THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+11
wilksdaman
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
Heterocyclic
rudeboyben84
Raiden
sunthunder
rorymc7
redmeanie77
Toquinho
15 posters

Spolier...penn vs edgar

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Spolier...penn vs edgar - Page 2 Empty Re: Spolier...penn vs edgar

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 am

One last thing, I'm sure Silva is not impressed by the blatant favouritism being shown to GSP by Dana. Dana won't risk GSP going to 185 and getting mauled but he'd be happy for Silva to drop to 170 where GSP might actually stand some hope. Pathetic. Maybe that played a part tonight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 am

"Thinks Maia might have broken his nose."

MIGHT? That nose was good and bust! Laughing

Anderson is a prick, he really disrespected Maia but Maia didnt diserve respect, ive more Anger towards Maia, At the end of the day Anderson Landed a flying knee, a few nice shots and stuffed TD's, threw spinning heel kicks, head kicks. etc.. so he didnt try to finish, he is the champ and if he wants to act a clown its his opponents fault.

Anderson was standing at punching ranger with his hands on his hips pulling faces and Maia did fuck all about it, he was shit scared to throw, Dana needs to talk about Maia being so scared of getting hit he ruined 4 our of 5 rounds himself, Anderson inflicted some damage and for the 1st 2 rounds was entertaining at times at least. Maia Ive no respect for, he had no intentions of winning this one, theres plenty of other Mw who would have took his place and made a fight of it.

Stick Akiyama or Belcher in there and overmatched or getting dominated or not they would go out on their shield as goldie puts it
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Im going to watch Penn vs Edgar again, I had a feeling Penn nicked it by a round but I hadnt scored it round by round. The 50-45 judge should be fired! Laughing Im not too annoyed because BJ did what he always does and looses focus. I think most of us on here see him as the most tallented guy in MMA. He is just a bit lazy!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:26 am

Yeah lads Penn won the fight for sure...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/event/Qe1ocQSp

He won 3 of the 5 rounds and drew, one, Even if you gavethe draw round to Edga, Penn still won 3-2. He did in fact get robbed by poor Judging.

Im not too fussed that he got robbed because at a glance it was a close enough fight. Also this means Penn might be able to fully commit himself to 170lbs. Maby as with Edgar cutting less weight will leave him with more energy. I hope Edgar sets an example. Im getting sick of Oversized fighters with 0 gas tank.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Fuck me some shockers today!!!

First of all Anderson dominated Maia, I know it wasnt good to watch but if the loosing fighter doesn not engage its more his fault. Im not defending Andersons actions im pissed off as everyone else but Maia didnt do anything, his punches were thrown from meters away, he had no intention on most of his strikes and just wanted to survive he has little better than Thales Leites. Anderson is pain bored in the Octogon Belfort would whatever people thing of him have pushed Anderson he wouldnt just cower away and be happy to survive for a second. It was like Clottley vs Pacquiao but 10X worse tonight, there is no shame in coming out all guns blazing and getting Forrest Griffined! You gotta question why a guy like Maia was in a title fight, Id have rathered see Anderson fight a journeyman heavyweight.

First of all, I see your point, I totally do. But there is a very obvious counter argument. If Maia obviously has nothing for him , why not come forward and try to finish the fight? Instead Silva clowned around and spent extended periods of time not throwing anything himself. Remember, this is a guy that the commentators ACTUALLY SAID WAS A JEDI earlier in the show. Does jedi-striking only work when the other guy charges at you with his chin in the air? give me a break. Silva should have cut him off and given him a drubbing if he had nothing to fear. If you can school someone, go ahead and school them.

Penn (discounting last night)- Utterly dominated opponents who he was on a higher level from, by, you know, actually fighting them rather than doing a wiggle dance or playing air guitar.

GSP- Is his style boring? to a lot of people, yes. Does he constantly engage his opponent and show how much better he is? Yes.

Machida- Was very stand-offish in his earlier fights and got a bit of grief from a lot of people for it, myself included. However, he never clowned anyone and as soon as he started knocking people the fuck out he turned it round. Yes his last fight was controversial, but at least it was a fight.

Lesnar- Runs his mouth outside the cage but is all business inside. If you put him in with, say, kimbo slice, would he spend 2 rounds shimmying and shouting come on? no, he would take him down and pound him out in a matter of seconds.

