THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
payneNglory1
Once Mohawked Pete
efils_god
7 posters

Edgar V Penn III

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Edgar V Penn III Empty Edgar V Penn III

Post  efils_god Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Seems these two are lined up to coach TUF, and then fight at FW at the end.

Didn't see that coming!!

Thoughts??
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Edgar V Penn III Empty Re: Edgar V Penn III

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:21 pm

I wanted to see BJ move to FW, ever since WEC fighters came across. He'll have to get into shape and that can only be a good thing. It certainly adds a different slant to a third match up (as I couldn't see him beating Edgar at 155), there's so many good fights for him at that weight as well (IMO one of the deepest weight categories in the UFC), the more I think about it, the more it excites me actually.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:58 pm

This is one that came proper out of the blue,completely shocked by this announcement.

what will this be,he's will have fought in every MMA division apart from HW and BW,that's a crazy 60lb swing in weight classes Shocked 

I'm praying this will be a new chapter in BJ greatness,but I can't help doubting that he has the commitment to make 145 the right way,where he looks good,feels comfortable,and becomes a real force in that division and not just a one fight,lets see how it goes kind of thing.

I hope I'm wrong,but i'll be backing Frankie in another 5 rounder,as I think BJ is going to struggle conditioning wise at FW and will be dead tired after 3 rounds.

I hope he's been planning this while he's been out,and has already started working himself into some sort of condition,to prepare himself for it.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm

The 1 fight I wanted to see more than any other when the WEC fighters came over was Penn vs Aldo! If he can get motivated - which if he's prepeared to fight at 145 shows he is and is close to being 'the prodigy' again, then we could have the biggest fight in UFC history! Certainly a fight that would excite me more than any other (vs Aldo)

However having said all that, it's hard to forget his recent performances. Granted they've been against bigger guys at 170, but he's not done anything since knocking out Hughes which really doesn't count for much these days.

Frankie should win on points, but if the BJ that fought Sanchez turns up its his fight to win.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 pm

I don't think Penn is willing to train in the necessary manner to be competitive.

He deludes himself instead.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Really don't like the idea of this seems unnecessary especially for Frankie.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Cool to see Penn is putting in a propper training camp, a lot of the old stars are stuck in their ways, Shogun, Fedor etc.. refused to move with the times and cut to a more suitable weight class. I would have said Penn had a decent shot at 155 but 145lbs might kill him.

Anfield called him moving to 145lbs years ago but I never though he would make it down to Fw. No two ways about it Penn is better at lower weights, the Rory fight showed he has no business turning up at a pudgy 170lbs and taking on top fighters. Aldo and Barao are perfect training partners and I see him beating Frankie.

I still think he won the 1st fight and after that the fire went out and he stopped performing. I think since has has to be in the shape of his life to make 145lbs that can only be good for him.

If he can beat Edgar he could find himself in a number 1 contenders fight being such a big name in a devision with relativley few recognisable guys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm