throw Paul Daley on his head and choke him out? Is he gonna ground and pound him? Or is he gonna mix it up and head kick him? There are so many ways that I can finish a fight, and I’m a fighter."

suuuuuuuuuuuuureee....... flower

nothing to so with Shogun/Machida rematch.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:19 pm

I would love to see a Semtex KTFO here, but do we really want to see a GSP-Semtex fight? So soon after the Hardy fight....

Although being a TUF coach would help give Semtex alot exposure and make him more marketable he is a very exciting fighter. Just dont think he's ready for GSP next.

But politics aside, this should be a fun fucking fight. (As Dana would say)
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm deffinitely with you on this one,I hope Daley knocks him out cold.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm looking forward to this fight, should be great matchup. Kos is clearly bluffing BTW, he didn't stand with Rumble who is nowhere near the level of Daley standing up.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm really hoping Daley puts a beating on Kos but I have a feeling Kos will go back to basics for this fight and it could turn out to be very similar to the Evans-Silva fight.

I just hope Daley has improved his defense on the ground like his training partner Hardy showed us,then if he gets a chance to land like Silva did on Evans in the 3rd,I'm hoping Kos wont survive and is laid out staring into space with his legs stiff and his toes curled.

Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill 4bf935fb4ef3e41c
    Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill A6659d4c9c6b3944
    Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill 6555362f49894850
    Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill 56157116944d29c0
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm

i hope Daley gets the ko here but cant see it happening think kos gets the eatly takedown and eventually pounds him out
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:33 pm

I really want to see KOS get KTFO, and I kinder wonder since Daley trains with Hardy he must have some sort of takedown defence and wrestling. I know he got dominated by GSP but he is fairly decent to defend shoots and takedowns??
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Why would he have good takedown defence training with Hardy?

Daley's takedown defence is actually pretty decent but I don't how he is going to handle a top notch wrestler like Kos. On the ground he is pretty poor, thats where he needs to improve and its possible he has.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:57 pm

I personally feel Hardy has pritty good takedown defence, I can def see Kos takeing Daley down at some point in the fight just hope they aren't down there for too long...

I'd like a toe to toe but Kos is never going to risk that!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Paul Daley Talks Josh Koscheck, Questions His Skill Empty Latest from Semtex' blog.....

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon May 03, 2010 12:23 pm

I’m packing my gear and ready to fly out of England. In case you haven’t heard, it is Fraggle Hunting Season in Canada, and I’ve packed a ton of Semtex in my suitcase to blow that critter away. Some people think it is cruel to hunt Fraggles - and they are on the endangered species list - but like rats they are actually vermin with weird dirty hair and they have to be exterminated before they breed.

The Fraggle and I did a conference call with the media together last week, and we got into a bit of ‘he said/she said’ over how the fight happened. Bit embarrassing, really. Truth is, Koscheck’s manager called me out to Joe Silva, and I accepted. That’s cool, I am happy to fight a top contender, that’s what I am all about. No big deal.

I know Koscheck is afraid of me. I know he is. Kos was actually in my training room for my first UFC fight against Martin Kampmann, making a load of noise. He’s a major irritant to everyone around him and everyone just wanted him to leave.

After I thumped Kampmann, he went totally quiet around me. I knew then he was scared. I also tried to say “Hi” to him backstage after I knocked out Dustin Hazelett at UFC 108, but he pretended he didn’t see me. Again, I could tell he would rather have a root canal done than be around me. I just laughed to myself.

His attitude just sucks. I can talk some crap, yeah, but most the time it is just to give the fans – and myself – something to laugh at. I don’t take myself too seriously. My teammates at the Rough House - Dan Hardy, Ross Pearson, Andre Winner and all the boys - we make fun of each other all day long. Some days it is Dan’s turn to get it in the neck; sometimes it is my turn to get the abuse. It’s funny, it is cool and you learn not to take yourself too seriously.

Kos is the kind of guy who thinks he’s a superstar and expects to be the centre of attention. How many times did he talk about himself in the third person in his blog?

