THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+13
kavik2
alex6674
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
pinsman
hendos_right_hook
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
Albion_Oakley
redmeanie77
mikeyboybisping
Moose Stuff For Money...
17 posters

Bisping's Training Diary

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bisping's Training Diary Empty Bisping's Training Diary

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:58 pm

mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Bisping's Training Diary Empty Re: Bisping's Training Diary

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Wanderlai's shot, Bisping will destroy him.

Come on Mike!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 pm

When this fight was first announced i was sure Wanderlei would knock his head off, but doubts have started to come in to my mind and think we could see Bisping steal a Descion victory.

I would be gutted if it happens, we could very well see the fall of 3 pride legends at 110. Mad
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 pm

To be honest I see this fight very much as I did bisping vs hendo, its a matter of timing. The result depends on how much wanderlei is on the slide, if he has gone too far then bisping will beat him. Like I say though, I thought that about hendo, and he outclassed bisping still.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm sorry. I cannot see Mike making it out of the 1st round, let alone winning it. I too feel the same about this fight, as I did the Hendo fight. I cannot see Bisping hurting Wandy in the stand-up. I see Wandy catching a back-peddling Bisping and decking him. Whilst Bisping looked good from his back against Kang, Wandy will NOT let him off the way that Denis did. Wandy by vicious GnP 1st rd.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 pm

I cant see Bisping making it out of the 1st either. Its nice to see him showing respect for one of the greatest all time MMA fighers.. makes him a little less hateable.

Wanderlei is very beatable these days, ive said a million times all his boxing training goes out the window and the arms go up and far apart, cocked to throw right left hook combos... it makes him very easy to tag straight down the middle, Belfort exploited this and I dont think he has really refined his style since the Belfort fight.

But lets be real lads. Wanderlei is 1-1 with Hendo who battered Bisping. Looking at current form and Both Hendo and Wandy gave Rich Franklin a 50-50 fight... So we can assume the Wanderlei we saw against Rich would make short work of Bisping....

But Wanderlei wont be the same weight drained fighter we saw against Rich, Anyone who has saw Wanderlei recently can even see with a shirt on thart he has lost a lot of bulk, and will fit the 185lbs weight class perfectly. Technically Wandlerlei will still be the same I reckon, Bisping will be able to land a few shots at most down the middle Jab, straight then Wandlerlei will plow forwards and Mangle him. This will be a Quicker Wanderlei with great cardio, he wont gass like he did against Rich.

It be shocked to see anything but a 1 sided 1st round KO, The Bookies have Wanderlei as a massive favorite. 2010 will see Wand become a force in the 185lbs devision.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 pm

As long as Wandi can go all out for a round he'll win the fight. Powder-puff Bitchping isn't going to KO him so Wandi can be wreckless and go Chute Boxe style in search of that chin.

And when he finds it, fight over.

Bitchping hasn't a chance IMO. Not even a punchers chance. Unless he runs away from 3 rounds.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:04 pm

I've said this in the 2010 predictions thread, but I can see Bisping winning this. Don't want him to, but I think he could.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:57 pm

I think I want him to win... I'm a big Wandi fan but I want Bisping to win purely because he is british, and I think he deserves a break, I truely blieve he has matured and has learnt his lesson...
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Bisping is a good fighter, Wandy is a great fighter. Wandy has lost to Franklin, Rampage, Liddell, Hendo and Cro Cop. Which one of those wouldn't defeat Bisping inside two rounds?
    Franklin is a good way to show this fight, he gave both Hendo and Wandy 50-50 fights winning one and losing the other. Hendo procceded to destroy Bisping inside two rounds. Franklin himself would beat Bisping inside two rounds easily. Wandy will do the same.

Whats Bisping going to do? He isn't going to KO Wandy, he isn't going to sub him either, the only way he wins is by Decision. Bisping is not on the level Wandy ever was, Wandy should be back to his ways here. I could see a repeat of the Jardine fight or if not, finish in the second. Either way I think it will be a TKO.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:23 pm

remember before the Kang fight he said we would see the "old bisping" on a permanent basis from now on? and we ended up with an exciting fight where he got absolutley rattled in the first round!

If he continues this notion he will get blasted in highly entertaining fashion!

If he goes back to his JnP (jap and plod) tactics he will make it to round 2 before getting blasted in highly satisfactory fashion!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Im guna put my neck on the line and say Biping will win!!! ha ha ha Wandy will come out hard in 1 and 2 gas and Bisping will tickle him into submission in the 3rd TKO in the 3rd by Bisping!!
    alex6674
    alex6674
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  alex6674 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:44 pm

careful pinsman! don't you know the only rule of armbar is NEVER GO AGAINST EX-PRIDE FIGHTERS IN A POST?!!!!

btw, Bisping will ko Wandi and break some hearts on here, tko r1!

ok, so i said the same for the hendo fight......... Embarassed
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Ha ha notice the sarcastic essence in my posts though??
    alex6674
    alex6674
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  alex6674 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm

yeah bisping by tickle r3! is that with the feathers on his pillow fists?!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeh man, I would love to see Bisping do something great for the sake of MMA in this country but then again i'd also love Wandi to get back to his best.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:09 am

I dont get the love for Bisping, Chelsea has it 100%, Franklin, Hendo, Wandy are all on a similar level and all a level above Bisping.