Matchmaking issues aside, Silva's conduct during the majority of last night's fight was a disgrace. If he took fights seriously and tried to finish them then he wouldnt repeatedly find himself at the centre of the shitstorm which he continues to create.

Finally, congratulations to Frankie Edgar. I missed the last round but had the fight 2-2 prior to that, so to say Penn was robbed is very harsh on Edgar. He showed excellent footwork and head movement, and I think not weight cutting did him a lot of favours last night. Massive congratulations to him, to be a 7/1 underdog and go out and give a close fight let alone win shows what the guy is made of.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:34 am

Albion_Oakley Surely Anderson was less to Blame though, he is a counterpuncher and was trying to get Maia to come and fight, Maia refused to engage, refused to do pretty much anything. If both fighters are being stand-offish Its the loosing fighter who is 100% at fault. And every round that was Maia. It took him 20mins of doing nothing to realise he had to attack more. And he attacked on the feet? why stay on the feet when you have lost the 20 prior mins on the feet.

Also Maia had done Muay Thai once a week before his camp for his fight, clearly very average on the feet so why didnt get charge in and get a hold of Anderson as oppose to plodding abpout after him on the feet? Because he was scared to get hit on the way in or because he has scared to get a knee while grappling. If you have lost 4 rounds trying the same tactics knock them on the fucking head!

Anderson won and Bored people but he won and he is champ. He isnt an entertainer he is a portsman, so whatever gets him the win he has the right to do.

Again I hate the guy for his style and lack of agression. An agressive figher with a high strike output is generally all I want from a fighter and he couldnt be more opposite these days, but he clearly isnt the one people need to be mad at as he was the one who did damage in the fight. Maia should have taken the Title fight if he didnt have the balls to make it a fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:35 am

also give me a bit of feedback on the rankings if you can mate, Cheers.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Albion_Oakley Surely Anderson was less to Blame though, he is a counterpuncher and was trying to get Maia to come and fight, Maia refused to engage, refused to do pretty much anything. If both fighters are being stand-offish Its the loosing fighter who is 100% at fault. And every round that was Maia. It took him 20mins of doing nothing to realise he had to attack more. And he attacked on the feet? why stay on the feet when you have lost the 20 prior mins on the feet.

Also Maia had done Muay Thai once a week before his camp for his fight, clearly very average on the feet so why didnt get charge in and get a hold of Anderson as oppose to plodding abpout after him on the feet? Because he was scared to get hit on the way in or because he has scared to get a knee while grappling. If you have lost 4 rounds trying the same tactics knock them on the fucking head!

Anderson won and Bored people but he won and he is champ. He isnt an entertainer he is a portsman, so whatever gets him the win he has the right to do.

Again I hate the guy for his style and lack of agression. An agressive figher with a high strike output is generally all I want from a fighter and he couldnt be more opposite these days, but he clearly isnt the one people need to be mad at as he was the one who did damage in the fight. Maia should have taken the Title fight if he didnt have the balls to make it a fight.

Again though if Silva is such a great counter striker why didnt he at least finish in the 5th when Maia was charging in throwing ludicrous wild hooks? he could have clinched up and kneed his face through like he did to Franklin. And thats the frustrating thing, everyone knows he can do it, he did it against Griffin, but instead he chooses to fanny about!

I agree Maia's tactics were confusing to say the least. I cant explain why he wouldnt at least try to fight to his strengths. but hey, he shouldnt have still been in there anyway

Not trying to start an argument, I just think Silva made a joke out of himself, especially in terms of P4P rankings.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:03 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:also give me a bit of feedback on the rankings if you can mate, Cheers.

Done, as far as I'm concerned your bob on there !
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:47 pm

I cant watch past the first round. Its cringe-worthy. What the hell was he playing at?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Im back home guys, it was a great atmoshpere in the crowd but more on that later.