On the media call, Koscheck said he hasn’t seen any of the forums where the fans – British, American, Canadian, Australian, whatever – have been photoshopping him and ripping him. He said he doesn’t read the internet, and doesn’t read newspapers either.

What was the point of geeking it up at university if he didn’t even learn to read? Or is it really like it is in the movies, where if you are a good athlete they get the treasurer of the Star Trek Club to do your homework for you?

One club Kos was clearly a member of at college was the Drama club. Did you see his performance v Anthony Johnson? Kos should be the one getting into acting, not Rampage. His acting like a mortally injured fighter against Johnson was Oscar winning stuff.

Way better than his early work on ‘Fraggle Rock’.

I just hope the referee doesn’t fall for his ‘I’ve been poked in the eye and taken an illegal knee’ BS once I rock him. And I will rock him with my first shot. I will walk through a thousand of his right hands which he throws from his behind his arse, land one and say goodnight.

I’m looking for a clean, nice, sharp KO.

And after I knock him out, all of you are invited to my after party and, if you get my meaning, we can all ‘Dance our cares away, worries for another day, and let the music play!’
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon May 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Legend! love his banter, love his swagger and will love him more if he shuts KOS up for good!!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon May 03, 2010 11:52 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I was a one-dimensional wrestler, and coming from The Ultimate Fighter days, if you look at the evolution of Josh Koscheck, I’ve changed and I’m excited about the transition I made and the sacrifices I made to get here. I can submit guys, I can knock guys out, I can head kick guys, and I’m not gonna have a problem standing toe-to-toe with Paul Daley. He’s not gonna hit me with anything I haven’t been hit with."

His overconfidence in his striking will be his downfall. He can't seriously believe this Very Happy
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue May 04, 2010 1:52 am

I think he probably will stand and trade, afterall he stood with Thiago Alves. And only really attempted a takedown when he was rocked.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 am

I doubt he will for long to be honest, maybe just to feel him out, but he says in his latest blog he's gonna choke him out in round one after throwing him around a bit.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu May 06, 2010 1:29 am

Daley accused Koscheck of sucking dick in college:

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 am

Semtex has done a "Sonnen" over the last few weeks. If he gets the job done on Saturdaay it could pay off very well for him.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu May 06, 2010 3:43 pm

What I want to happen is KOS goes for a take-down, Daley smashes him in the face with an uppercut counter Kos goes to sleep... there would then be much rejoicing!!! hooray!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

I must say Daley is pretty annoying. He is edging towards Bispings ego and away from Hardy's, which isn't a good thing. Hardy does it to a reasonable degree and is tolerable but Daley is just annoying now. I don't even like Koscheck but if he beats Daley- good.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Your hoping Kos beats Daley because Daley is arrogant and disrespectful?? Question
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Arrogance is fine, there are a few fighters I like who are pretty arrognant but normally my favourite fighters are humble (GSP and Franklin).

But what I can't stand is when people bring in people's personal life into shit, when there is no reason to do so. Daley clearly started this shit and talking about Kos sucking dick and all of that is bullshit. Chances are Kos doesn't suck dick, but that a good way to offend a lot of gay people quickly. I lost a lot of repsect for Tito when he started talking about Liddell being an alcholic, what a dick move. Daley has been like this for a long time, he called Condit a pussy after he suffered a legit injury and after he KOed Hazelett, he stood over him and acted like a dick.

I don't like Kos either, he pisses me off as well, but atleast he never brings personal shit into things. The only thing in recent memory that Kos has done to piss me off is talking about how "white people" aren't athletic and that shit, right before losing to GSP, who is a much better athlete. But other than that, he talks a little trash but nothing too serious.

When you look at Sonnen when he talks, he is never really disrespectful, he just likes to piss people off.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Didnt Kos call the 2 girls "Dog shit" when they got fired, when they said said Kos was faking against Rumble?

Speaking of trash talking you guys should check out Rampage and Rashads twitter messages over the last few weeks. Laughing There is some great one line put downs there.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Oh ye that fucker got rid of that hot blond girl Evil or Very Mad Dick. But to be fair, they really had no business talking about that shit. They are there for eye candy, not for opinions Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:17 pm