THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
ChelseaQuinsfan
elmatadorafa
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
efils_god
redmeanie77
10 posters

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Empty Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !!

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Damn it Ariel, has no balls.

Although i think the issue of Fedor's opponents will start to be an issue, what with the UFC HW looking so good, and Fedor fighting the likes of Rogers and Werdum. People will start debating his no.1 HW status let alone his p4p no.1 ranking....
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Empty Re: Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !!

Post  efils_god Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:07 pm

Ha this is pretty funny.

I actually kind of agree with Dana about Fedor's opponents, although i do think he is the best, i don't think he can possibly remain at the top of the list being inactive and fighting UFC rejects like Werdum. I think the top 5 UFC HWs easily beat Werdum, so what does fighting him prove or achieve? And that's the BEST calibre of opponent he's likely to face unless he goes to UFC. I think with another few title defences and LHW wins against ranked opponents, Silva has to be P4P number 1. GSP is probably number 2 due to his utter domination of everyone put in front of him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Empty Re: Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Yeah its happened on 606 already... but lets look at it objectivley.

Fedor has beat the best competition out for everyone.

He is 34 figths and is undefeated.

Lesnar has 5 fights and has lost 1

Carwin is undefeated in 12 fights.

So Maby Carwin can Rival him if he beats Lesnar? If he doesn beat Lesnar is Lesnar a much bigger scalp than the Overeem/Barnett winner? I dont really think so.

If Lesnar beats Carwin is 5-1 Lesnar going to be top dog?

I appreciate the UFC heavyweight devision is increasingly competitive and Werdum is a pretty poor opponent IMO but stil he is undefeated in 3 times as many fights that Carwin.
    ------------------------------

Also Ariel Helwani is a complete fruit and scared to speak his mind. I rank the P4p just like he does. I dont see why he didnt put it in black and white so Dana could see. I wouldnt have even mentioned Fedor... theres no point. I believe Dana knows Fedor is top p4p but just obviously can say it because it would be all over the internet and benefit Fedor and co.

I would show him that GSP has constantly beat top class opposition, is you look at his wins and overall career record comapred to Anderson's its clear GSP should be over Anderson. Dana needs to get over this man crush on Anderson. Anderson steps up and beats Glass Jaw Forrest who is tailor made for him and James Ivrcan and gets shocking credit for doing so...

If GSP went to 185lbs and beat Drew McFedries and say Maia would that shock anyone?

Dana is full of shit and clearly wants to suck Anderson dick... Best Athlete on the plannet! Laughing Mayweather is 10X the athlete Anderson is for starters!
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm

Was the awesome wins over P4P greats Leites, Leben, Cote & Irvin put forward as ammo for his imaginary P4P No 1 and the I P4P No1 upcoming fight with "Top 6 MW Damian Maia" Laughing

Dana is just trying to discredit Fedor as he is not under a Zuffa contract if he was he's be all over him like a cheap African American prostitute on an awfully terrible one dimensionally bad Posh British Actor in LA.

Fedor is P4P No1 the only man close is GSP both have top resumes and will fight all comers unlike a certain over hyped Zuffa Champion.

In terms of HW P4P he is No 1 by a distance you have to beat the man to be the man who has done this since the controversial TK "loss" ?
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm

"Fedor is P4P No1 the only man close is GSP both have top resumes and will fight all comers unlike a certain over hyped Zuffa Champion."

When GSP moves up a division and destroys 2 guys including the recent Champ there then you can talk about him POSSIBLY being ahead of Anderson.

"unlike a certain over hyped Zuffa Champion"

Im guess this is supposed to be about Anderson lol, if anyone is avoiding top competition is Fedor. Brett fucking Rogers and Werdum..... What a joke.

GSP should stay in his division and dry hump guys for 25 mins, he will still be a draw and earn lots of money.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Has Fedor really beat the best competition out of everyone? I really don't think he has, I honestly think GSP has better wins overall. Fedor's best wins are over Nog and Cro Cop, both excellent fighters but both are one dimensional. Don't you think Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, JDS and Mir could beat them as well? Two already have faced Nog and not beat him but dominated him and stopped him quickly.

Im not saying Fedor isn't top P4P, but I disagree with him beating the best competition.