Pinsman, who do Brithish people take about Bisping being some sort of Spokesman for British MMA? He hasnt ever been top 10, Daley and Davis are much more likeable, have much bigger wins to their name and are both easily top 10 fighter...

By the end of the year I guarentee there will be more than 2 Brits more highly regarded than Bisping.

If he was Irish I wouldnt hope for him, Slagging Hamill for being Deaf and the shit he talked about Hendo and the countless other times he was came across as an arsehole, coupled with the fact the isnt anywere near as good to watch as other Brits...

Daley, Hardy, Etim, Kelly theres 4 better Brits to watch than Bisping (Etim migth be be Brit that Overtakes him if he gets a big fight this year)

Im with Anfield on Bisping, he really seems to Irritate me. Anyway no harm in insulting ex-pride fighters, I think we have all called most of them shot at one time or another... the rule is just no insulting Wanderlei! Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:07 am

Here is a question, if Bisping wasn't English would you like him?

He isn't the right person to get England recognised as a top fighting country. His arrognace exceeds his fighting abilit by too much. I don't have a problem with being cocky but you have to back it up. BJ Penn is the probably the P4P most arrogant fighter out there but he backs it up every time. Last two fights he practically overlooked his opponents and laughed in KenFlo's face but he went out and dominated both guys.

There are a lot of other English fighters that are better, Hardy is better, Daley is better, Etim is better, Pearson is better and I think the English fighter with the most potentiol is infact John Hathaway. He has looked really good so far, destroyed Tom Egan, beat Rick Story who is a tough fighter and dominated Paul Taylor another tough fighter. At this stage of his career he is already taking and beating better fighters than Bisping was at his stage. At that point, Bisping was fighting Josh Haynes and Elvis Sinosic.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:40 am

Tried to post this last night, but my feckin internet's on the blink.

Ben's pretty much said everything I wished to say though. Bisping will never be more than an average fighter at best. His chin is weak and he has very little punch power. The likes of Etim, Kelly, Daley and Hardy all look better fighters (IMO).

See nothing but pain for Mike in this one. Even if Wandy is not the force of old. Could you imagine, Wandy knocking Mike down (as did Kang) and then giving him the same time to get sorted? I can't.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 pm

I know that Bisping isn't the most likeable personality, however I feel his ability is dismissed harshly because of that, IMO he beat Rashad Evans who is top 5 in the light Heavies within UFC, he can't be that bad. Hope wandi wins though.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm

kavik2 wrote:I know that Bisping isn't the most likeable personality, however I feel his ability is dismissed harshly because of that, IMO he beat Rashad Evans who is top 5 in the light Heavies within UFC, he can't be that bad. Hope wandi wins though.

Whilst you could argue that, Rashad took Mike down at will in that fight, and let's not forget that he won a dubious decision against Hamill. He has only really faced a couple of decent performers fullstop. Hamill - dubious decision, Evans - loss, Henderson - loss and Leben - win. Kang and Henderson have exposed Bispings biggest frailty in his chin. And for all of Mikes posturing, he spend 90% of the Hendo fight, running away. As I've said, I may be bias, but Mike is 2nd rate, at best, and is behind the likes of Daley, Etim and Hardy IMO.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Yes Bisping lost to Hamill and yes he has not faced stellar opponents, however it was a very close decision against Rashad who is right up there in the Light Heavies, I am not trying to say he is a top fighter, just feel the criticism can be over the top, probably largely due to his personality, he is a pr%ck at times.

I am a big fan of Etim, and Hardy and Daley are great and exciting to watch, and I do feel that British fighters are getting more of an opportunity because of Bisping ( reagrdless of whether you rate him or like him ) it still takes balls to do what he has done.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:01 pm

I will always hold my hands up to anyone who climbs in a ring/cage. I'm not some keyboard warrior that has nothing but criticism for those who do though. My objections are more to do with A)- Bispings attitude in earlier fights and B)- the way that he was spoon fed to the British public by UFC. As I've said many times, he is a fighter with little or no punch power and a vulnerable chin. Question - If this had of been the Wandy of old, how long do you think Bisping would last? 15secs? 30secs?
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Bisping against the wandi of old would have been knocked out at the stare down, think we agree in many ways to be honest, I am really not attempting to be argumentative, bisping has no punch power and he can be rocked, however some of the criticism I have seen on here is extremely harsh thats all I am saying. Yes he was given an easy ride to spread UFC in Britain, that wasn't his fault though and now we have a lot of British fighters competing in MMA which is great, yes it would have happened eventually anyway but Bisping competing and doing well in TUF certainly helped. He gave Rashad one of his toughest ever fights and he has now gone in with Hendo, Kang and Wandy in his last 3 fights.

Does anyone know who any of the brits other than Hardy, Daley and Bisping are fighting next? I really rate Etim, not seen anything on who he is fighting next though.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Bisping is seriously underated on here. He's awesome at middleweight only Henderson and Anderson Silva will cause him problems.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm