THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
the_king
Albion_Oakley
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
13 posters

Find Anderson a propper opponent!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Find Anderson a propper opponent! Empty Find Anderson a propper opponent!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Wow look at the betting odds from some of the cans Anderson has faced...

Anderson Silva -650/Demian Maia +600 (4/10/2010)
    Anderson Silva -280/Forrest Griffin +305 (8/8/2009)
    Anderson Silva -491/Thales Leites +475 (4/18/2009)
    Anderson Silva -500/Patrick Cote +525 (10/25/2008)
    Anderson Silva -450/James Irvin +475 (7/19/2008)

Maia was a bigger underdog than any of them! Anderson completley outclassed all these guys with minimal effort. Dan Henderson has been the only decent fight he has had in years, Franklin was a good fight also and a good win, Nate was a passible fight but he wasnt the best around abck then.

Since he has been in UFC there have been any number of passible fights for him as a top contender willing to fight at Any weight he can Physicall make.

UFC need to srart considering Catchweight fights or Heavyweight fights, Even a fight with Alves would have been 10X more copetitive and exciting!! Theres no reason they couldnt have had Anderson vs Couture or even Anderson vs Toney at Lhw or Hw!!!

Anderson is showing UFC he is bored, he didnt even have to try to beat a guy like Maia. I think UFC need to think carefully about putting Anderson in with sub par opponents, Wrapping in Anderson in cotton wool and giving him easy fights was UFC's own doing, Anderson didnt choose to fight lower ranked fighters.

Silva is bored and toys with this level of fighter, what is stopping UFC putting him in with someone who will make a fight of it. No matter who his next opponent is as long as long as they are agressive and have more heart than Maia or Leites and wont shy away from a fight because got forbid they get KO'd.

OK so who are your fights for Anderson?

Toney
    Couture
    Lesnar/Carwin looser
    GSP (177.5lbs)
    Shogun

Thats 5 "Superfights" that should keep him entertained, who would people like to see him against?

Also I as ive said over and over the fight with Belfort need to happen as well. So theres my 6 fights Id want to see him in.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Find Anderson a propper opponent! Empty Re: Find Anderson a propper opponent!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Dana won't allow GSP to fight him at any weight other than 170 because he knows what will happen.

Belfort won't be a challenge unless he lands in the first 90 seconds. Belfort probably won't even got a shot anyway. Sonnen is next in line, when Vitor comes back i expect him to fight Nate, i think Nate will beat him.

Silva would beat Couture with ease. I don't think that one is really an option

Lesnar/Carwin could be interesting. But can't see Dana letting it happen. Silva has been walking around at like 195. Both of those two outweigh him by nearly 100lbs.

Toney could be interesting just because at least he'd want to keep it standing. Silva would kick him to death though.

Shogun is the best fight off of the ones you've mentioned. I think the other fights that would be great for him are outside the UFC. Fedor obviously. Overeem-Silva would be great and Mousasi of course.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:41 pm

LESNARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am no Lesnar fanboy but i really want Brock to beat the crap out of him Very Happy
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Vitor has recovered super quick from his injury, i think he is ready to go now. Vitor will either get a shot at Anderson, or fight Sonnen for no.1 contender while Anderson fights at 205 or whatever.

Anderson cant make 170, he should not be dropping down anyway, GSP is the one that needs to step up to make the "superfight" happen.

Why were the commentators saying that if Anderson won he fights GSP at 170 next? It is far from finalised and it was just a suggestion Anderson said before the fight. Remember he also said he wants to fight Mir 12 months ago !!!!!!

I hope he fights Shogun next, but the problem is if (when) Shogun wins the title, they might have promised Rampage a title shot if he beat Rashad.
    Infact i know Dana has said the winner at 114 gets a title shot next.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Rashad will beat Rampage and then fight Machida and get knocked out again. (But Dana's promises of title fights mean fuck all. There is a list of fighters that were promised title fights and didn't get them.)

Leaving Shogun free to fight Silva.

Belfort vs Sonnen to become number 1 contender, which would prove once again that Dana is full of shit and that his promising fighters title matches are a prime example of why.