First of all the main event. I don't know what Silva was doing, like I really have no idea what he was doing. Maia hit him with a shot and he acted it like it hurt, thats disrespectful whatever way you look at it. It was really wierd, I thought I'd had a little bit too much to drink, I was just confused. WTF was he doin? First two rounds were utter domination, he was hitting Maia at will and every hit that landed on Maia sent him flying. Maia looked very small in that fight.I agree with Ben as well, I was dissapointed in Maia. He can fight better than that but he looked way too scared till the last round and his takedowns were fucking pitiful. Hard to do when Silva is doing a Kalib Starnes but still they were very poor. Silva doesn't have great takedown defence at all, its called running away, Id like to see him defend a takedown against Chael Sonnen or GSP. Go away Anfield. Ok ofcoarse he was better than Leities, but thats not a compliment. Leitites put on the worst performance for a title match against anyone in any organisation. So Maia was better than Leities but he only started trading in the last round and even then he walked around puttting his arms like the world owed him an explanation. Fuck Silva and Fuck Maia, I want my money back for that main event Laughing

I saw Dana get up from my seat and just his facial expression told me he wasn't happy. He clearly has a right not to be happy, he has just organised one of the biggest events in the company's history and Silva fucked things up. He bored the crowd and they all turned against him, just because he was being a dick. I don't know what your whinging about now Anfield but Dana defintley had a right to be pissed off. If I was Maia I wouldn't have shook his hand after, I would have walked away. And Maia should have gone Nate Quarry on him after he started running away.

BJ vs Edgar, first of all Edgar won that fight. Anfield if you think BJ got robbed then you must still be as high as a girafffe's pussy from the those anesthetics. BJ didn't do shit while Edgar was constantly moving. You know a criteria that is always overlooked? Damage to an opponent, look at BJ's face and look at Edgar's face, Edgar clearly won that fight by 3-2 IMO. BJ landed better shots at first but they didn't do anything, while Edgar's shots did. Chesty you mentioned Edgar never had BJ in trouble or tried to finish the fight but what you forgot to mention is BJ never had Edgar in trouble and he never at one point tried to finish the fight. The fuck he was robbed, I wouldn't have been suprised at all if BJ was awarded the decision, but this was exactly like the Machia vs Shogun fight. One fighter edges the more popular fighter on the judges scoreboards so everyone throws a fit.

Congratulations Edgar, your a terrific fighter. Im so happy for him. The little man, who should be a FW against the seemingly unstoppable BJ Penn. He did it, he beat him. You know who that reminds me of? The man in my avatar. MAd props to Edgar, he is a champion.

BJ got everything he deserved. He overlooked Edgar coming in like that and was talking about fighting at 170 before the fight even started. Thats what you get.

Not much to say about Hughes vs Gracie. Hughes came in with a great gameplan and executed, although im suprised he didn't let his hands go a little earlier. Renzo looked like shit by the 3rd round but I found it pretty funnny how he asked Hughes to help him up.

Dos Anjos continues to improve, he looked excellent against Etim. I was suprised at that, he hasn't submitted anyone else, I think these BBs take some time to adjust to the octagon.

Munoz didn't impress me that much, his striking is poor. Grove was getting the better of him and dropped him before he fucked up like always. Munoz has some brutal GnP though.

Davis looked pretty good again but there is a lot of work for improvement. I think Gustafasson fought stupid, I don't know what he was doing trying to take Davis down.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I agree with everything ^^ just said. Except Shogun clearly won that fight of course.

I told you Davis would finish this fight, and in the first round and all....

It was a very impressive D'arce choke or was it an anaconda?? my stream was breaking up a bit for that fight.

Anderson was upset because Maia said he would submit if it went to the ground, Soares translated it as Anderson saying he was upset that Maia said he is taking Anderson arm home with him. But the portugese translation of Anderson wasnt the same.

The guy is an egotistical arrogant prick.

And kept swearing and cursing at Maia for the whole fight.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Albion_Oakley wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Albion_Oakley Surely Anderson was less to Blame though, he is a counterpuncher and was trying to get Maia to come and fight, Maia refused to engage, refused to do pretty much anything. If both fighters are being stand-offish Its the loosing fighter who is 100% at fault. And every round that was Maia. It took him 20mins of doing nothing to realise he had to attack more. And he attacked on the feet? why stay on the feet when you have lost the 20 prior mins on the feet.

Again though if Silva is such a great counter striker why didnt he at least finish in the 5th when Maia was charging in throwing ludicrous wild hooks? he could have clinched up and kneed his face through like he did to Franklin. And thats the frustrating thing, everyone knows he can do it, he did it against Griffin, but instead he chooses to fanny about!

