THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Werdum sends a message to Fedor !!

Poll

Is Werdum the biggest threath to Fedor outside the UFC?

[ 1 ]
    Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_lcap14%Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_lcap14%Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_lcap71%Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_lcap0%Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! Empty Werdum sends a message to Fedor !!

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:58 pm

(Skip to 4 min mark if you are not interested in the interview)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Werdum sends a message to Fedor !! Empty Re: Werdum sends a message to Fedor !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Cant watch it in work but I dont see Werdum having anything to offer, he is a poor mans Nog, Worse Chin, Worse Standup, Worse BJJ, Less Experiencs... Dont see what he has to trouble Fedor. That and he isnt even a big heavy, Fedor will throw him about and Knock him senceless....

Barnett and Overeem are bigger threats. I honestly believe Overeem has more chance, I cant see Barnett Lay and Praying Fedor which is his only hope but Its not impossible to think Overeem could land the KO blow... Ive always said a Huge striker like Overeem has at least a punchers chance, I dont see anyone having better than a punchers chance!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Worse chin, and less experience yes i give you that. But worse BJJ than Nog, nope cant agree, i think Werdum is better there. And as far as the stand up goes, Werdum has never been great in that department but he has improved alot over last few years. Nog is not too good at stand up either.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 pm

I just can't see any way for Werdum to win this, Fedor beats him in every department. My prediction is a KO in the first or second round, I'm not sure if Fedor will be too keen to take this to the ground, considering his superior stand up...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Worse chin, and less experience yes i give you that. But worse BJJ than Nog, nope cant agree, i think Werdum is better there. And as far as the stand up goes, Werdum has never been great in that department but he has improved alot over last few years. Nog is not too good at stand up either.

I dont think Fedor is in any danger of getting Subbed my Werdum, Werdum couldnt even take him down, Fedor will steamroll him I think. Styles make fight and when 1 fighter can beat you in nearly every department you have a real uphill battle on your hands.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:04 pm

I agree that Werdum has very little chance if any to beat Fedor, Overeem probably can beat Fedor by KO, as long as doest get hit first. Overeem size will give Fedor some problem like in Rogers fight, except Overeem is much better grappler and Striker than Rogers.

Rogers and Werdum arent the best opponent are they for no.1 Fedor, after he didnt join the UFC. But its the best Strikeforce can offer him at the moment. I think in a couple more years time, the UFC will dominante the HW with or without Fedor. The UFC HW division has improved exponentially in last few years, and they are going about the right way by signing some young prospects to build them up into stars.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Outside UFC, Overeem and Barnett are the two best fights for Fedor... Werdum and Rogers are probabally on the level below in terms of being a threat!

Bigfoot would have had a better shot at beating Fedor if he hadnt choked in the Werdum fight. Maby SF will talk Aleks into fighting him!! lol! Its hard to imagine who would be a threat to him. Your right the UFC has a growing Hw devision with some real Depth in it and some great up and commers.

If Fedor beats Werdum, Overeem and Barnett theres nothing for him competition wise at Heavy or Lhw! Maby Monson can string togeather a few wins and be a passible opponent or Bigfoot could beat Rogers (Or Arlovski/Sylvia if they came to SF) outside that Lashley may get his shot with a handfull of wins.

Contenders to fight Fedor are really running thin.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 pm

i dont know what Nog has that Werdum hasnt got?

heart would be the only thing, but thats subjective.

grappling? - in mma? equal, in grappling Werdum.

striking? - Werdum is probably more powerful and harder to hit, Nog has better technical offense. Equal.

chin? - would automatically say Nog, but they have both been KO'd only once and they were both terribly out of shape at the time, the only difference is Werdum was KOd by a monster shot from a guy who is known to have grenade fists.

that said, i think Fedor will handle him.

Barnett is the best fight for Fedor followed by Overeem.
    Maybe Overeem has a higher chance of winning, but Barnett is a higher calibre fighter, better experience, better wins. I'm not looking to see Fedor lose, im looking to see him fight the best fighters, of course i want to see both fights.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 am

Nog has some pretty good judo as well so it makes him a more diverse grappler. Werdum's level of BJJ is probably higher in grappling contests.

But either way Werdum is too one dimensional to trouble Fedor, I think a TKO in the second.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:11 pm