Silva has fought at 170 before and if he thinks he can make it, then he can make it. UFC wouldn't let him fight Mir because they were afraid he would embarrass Mir.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm

What about the looser of Rampage V Rashard??? Either of them would be a superfight!!!!

Does anyone genuinely think Aderson will step up to HW? Would he keep his speed and elusiveness???

I know its probably never gonna happen but I would love to see Cain Vs Anderson at HW just to see Cain going after him, there would be none of this stamping his feet and waving at cain to come closer thats for sure!!!!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Which is why i think Shogun will defend his title against Rampage-Rashad winner. And Anderson fights Belfort next. Sonnen was promised to fight the winner of Anderson-Belfort unfortunatly for him he has too wait a bit longer. Sonnen is running for office anyway so he could make use of the time off or he can take another fight to keep himself busy.

GSP has a better chance at 170 than 185, i just think the cut will take too much out of Anderson, he looks pretty lean at 185 as it is, and looked to have been taking its toll on him in the last 2 rounds. Or he could have just have been fucking around, who knows what the prick was thinking and doing last night.

Anyway i bet my house on Anderson fighting either Belfort/Sonnen/Shogun/Rampage/Rashad/GSP next. And all should be fun fights even the Sonnen one, he wont be getting down on one knee against Chael thats for sure...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Dana's not happy...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:09 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:What about the looser of Rampage V Rashard??? Either of them would be a superfight!!!!

Does anyone genuinely think Aderson will step up to HW? Would he keep his speed and elusiveness???

I know its probably never gonna happen but I would love to see Cain Vs Anderson at HW just to see Cain going after him, there would be none of this stamping his feet and waving at cain to come closer thats for sure!!!!!

Fucking right mate Id love to see him vs Cain, that is a great Idea. Cain has all the tools to beat him and the size difference isnt rediculous like the Lesnar fight, yeah Thats a great shout.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I think were all just desperate for someone to beat the shit out of Anderson now!!!!! Twisted Evil
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:32 pm

I know mate! I dont think he has ever been less popular. And I wish he would stop talking about boxing RJJ, beating RJJ means fuck all, Before Green done him in and BHOP showed him up maby but no one cares about RJJ in boxing now. I dont know why he isnt keen to fight Toney and stand with him, I think that would be a great fight although one Anderson would win.

Fuck it just give him Lesnar, ask him does he want a fight with Lesnar and make it happnen. Anderson getting KO'd by Multiple powerbombs would make my year...

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Can anyone imagine what Brock Lesnar would do if A Silva pulled that shit against him. I shudder to think about angry Lesnar would get.

Lesnar vs Silva is only good if you like to see a good mauling, which everyone does after yesterday. Ye I really want to see Lesnar go ape shit on his ass like he did to Mir.

But if you want a more competitive option, Shogun is a real possibility. If Shogun beats Machida, which could very well happen, then Team Blackhouse will look for revenge. I know Lil Nog is still in the question but I think Dana will put Shogun with Silva either at catchweight or for the title at 205. Thats a fight I really want to see.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 pm

GSP on Silva:

On moving to middleweight for the fight: "If I move up to middleweight, I would have to take some extra time to put some weight on. I can do it now, but if I want to do it, I want to do it for a championship. I don't want to just go there and fight and come back down."

On the potential drawbacks: "There is another thing to consider: If I move up, maybe I won't be able to come back down to defend my (welterweight) title. So it's a big decision to take. ... I would have to consider it and have a talk with UFC management and with my management and my trainers to see what's going to happen. It's not impossible."

On the fight happening at welterweight: "If he dropped to 170 pounds, probably. He fought a few years ago in Japan at 168, which is even less. So if he did, of course. It would be the biggest fight in UFC history, probably. It would be interesting."

On who would win: "There is only one way to find out."
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Find Anderson a propper opponent! Mm5pus
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Silva is losing sponsers right now, including Tapout.

Here is what Dan "Punkass" Caldwell thinks

"WTF is up with Anderson??? Glad we dropped him and I'd never sponsor him again!!!"