I agree Maia's tactics were confusing to say the least. I cant explain why he wouldnt at least try to fight to his strengths. but hey, he shouldnt have still been in there anyway

Not trying to start an argument, I just think Silva made a joke out of himself, especially in terms of P4P rankings.

No mate I do completley understand the critisism that Anderson gets what would posess a man to taunt insted of punch or kick in a fight! It was a fight on the feet and Anderson wanted as little of the action as Maia for the most part. I just see Maia being more to blame as the loosing fighter. I just dont get the logic behing complaining and whining insted of going after Silva AT RUNNING SPEED! forget footwork defence everything, when you are 4 rounds down its time to stop getting made a full of.

Anyway maby now UFC will have a look at a few rule changes, Primeril an Angry Asain man in the ring shouting "ACTION" when he doesnt think the fight is violent enough! cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Chelsea how was the atmosphere? The Chants seemed seriously loud.... you didnt start that GSP one did you!! Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:41 pm

I forgot to add that Dan Mirgilotta is a dumbass as well. He warns Silva about not engaging 50 SECONDS from the end of the round. Why didn't he say that towards the end of round 3 and certainly in round 4?

DAvis finished with an Anaconda, very tight anaconda, that looked like it seriously hurt. Davis has huge arms, I met him a few days before at Virgin, the guy is massive.

I actually had a feeling that Soares covered up for Silva during the transaltion. I don't think thats what Silva really said.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm

FightMetric.com have released the numbers from the UFC 112 lightweight title fight which saw Frankie Edgar crowned the new 155 pound champion of the world, defeating B.J. Penn over five rounds, although the numbers seem to suggest the fight went differently.

Here’s the Effectiveness Score and ten point must system scoring round-by-round:
    Round Penn Edgar TPM
    1 94 34 10-9 Penn
    2 110 28 10-9 Penn
    3 55 43 10-9 Penn
    4 57 55 10-10
    5 63 96 10-9 Edgar
    Total 373 263 49-47 Penn

Other notable stats:

- FightMetric credited Edgar with 13 takedowns attempts, with 1 success. They did not award him a takedown in round 2 because “he was unable to establish an advantageous position before Penn got back to his feet.”

- Penn edged Edgar in total strikes 72 to 63.

- Penn attacked more to the head with 61 of his 72 strikes, while Edgar threw 24 of his 63 strikes to the legs and body.

Many people watching the fight will be surprised to see just how one-sided the early going appears to have been judging by the numbers. Was the movement and footwork from Edgar the most eye catching thing on the night, meaning his performance was more sizzle than pop, and will the UFC insist on an immediate rematch after looking at these number just like they did with Lyoto Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lads just to say when compustrike stats come out it sometimes changes peoples outlook on the fight, I thought 3-2 to Penn and acording to the computerised scoring it was 3-1 (1 round drawn)

I can see 3-2 to Edgar being a fair enough score though because he could have nicked the 3rd and possible the 4th. It certainly was a close fight though a Penn win would have been the fair outcome, I think the reson people arent annoyed is Penn clearly looked to take him lightly judging by the shape he was in.

I wonder if we can get the real translation, Anderson did deem very unhappy with his own performance in the post fight interview.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm

The atmosphere was excellent, everyone was really hyped up and the crowd was more knowledgeable than I thought, and they really got involved. The crowd was very loud and they were really supporting Renzo (I wasn't) and at first Silva. I was actually suprised they begain to turn on Silva but he deserved every moment. The crowd were into the event for all of it except right at the end where Silva and Maia bored and confused the hell out of all of us.

And ofcoarse it was me who started that GSP chant, I asked my people around to join in Laughing
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:59 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:I agree with everything ^^ just said. Except Shogun clearly won that fight of course.

I told you Davis would finish this fight, and in the first round and all....

It was a very impressive D'arce choke or was it an anaconda?? my stream was breaking up a bit for that fight.

Anderson was upset because Maia said he would submit if it went to the ground, Soares translated it as Anderson saying he was upset that Maia said he is taking Anderson arm home with him. But the portugese translation of Anderson wasnt the same.

The guy is an egotistical arrogant prick.

And kept swearing and cursing at Maia for the whole fight.

