THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+11
wilksdaman
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
Heterocyclic
rudeboyben84
Raiden
sunthunder
rorymc7
redmeanie77
Toquinho
15 posters

Spolier...penn vs edgar

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Spolier...penn vs edgar - Page 3 Empty Re: Spolier...penn vs edgar

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am

i must admit i saw the marks on BJ's face and had no idea where they had come from, the other reason i was shocked was because i thought he was practically un-cuttable, i have never seen him marked up before, he took a beating against GSP and you would not have know it.

anyway i think the judges maybe gave an edge to edgar based on the ridiculous idea of "octagon control", his movement was dictating where BJ was for alot of the fight.....i guess.

BJ was sort of following him around, and i think they call that "octagon control".

the judges were rotten in general, all 5 rounds to Frankie?
    bizzare.

not to mention one judge gave all 5 rounds to Anderson affraid

were they paying attention during the 5th round? it was all Maia.

one judge scored it a draw i beleive because it said he won by majority decision.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Being dragged down by Hendo is something that happens to everybody if Hendo decides it is so. He was coming on double knee surgery against Lutter. He's a much better fighter now than he was then. He's also a far better mover than he was with fused knees. His takedown defense is very good. Let's see Sonnen, GSP or Shields try and take Silva down without getting sparked unconscious. Taking down T-Rex is one thing, Silva is much longer than Thiago, much quicker, has much better reactions and hits a whole lot harder.

Davis is the best wrestler in MMA right now, along with Mo. I think both of them can take ANYBODY down if they want. Both are much bigger and stronger than GSP and both are bigger and stronger than Anderson. Sonnen had trouble taking Maia down. One dominant performance against Nate and you're slobbering all over him. Let's see what happens when he gets punched in the face.

Lesnar was given nothing. Dana said to apologize to the sponsor and he did. That was it. Nothing more. And nothing will be done to Silva. Ed Soares is the most powerful man in MMA right now, regardless of what Dana thinks. And if Dana fucks with Silva, then he fucks with Soares who in turn will bend him over and fuck him right back. Look at Soares's stable of fighters. What happens if none of them fight for Dana anymore? You think the Fertittas will pick Dana over Silva, Machida, Both Nogs, JDS, Aldo etc etc etc?? Not on your life. Dana has been passed over many times before. All he is, is a mouthpiece.

BJ had two small marks on his face. That just proves he marks easier than Edgar. Nate Marquardt walked out of his fight with Sonnen with far less damage than Sonnen. Remind me who won?? The onus is on the challenger to beat the Champion, the champion doesn't have to beat the challenger. You always have to finish fights?? Somebody better alert your boy GSP.

What you do with Machida's dick is your own issue. Keep it to yourself you cringeworthy little man. Oh, and you are either lying about starting the chant or where you were sitting. Not sure which. Possibly both in fact. I do know you weren't "front row" as you initially claimed but you may have been at the front of where the general public tickets were seated but if you were then you didn't start the GSP chant

Really, since when? He didn't do it to Rampage or Palahres very well if memory serves me correctly. Anyway im not denying Hendo is a great wrestler, but if Silva had great takedown defence then he wouldn't get ragdolled like that. Koing someone before they can take you down doesn't mean you have great takedown defence, Silva could very well KO GSP before he gets to him. But if GSP gets a hold of him, he will take him down and so would the others. Slobbering over SOnnen? What? I think Silva would beat him but Sonnen is a great wrestler, almost olympic caliber and could take Silva down.

Soares got completely owned by Dana so he doesn't have as much power as you think. Soares is an unproffesional pussy who covers for Silva every chance he gets to keep making money. Just because he is the trainer, doesn't mean he can tell fighters where and where they can't fight, where the fuck do you even get this shit? If Randy has a fighter in strikeforce, would he pull him out because SF is the "enemy" No.

BJ is known for tough skin, very difficult to cut. Edgar has been cut before. Those shots were hard and telling and he gave BJ two mice under each eye. Very close fight, could have been 3-2 either way. The rest is pretty much bullshit that I can't really understand.

Even if BJ won, he deserves as much shit as GSP for not finishing a natural 145 pound fighter.

I don't understand the last thing either, I was sitting right next to the octagon, and no I didn't actually start the GSP chant, I was joking but when you called cheering for my favourite fighter "cringeworthy" (whatever that means) I responded.

