THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament Empty Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Josh Barnett, former UFC champion and Pride Fighting star, hasn't fought in the U.S. since failing a drug test in 2009. That was his third time to be popped for steroids by an athletic commission testing regime.

He remains unrepentant and denies having cheated, but he does think other fighters are up to no good as he told Ariel Helwani:

"I think everybody is doing whatever they can to get an edge on their opponent, no matter what, be it taking anything whether it's illegal or legal. Is it working? I don't really know. I don't think so. I wouldn't know (a percentage of fighters using PEDs) and even if I did I wouldn't say even if I did. ... I'm a big proponent of 'What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.' I'm no snitch. But I fought when there wasn't regulatory bodies, and I fought guys who were way jacked to the gills (on steroids). I never cared - I just fought them anyways. I don't care what pill you take or what shot or what new supplement or what diet you do. There's only so much of anything that can really ever help you, and the rest of it is whether you've got it or you don't."

Barnett also responded to critics who say that his half of the Strikeforce tournament bracket, which features Andrei Arlovski, Sergei Kharitonov, Brett Rogers and Barnett is weak:

"Ain't none of these guys gonna roll over for me. A guy like Kharitonov or Arlovski, Brett Rogers - none of those people are going to let me past them, for sure. I don't know if they want it as bad as I do, but I know that they want it as bad as however they do. They want to be the champion. So I'm going to expect everybody to show up and fight me with the best them that they've ever been, because they want it bad enough."
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament Empty Re: Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament

Post  the_king Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:12 pm

i was hoping that fedor and reem would be in seperate brackets to try get them two into the final.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament Empty Re: Josh Barnett talks PEDS, Strikeforce tournament

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

At first glance I misread the title of this article as "Josh Barnett takes PEDS, Strikeforce tournament". Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:55 pm

I think Barnett is going to be in the final unless he makes a mistake. I think his side of the draw is perfect for him.

I want Barnett-Fedor in the final. It's the real dream fight. Should have happened in Pride, should have happened in Affliction, now it has to happen.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:35 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    I want Barnett-Fedor in the final. It's the real dream fight. Should have happened in Pride, should have happened in Affliction, now it has to happen.

Agree with you 100% there

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:51 pm