The press conference gives the impression that Anderson doesn't really know why he was doing it, if he felt disrespected why didn't he kick the shit outta him and totally out class him like he did to Forrest???
    Maybe he wanted to punish Maia for as long as possible?? and since when does saying you were going to take someones arm disrespect them!!!
    It was very bizarre to say the least!!! I already thought Anderson was arrogant but last night just made me dislike the guy even more!!!!!
    Heterocyclic
    Heterocyclic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Heterocyclic Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:44 pm

[quote="FOWLERSHIGHFIVE"]
    redmeanie77 wrote:
    Maybe he wanted to punish Maia for as long as possible?? and since when does saying you were going to take someones arm disrespect them!!!
    It was very bizarre to say the least!!! I already thought Anderson was arrogant but last night just made me dislike the guy even more!!!!!

Tell me about it, since when is saying 'I'm gonna go for submissions to finish this fight' classed as disrespecting your opponent? So what Maia said gave Anderson a right to throw his toys out of the pram, and act like a complete tool in the octagon? If he's so upset with fighting the UFC's middleweights, why doesn't he just retire his belt and move up/down for his supposed superfights? I'm sure the UFC are doing all they can to get more middleweights to deepen the division, but fact is, Silva had no right whatsoever to have a bitch and claim he was good yesterday.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:28 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Im back home guys, it was a great atmoshpere in the crowd but more on that later.

First of all the main event. I don't know what Silva was doing, like I really have no idea what he was doing. Maia hit him with a shot and he acted it like it hurt, thats disrespectful whatever way you look at it. It was really wierd, I thought I'd had a little bit too much to drink, I was just confused. WTF was he doin? First two rounds were utter domination, he was hitting Maia at will and every hit that landed on Maia sent him flying. Maia looked very small in that fight.I agree with Ben as well, I was dissapointed in Maia. He can fight better than that but he looked way too scared till the last round and his takedowns were fucking pitiful. Hard to do when Silva is doing a Kalib Starnes but still they were very poor. Silva doesn't have great takedown defence at all, its called running away, Id like to see him defend a takedown against Chael Sonnen or GSP. Go away Anfield. Ok ofcoarse he was better than Leities, but thats not a compliment. Leitites put on the worst performance for a title match against anyone in any organisation. So Maia was better than Leities but he only started trading in the last round and even then he walked around puttting his arms like the world owed him an explanation. Fuck Silva and Fuck Maia, I want my money back for that main event Laughing

I saw Dana get up from my seat and just his facial expression told me he wasn't happy. He clearly has a right not to be happy, he has just organised one of the biggest events in the company's history and Silva fucked things up. He bored the crowd and they all turned against him, just because he was being a dick. I don't know what your whinging about now Anfield but Dana defintley had a right to be pissed off. If I was Maia I wouldn't have shook his hand after, I would have walked away. And Maia should have gone Nate Quarry on him after he started running away.

BJ vs Edgar, first of all Edgar won that fight. Anfield if you think BJ got robbed then you must still be as high as a girafffe's pussy from the those anesthetics. BJ didn't do shit while Edgar was constantly moving. You know a criteria that is always overlooked? Damage to an opponent, look at BJ's face and look at Edgar's face, Edgar clearly won that fight by 3-2 IMO. BJ landed better shots at first but they didn't do anything, while Edgar's shots did. Chesty you mentioned Edgar never had BJ in trouble or tried to finish the fight but what you forgot to mention is BJ never had Edgar in trouble and he never at one point tried to finish the fight. The fuck he was robbed, I wouldn't have been suprised at all if BJ was awarded the decision, but this was exactly like the Machia vs Shogun fight. One fighter edges the more popular fighter on the judges scoreboards so everyone throws a fit.

Congratulations Edgar, your a terrific fighter. Im so happy for him. The little man, who should be a FW against the seemingly unstoppable BJ Penn. He did it, he beat him. You know who that reminds me of? The man in my avatar. MAd props to Edgar, he is a champion.

You really are retarded.

Anderson's has an excellent takedown defense. Never been shown otherwise from a shot.

Dana is a deluded muppet who thinks he's the one that makes the fighters money. He needs to realize that it's the fighters that make the money for the UFC. All he is, is a bald white version of Don King. He's a promoter. Nothing more. In the coming years, when fighters start realizing exactly how much money they are getting screwed out of, pricks like Dana will be left behind. Let's see him actually show some balls and back up his big talk and do something to Silva. He won't because he never does. He likes to act like he's running stuff. Like when he tried to fire all the AKA fighters. Or when he ran his mouth about how he was going to make team-mates fight each other. He does nothing. He just runs his mouth so people think he's running the show.

