THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !! Empty Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !!

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm

WAMMA heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko has revealed he’ll look to do a deal with Antonio “Big Foot” Silva if he can’t come to an agreement with former UFC contender, Fabricio Werdum sometime soon over a fight in June.
    Speaking via SportBox.ru, Fedor said:

“I have no intentions leaving M-1 Global. We have a very good partnership, so I don’t see any reasons why I should break-up my current deal with that organization. My next opponent will be Fabricio Werdum. We are currently negotiating with his team, but if something goes wrong we will try to reach an agreement with Antonio Silva.”

With the likes of Alistair Overeem and Josh Barnett ahead of “Big Foot” in the rankings and offering to face the Russian in the near future it seems strange that Fedor has earmarked the former EliteXC champion as his next opponent. On top of that Silva is set to face Andrei Arlovski on May 15th in St. Louis Missouri so any possible fight wouldn’t take place until the third quarter of the year

I find this comment quite strange as Bigfoot is step down from Werdum (who most poeple think is not a good opponent for Fedor). And also Big Foot is fighting in May, so that fight would be a good few months away, im suprised he didnt call out Overeem/Rogers winner or Barnett in Japan or something......
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !! Empty Re: Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 pm

I think Bigfoot should have beat Werdum he just pulled a Gonzaga and choked, Bigfoot is a seriously underrated tallent, A drop in rankings from Werdum but id much rather see Fedor fight him. It would make for much better viewing. I seriously think Bigfoot KO's Werdum in a rematch.

But I take the point its a rediculously low ranked Fighter for Fedor to even consider, then Again Anderson Silva fights Irvin and nothing much gets said!

Fedor needs to catch himself on, he needs to fight the best.

Fedor is starting to loose a lot of support with these antics.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !! Empty Re: Fedor wants too fight Big foot if Werdum, fight doesnt get finalised soon !!

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah Ben your thinking along the lines that Bigfoot is bigger treath than Werdum stylewise, and i would agree with you.

But still there has been alot of talk over last few weeks about should Fedor still be no.1 if he keeps avoiding higher ranked guys in UFC, and by taking the bigfoot fight (well outside top10 and top15 in some rankings) he wont be doing himself much favours.

I really dont think he cares about what others think though....
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I honestly don't give a shit who he wants to fight anymore.

I just want to watch him fucking fight now and so does he, I hate his management but he is a once in a lifetime kind of fighter and he is enjoying what he wants. Ofcoarse I would love for him to fight the best but anyone will do right now. Werdum is a tough opponent, Ben I seriouly think you underestimate him. His BJJ is outstanding, one of, if not the best BJJ prtactioners at HW. Decent striker and a good chin as well, he was top 5 before JDS upset him. Plus he is a big HW as well, much bigger than Fedor.

He could still do good against some of the UFC HWs, him vs Mir could be an intresting fight.

Overall, Fedor should beat him easily but Werdum isn't just some guy. If Fedor wants to grapple with him then it should be competitive for a while.

The fights I really want to see are Fedor vs Barnett or Overoid, actually both but lets just see the guy fight.

I can see why people can get annoyed with Fedor but he is a very loyal guy, and extremly loyal to M1 which is a shame for everyone but as long as he fights I will be happy.

I don't think his ranking at 1 is any trouble right now, Rogers and Arvloski aren't jokes, Arvloski was 2 and Rogers was top 10 or just outside. On fighting ability he is a clear 1 and on record he still is 1. Past wins still count if you haven't lost for a very long time. At the end of the day Carwin has one really big win as does Lesnar (and I must admit I am a big fan of Brock Lesnar Embarassed ), both against Mir. What do you think would happen if Fedor fought Mir? I like Mir as well but that would last a round with Mir get KOed again.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:44 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:
    WAMMA heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko has revealed he’ll look to do a deal with Antonio “Big Foot” Silva if he can’t come to an agreement with former UFC contender, Fabricio Werdum sometime soon over a fight in June.
    Speaking via SportBox.ru, Fedor said:

“I have no intentions leaving M-1 Global. We have a very good partnership, so I don’t see any reasons why I should break-up my current deal with that organization. My next opponent will be Fabricio Werdum. We are currently negotiating with his team, but if something goes wrong we will try to reach an agreement with Antonio Silva.”

With the likes of Alistair Overeem and Josh Barnett ahead of “Big Foot” in the rankings and offering to face the Russian in the near future it seems strange that Fedor has earmarked the former EliteXC champion as his next opponent. On top of that Silva is set to face Andrei Arlovski on May 15th in St. Louis Missouri so any possible fight wouldn’t take place until the third quarter of the year

I find this comment quite strange as Bigfoot is step down from Werdum (who most poeple think is not a good opponent for Fedor). And also Big Foot is fighting in May, so that fight would be a good few months away, im suprised he didnt call out Overeem/Rogers winner or Barnett in Japan or something......

its not like he is going after the easier opponents, he is just smart enough to have a plan b (after the barnett fiasco)
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:51 pm

just think he should have a better plan b.

Overroid is available, Barnett in Japan, etc....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:37 am

Over-Roid is not available. He's booked in a main event and signed to fight. The Big Foot-Arlovski fight hasn't been signed yet so both are available. He already put Arlovski to sleep. Big Foot is a top 10 calibre HW. His daft ban dropped him down because he had to go to Japan and fight cans instead of fighting quality. He lost a close fight to Werdum who is an excellent fighter. That's the real Werdum, not the one that fought JDS.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Having Bigfoot as a backup is fine, he is pretty underated. He has a solid ground game, an akward striking stance and the size to cause problems. Probably wouldn't last more than two rounds with Fedor but he is solid top 15 right now, and at his best top 10. As a backup, thats pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am