Thats part of his punishment for being a dick, now get Lesnar in there with him Twisted Evil

Legendary Gif Albion
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 pm

sadly I found it not made it lol. love it though.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 pm

sure you didnt find it on the post i made 9 minutes before you did? Evil or Very Mad

haha, anyway looks like the Kinnikuman top team forum (japanophiles.org) has the armbar trumped when it comes to GIF makers!

http://kinnikumantopteam.darkbb.com/forum.htm
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

you did? sorry man! but no, i didnt find it there lol
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Just saw your post now Embarassed
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:07 am

im just fucking sick of silva that was just shit last night, just think if abu dhabi turned around and said we wanted fighting not clowns to dana what would happen then.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 am

I must say I do feel sorry for the guy, love him or hate (which most people do) he puts a lot of effort into the UFC, it is his life. He worked extremely hard to get the UFC do Abu Dhabi, spent money, worked with difficult people and set up what looked like an excellent card with the "P4P best fighter" (my ass) in the main event. Silva just fucked everything up for him and the crowd were not happy, which is not good for a first time event in the country. Nothing to do with Dana's ego. I saw him get up from my seat and I can tell he was a furious man. Thats karma biting him in the ass for ignoring Fedor though Laughing

My biggest dissapointment was that GSP didn't come in after and say "Im not im-per-essed with your per-for-mance" V.2. meeting with him afterwards made up for it though Very Happy

Chesty, credit for finding that Gif, legendary Cool
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:25 am

i was looking forword to a great event but was left very dissapointed. i heard that dana may even demote silva to the undercard.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I must say I do feel sorry for the guy, love him or hate (which most people do) he puts a lot of effort into the UFC, it is his life. He worked extremely hard to get the UFC do Abu Dhabi, spent money, worked with difficult people and set up what looked like an excellent card with the "P4P best fighter" (my ass) in the main event. Silva just fucked everything up for him and the crowd were not happy, which is not good for a first time event in the country. Nothing to do with Dana's ego. I saw him get up from my seat and I can tell he was a furious man. Thats karma biting him in the ass for ignoring Fedor though Laughing

My biggest dissapointment was that GSP didn't come in after and say "Im not im-per-essed with your per-for-mance" V.2. meeting with him afterwards made up for it though Very Happy

Chesty, credit for finding that Gif, legendary Cool

Dana did fucking nothing. Fertitta put the deal together, Fertitta put his money up. The arab company that bought the stake in Fertitta's company are the ones that organized the event, built a stadium, sold tickets and did the publicity. All Dana did is what he normally does, run his mouth and count his money. Fertitta, the arab company and Joe Silva are the ones who deserve credit for putting everything in place.

He hasn't said a single word about the shambolic scoring of Penn-Edgar which shows how little he actually cares about the sport. All he cares about is money.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 am

redmeanie77 wrote:Which is why i think Shogun will defend his title against Rampage-Rashad winner. And Anderson fights Belfort next. Sonnen was promised to fight the winner of Anderson-Belfort unfortunatly for him he has too wait a bit longer. Sonnen is running for office anyway so he could make use of the time off or he can take another fight to keep himself busy.

GSP has a better chance at 170 than 185, i just think the cut will take too much out of Anderson, he looks pretty lean at 185 as it is, and looked to have been taking its toll on him in the last 2 rounds. Or he could have just have been fucking around, who knows what the prick was thinking and doing last night.

Anyway i bet my house on Anderson fighting either Belfort/Sonnen/Shogun/Rampage/Rashad/GSP next. And all should be fun fights even the Sonnen one, he wont be getting down on one knee against Chael thats for sure...

Silva-GSP will only be 3 rounds i'd imagine. I doubt it would be for the title because Silva won't stay at 170. A lot easier to train for 3 rounds than for 5.

Shogun defending his title?? Is he leaving the UFC and going to fight somewhere else where he might win a title?

You're a student, you don't have a house! Laughing
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Got to be Belfort next for Silva, then throw him in with Cain Velasquez.

Silva was a disgrace on Saturday, maybe UFC should consider bringing in a pride style yellow card system - I know quiet a few people who were watching saturday's event and it was there first experience of MMA - (was on at a reasonable time) - I have been trying very hard since then to explain to WTF that was all about.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am