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to inform you that just because I disagree with your hate-filled opinions, doesn't mean im retarded.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:37 pm

[quote="ChelseaQuinsfan"]

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to inform you that just because I disagree with your hate-filled opinions, doesn't mean im retarded.

dont bite dood, you know what they say about empty vessels Twisted Evil

Just dont visit here, you will just end up bumping into him again:

http://shop.cafepress.co.uk/dana-white?page=1
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Chesty can u please post all the judges scorecards ?

Im suprised Bruce Buffer didnt....
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Bulldog

Laughing

Buffer didn't post the scorecards because the UFC knew Silva lost a round. Possibly two. Maia clearly won the last round, he might have won the 4th. He didn't do anything, actually nothing happened in that round but atleast Maia was pushing forward. That way they can keep lying and tell the fans Silva has only lost one round which is clearly incorrect anyway.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Judge explains (defends) his decision for BJ Frankie fight

Experienced MMA judge, Douglas Crosby has been quick to defend the way he scored the UFC lightweight title fight between then champion, B.J. Penn and his challenger, Frankie Edgar, saying it’s a judges obligation to interpret a fight based on using the criteria as guidelines.
    Speaking via BleacherReport.com, Crosby said:

“So….Just returned from Abu Dhabi, and I haven’t been in my duplex more than 20 minutes, when the Doorman calls me on the intercom in a state of panic. Seems there are hundreds of moaning, howling ghouls in ‘RVCA’ and ‘Prodigy/Hilo Boy’ T-shirts surrounding the building like extras from “Zombieland’”

“It is a Judge’s obligation to interpret the fight and use the criteria as guidelines. But a fight is an observed event that does require interpretation, observation, wisdom. I’ve mentioned numerous times on other threads that the scoring criteria exist for a reason, just like the 10-point ‘must’ system exists for a reason; and that the scoring criteria are guidelines within which Judges arrive at a decision on a round-by-round basis.”

“In my considered opinion, Edgar dictated the tone of the fight, successfully implemented and executed a strategy, landed better strikes, and basically outworked Penn. I re-watched the fight in my hotel in Abu Dhabi and saw nothing that would influence me to score it any differently.”

“I support and encourage your right to criticize my scoring. And I forgive you for your attacks of both a professional, and, regrettably, personal nature.”

Controversy arose yesterday when FightMetric.com released their statistics on the fight, awarding rounds one, two and three to Penn, the fourth as a draw and the fifth and final round to Edgar. It is unclear whether the UFC will order an immediate rematch like they did with the Lyoto Machida vs. “Shogun” Rua fight last year or allow Edgar to defend against another highly ranked lightweight. Stay tuned to MMABay for more news on this as we get it.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm probably the biggest Penn fan on here IMO his shit shit smell like flowers, he is never in the wrong & ect.........but he lost the fight Edgar won the fight 48-47 Edgar in the last 2 rounds showed he wanted the fight more BJ looked like he didn't want to be there he ignored his corners advice in the last 2 rounds to to take the fight to the ground and just let Frankie dictate the fight.

Huge credit to Frankie I didn't expect him to win but did expect him to put a better fight than others had before him Frankie and his team came up with a cracking game plan to keep up a high pace and use his movement to unsettle BJ.

Sadly I don't see Edgar beating Maynard which is the likely next fight Gray is going to dry hump his way to the Title and become the most boring LW champion ever even more boring than Sherk Sad
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Spolier...penn vs edgar - Page 3 29xzzbp
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

i wonder if Penn will stick around for a rematch or head to WW. He probably deserves a rematch and is capable of winning, but he may feel this is a good time to seek new challenges in the divison above.

I personally want to see him use this as motivation and stay a lw and try to fully dominate the division again. One of the reasons for this is although Edgar is good, he might get beaten by Florian, who BJ has already beaten, or Maynard. I dont think anyone else in the division right now has the tools like Penn does do be a dominant champ.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Being dragged down by Hendo is something that happens to everybody if Hendo decides it is so. He was coming on double knee surgery against Lutter. He's a much better fighter now than he was then. He's also a far better mover than he was with fused knees. His takedown defense is very good. Let's see Sonnen, GSP or Shields try and take Silva down without getting sparked unconscious. Taking down T-Rex is one thing, Silva is much longer than Thiago, much quicker, has much better reactions and hits a whole lot harder.