BJ doesn't have to try and finish the fight. He's the champion. You have to go out and beat the champion. Edgar didn't do that. BJ CLEARLY won the fight. It's not even debatable. Edgar did a sum total of fuck all in the fight. BJ landed the harder and better shots, he landed more shots and he landed a higher percentage of headshots. Disgraceful decision. Let's see Dana throw a tantrum about this like he did after Shogun-Machida.

And starting a GSP chant is nothing more than cringe-worthy.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Anderson owes an apology to everyone who payed money to see him fight and didnt get it.

respecting your opponent is one thing, but how about a little bit of respect for the people who pay for all his faggoty clothes. Razz

i dont really blame Maia, EVERYONE knew his only way to win was to take Anderson down and submit him.

he tried this at least a dozen times, and when it was clear that it was impossible (it was like the greased up deaf guuy from family guy by half way through the fight) he went to the only other way he can win.

>>>> so he was trying to win (finish) the fight.

anderson wasn't doing anything to win the fight.

Yesterday Anderson showed conclusively why he isnt anywhere near a top pound for pound fighter.

similar to what Albion said...but Albion didnt talk about the best example...Fedor!

Fedor tries to beat his opponent for every second of the fight,

when he is standing he is either figuring out his opponents timing in order to land his punch, throwing knockout punches or taking the guy down.
    when he is on the ground he is either working towards a submission or pounding their face in.

he isnt trying to take the piss out of anyone, he isnt playing up to the judging criteria.

this can be said to a lesser extent for most other top fighters.

but not Anderson Silva.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Fedor is the clear number 1 p4p fighter. There's no question about it and any other suggestions are now shown to be retarded.

Silva doesn't all want to fight. The thing is though, it's like anyone has come close to beating him. Even Lutter barely won the first round and then gassed. And Silva was coming off two knee surgeries less than 3 months before. Hendo easily won the first but never had Silva in any trouble. There's only 1 guy i'd take to beat Silva that he might realistically fight, Fedor. I'd take Machida as well but i think there's less chance of that happening.

BJ can beat but not finish(and thus get robbed by) second rate fighters who should be at FW because he doesn't always train right. And that's the main reason that BJ is not seen as the greatest UFC fighter of all time. Look at his losses. He should have easily beaten Pulver but he only trained for an hour each day. He schooled GSP in the first round of their first fight, won the fight in a lot of people's eyes, but gassed and ended up losing a split decision. He lost to Machida who is 3 divisions above him so there's no shame there. He handed Matt Hughes his ass for 2 rounds in their second fight and then gassed, although i did hear he broke a rib or something. And he got badly beaten by GSP with the help of some vaseline but again, he clearly hadn't trained full tilt.

GSP is a dryhumper who can't finish a second rate Brit and doesn't even know how to execute the most basic of submissions. The armbar and kimura were actually embarrassing and proves what i've said all a long, having a blackbelt does not mean you are a blackbelt. GSP is not BB level at BJJ or even close to it. Since GSP-Penn 1 the only people GSP has finished are Matt Serra and Hughes twice. He couldn't finish anyone else. Penn's corner pulled him out because they knew he couldn't win at that point but GSP was never going to finish him.

NONE of them have a record like Fedor's and none of them finish people like Fedor.

Fedor's status as the number 1 P4P fighter has never been more secure.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Anfield, good to hear from you again, I hope surgey went well.

Now lets look at who Silva has faced:

Maia
    Griffin
    Leites
    Cote
    Irvin
    Hendo
    Franklin x2
    Nate
    Lutter
    Leben

ONE great wrestler and one good wrestler, both took him down, everyone else has very poor takedown offense. Chonan took Silva down easily as have other fighters previously, I don't know where this talk of him having great takedown defnse has come from. I rate takedown defense on who he defends the takedowns against, and he has a success rate of 0% agaisnt good wrestlers. Lets see him defend takedowns against Sonnnen, GSP, DAVIS, Jones or even Shields.

You don't like Dana and I really can't understand your post so I'll just say Fuck Dana. Its not about him, its about being proffesional and doing your job as a fighter. Silva's antics were as bad as Lesnar's and he was given the dog treatment.

