THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Bispings next opponent

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Bispings next opponent Empty Bispings next opponent

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Is likely to be Dan Miller at UFC114, so i hear.

Miller is coming off a decision loss to Demian Maia, and we all know what happened in Bispings last fight.

What do you guys think of this match up? Do you see it as bisping getting a 'easier' opponent to build him up AGAIN, or is Miller a legitimate opponent who is realistically more on Bispings level that Wandy/Henderson?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bispings next opponent Empty Re: Bispings next opponent

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Miller is definatly legit, if Mike wins then it will be his biggest win in my opinion.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 pm

good fight for bisping i see him beating miller quite convinsingly
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:53 pm

For all of Bispings faults, I see this as a winnable fight for him. Miller isn't really known for his KO power (1 KO win in 14 fights, and that was a corner stoppage) and okay, Bisping may well have tapped against Wandys guillotine, but I could easily see Bisping grinding out an unconvincing decision win.

My problems with Bisping have always stemmed from the fact that he talks so much shit, but fails to back it up. He's an average fighter IMO, who's looked okay in patches, but will never make a top 10 fighter. As soon as he realises this, and stops all the shit talking, he will gain a lot more respect.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't know TBH. Miller has poor standup and very little power but so does Bisping. Miller however is excellent on the ground, very good BJJ. He has some good success in grappling tourtuemnts. Simply, Miller has to practice his takedowns to get Bisping down and submit him, and its not that difficult to do. For Bisping to win, he has to fight the way he did against Kang in the second round and Wandy in the first. He has pretty solid takedowns and from there he can do damage with knees and GnP, because his punches have no power behind them. This is a tough fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:49 am