Davis is the best wrestler in MMA right now, along with Mo. I think both of them can take ANYBODY down if they want. Both are much bigger and stronger than GSP and both are bigger and stronger than Anderson. Sonnen had trouble taking Maia down. One dominant performance against Nate and you're slobbering all over him. Let's see what happens when he gets punched in the face.

Lesnar was given nothing. Dana said to apologize to the sponsor and he did. That was it. Nothing more. And nothing will be done to Silva. Ed Soares is the most powerful man in MMA right now, regardless of what Dana thinks. And if Dana fucks with Silva, then he fucks with Soares who in turn will bend him over and fuck him right back. Look at Soares's stable of fighters. What happens if none of them fight for Dana anymore? You think the Fertittas will pick Dana over Silva, Machida, Both Nogs, JDS, Aldo etc etc etc?? Not on your life. Dana has been passed over many times before. All he is, is a mouthpiece.

BJ had two small marks on his face. That just proves he marks easier than Edgar. Nate Marquardt walked out of his fight with Sonnen with far less damage than Sonnen. Remind me who won?? The onus is on the challenger to beat the Champion, the champion doesn't have to beat the challenger. You always have to finish fights?? Somebody better alert your boy GSP.

What you do with Machida's dick is your own issue. Keep it to yourself you cringeworthy little man. Oh, and you are either lying about starting the chant or where you were sitting. Not sure which. Possibly both in fact. I do know you weren't "front row" as you initially claimed but you may have been at the front of where the general public tickets were seated but if you were then you didn't start the GSP chant

Really, since when? He didn't do it to Rampage or Palahres very well if memory serves me correctly. Anyway im not denying Hendo is a great wrestler, but if Silva had great takedown defence then he wouldn't get ragdolled like that. Koing someone before they can take you down doesn't mean you have great takedown defence, Silva could very well KO GSP before he gets to him. But if GSP gets a hold of him, he will take him down and so would the others. Slobbering over SOnnen? What? I think Silva would beat him but Sonnen is a great wrestler, almost olympic caliber and could take Silva down.

Soares got completely owned by Dana so he doesn't have as much power as you think. Soares is an unproffesional pussy who covers for Silva every chance he gets to keep making money. Just because he is the trainer, doesn't mean he can tell fighters where and where they can't fight, where the fuck do you even get this shit? If Randy has a fighter in strikeforce, would he pull him out because SF is the "enemy" No.

BJ is known for tough skin, very difficult to cut. Edgar has been cut before. Those shots were hard and telling and he gave BJ two mice under each eye. Very close fight, could have been 3-2 either way. The rest is pretty much bullshit that I can't really understand.

Even if BJ won, he deserves as much shit as GSP for not finishing a natural 145 pound fighter.

I don't understand the last thing either, I was sitting right next to the octagon, and no I didn't actually start the GSP chant, I was joking but when you called cheering for my favourite fighter "cringeworthy" (whatever that means) I responded.

No, that's not why you're retarded. But you say stupid things BECAUSE you are retarded.

First ten rows on one side were for press, first ten on the other 3 were for celebs, rich fat people who helped organize the event fighters, and the people who got comped tickets by Dana.

It was a horrendous performance from BJ. He should be ashamed of himself. But he still won the fight, and he still finishes far more people than GSP. His beatdowns of Stevenson, Sherk, Florian and Sanchez are the most dominant run of title defenses by anyone in the history of the UFC. More one sided than GSP's, without dryhumping AND he finished all of them.

BJ is not known for having anything of the sort. Don't be ridiculous. Tough skin?? He's not a fucking cow! BJ has marked up in a few fights. BJ easily won the fight. 3-1. 4th round was either BJ's or a draw. Mice are not cuts you clown. And i'm not surprised you can't understand.

Soares isn't the trainer either you fool. And trying to compare Soares relationship, privately and professionally with his fighters to that which Couture has with those that train at his gym is just ridiculous. Soares has never been owned by Dana and never will. Soares has more power than Dana and as long as THREE of his fighters hold Zuffa belts, and as long as a couple of other fighters that he manages and represents are prominent in the UFC then the Fertitta's will deal with him directly and Dana will be left out of the equation.

Hendo controlled and outgrappled Palhares. Who is an incredible grappler. He also beat Rampage in the grappling despite being about 25lbs lighter than him on fight night. Sonnen's shot is too slow to catch Silva. GSP is too small and his chin won't stand up to Silva's power.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:09 am