You always have to finish your opponent, I don't actually know what you mean. Total sum of fuck all? Are you blind, BJ was way more damaged than Edgar was. Robbed my ass, it could have gone either way and they went for the less damaged, more active fighter.

I can only imagine what you would have done if Shogun was given the decision against Machida. The reality is it was a very close fight with one fighter getting the edge, but this time its not your fighter so you go on a rampage.

Starting a GSP chant is no more cringeworthy than sucking Machida's dick everyday/
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:09 pm

lets be honest here...everything about the main event was cringworthy!!

especially Rogan and Goldberg salivating over Anderson's clowning in the first 2 rounds before slowly coming to the realisation that clowning was all he intended to do until he gassed.

i say bring on strikeforce!! maybe we will see some proper fights.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

One thing is for sure though Anderson is the greatest Dancer in MMA Laughing

Cant wait for SF, shame the rest of the card is piss poor! Its full of nobodys on the undercard but sure we only see the main card so cant complain! Next 2 SF cards are great!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Hi Anfield, good to hear from you again, I hope surgey went well.

Now lets look at who Silva has faced:

Maia
    Griffin
    Leites
    Cote
    Irvin
    Hendo
    Franklin x2
    Nate
    Lutter
    Leben

ONE great wrestler and one good wrestler, both took him down, everyone else has very poor takedown offense. Chonan took Silva down easily as have other fighters previously, I don't know where this talk of him having great takedown defnse has come from. I rate takedown defense on who he defends the takedowns against, and he has a success rate of 0% agaisnt good wrestlers. Lets see him defend takedowns against Sonnnen, GSP, DAVIS, Jones or even Shields.

You don't like Dana and I really can't understand your post so I'll just say Fuck Dana. Its not about him, its about being proffesional and doing your job as a fighter. Silva's antics were as bad as Lesnar's and he was given the dog treatment.

You always have to finish your opponent, I don't actually know what you mean. Total sum of fuck all? Are you blind, BJ was way more damaged than Edgar was. Robbed my ass, it could have gone either way and they went for the less damaged, more active fighter.

I can only imagine what you would have done if Shogun was given the decision against Machida. The reality is it was a very close fight with one fighter getting the edge, but this time its not your fighter so you go on a rampage.

Starting a GSP chant is no more cringeworthy than sucking Machida's dick everyday/

Being dragged down by Hendo is something that happens to everybody if Hendo decides it is so. He was coming on double knee surgery against Lutter. He's a much better fighter now than he was then. He's also a far better mover than he was with fused knees. His takedown defense is very good. Let's see Sonnen, GSP or Shields try and take Silva down without getting sparked unconscious. Taking down T-Rex is one thing, Silva is much longer than Thiago, much quicker, has much better reactions and hits a whole lot harder.

Davis is the best wrestler in MMA right now, along with Mo. I think both of them can take ANYBODY down if they want. Both are much bigger and stronger than GSP and both are bigger and stronger than Anderson. Sonnen had trouble taking Maia down. One dominant performance against Nate and you're slobbering all over him. Let's see what happens when he gets punched in the face.

Lesnar was given nothing. Dana said to apologize to the sponsor and he did. That was it. Nothing more. And nothing will be done to Silva. Ed Soares is the most powerful man in MMA right now, regardless of what Dana thinks. And if Dana fucks with Silva, then he fucks with Soares who in turn will bend him over and fuck him right back. Look at Soares's stable of fighters. What happens if none of them fight for Dana anymore? You think the Fertittas will pick Dana over Silva, Machida, Both Nogs, JDS, Aldo etc etc etc?? Not on your life. Dana has been passed over many times before. All he is, is a mouthpiece.

BJ had two small marks on his face. That just proves he marks easier than Edgar. Nate Marquardt walked out of his fight with Sonnen with far less damage than Sonnen. Remind me who won?? The onus is on the challenger to beat the Champion, the champion doesn't have to beat the challenger. You always have to finish fights?? Somebody better alert your boy GSP.

What you do with Machida's dick is your own issue. Keep it to yourself you cringeworthy little man. Oh, and you are either lying about starting the chant or where you were sitting. Not sure which. Possibly both in fact. I do know you weren't "front row" as you initially claimed but you may have been at the front of where the general public tickets were seated but if you were then you didn't start the GSP chant.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:15 am