I think if all the top fighters were the same size, then BJ Penn would be the best fighter in the world.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 pm

not going to bother getting into a depressingly tired debate, just chiming in to say Werdum was not a UFC reject...

they payed ridiculous money to sign him to his first contract and when the time came to renew his contract he turned down their reduced offer.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

"think if all the top fighters were the same size, then BJ Penn would be the best fighter in the world."

I agree, he seem like the most naturally gifted fighter in the world.

Werdum is not a reject in the sense that the UFC didnt want him anymore, but he was 2-2, and casual fans will only remember him as the guy who's ears wiggled for about 3 seconds after getting knocked out by a then unknown fighter named JDS.

He didnt look a force in the UFC, and that was at a time where the division is incomprable to what it is now, so people just see him as a reject....
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:03 pm

yes. but in fairness he is in alot better shape now, and will be better than the Werdum that fought in the UFC.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm

Cool

Last edited by elmatadorafa on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:not going to bother getting into a depressingly tired debate, just chiming in to say Werdum was not a UFC reject...

they payed ridiculous money to sign him to his first contract and when the time came to renew his contract he turned down their reduced offer.

Actually i didn't know that, so you can chalk it down to lack of knowledge on my part, i retract the 'reject' part!

but i still feel that Werdum would struggle to be top 10 in the UFC at the moment. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:09 pm

elmatadorafa wrote:"unlike a certain over hyped Zuffa Champion"

Im guess this is supposed to be about Anderson lol, if anyone is avoiding top competition is Fedor. Brett fucking Rogers and Werdum..... What a joke.

GSP should stay in his division and dry hump guys for 25 mins, he will still be a draw and earn lots of money.

Name one Top Level striker Andy boy has fought.......obviously the answer is none GSP has faced great strikers like Alves & Penn and outstriked them and Fedor has outstruck Prime Cro Cop and beat other K1 level strikers.

GSP might dry hump guys for 25 minutes but he dominates these guys in the most talented division unlike Andy Boy who seems content at hiding in MW getting his boyfriend to Eduardo to shit over any over any credible challenger or moon light fighting a can at LHW (Irvin) or a feather fisted striker with a glass jaw. Cool
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 pm

There is no doubt from anybody that Fedor earned his No 1 spot,the problem is,its just hard to justify how he can maintain it while fighting the standard of fighters he's been fighting for so long now,while the next probably 6 ranked fighters below him have all been fighting each other or at least fighting competition as good or better than the ones Fedors been fighting.

It's not as if you can blame Fedor,after all he is still trying to fight the best that is outside the UFC.He tried to fight Barnett,he beat 2 former UFC champs back 2 back(which looks good but we all know that those twos careers where at all time lows at the time)and he is looking to fight Werdum and Overeem.So I think Fedor No1 spot is still deserved and wins over Werdum,Overeem and maybe Barnett if they can get that back on will see him No 1 for a while yet,but thats only 3 fights and they can all be argued that they are all lower ranked and weaker fighters than the UFC's top guys.

You have to beat the man to be the man works both ways,all the top UFC guy's have called Fedor out at one time or another and to stay the man it should be up to you to fight the best possible competition out there,prove you are the best.Fedor has had ample opportunity to fight them now,but because of M1 milking their cash cow,they look for the highest bidder instead of letting there prize asset fight and maintain the fact that he is the best fighter on the planet.

Just think if M1 and Fedor had just joined the UFC like the Majority of the best Pride fighters did when Pride finished instead of his Bodog,Affliction or what ever other failed M1 venture they've had him on.I think Fedor would of dominated still and had a long successful reign as champion against Randy,Arlovski,Timmeh etc but in the last few years the Heavyweight fighter has changed so much,the huge guys that were all seen as freakshows before are now top atheletes with insane power and we haven't seen Fedor fight one of these guys yet,unless you count Rogers,who in my opinion is not proven as a top 10 fighter yet but he didn't do to bad against fedor,infact he did quite abit better than alot of fedors past opponents and thats what makes me want to see what guys like Lesner and Carwin can do with Fedor.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm

If he doesn beat Lesnar is Lesnar a much bigger scalp than the Overeem/Barnett winner? I dont really think so.

Are you honestly suggesting that Barnett or Overeem are as highly ranked as any of the top UFC guys at the moment?

Barnett hasnt wont a top 10 or a top 15 fight in the last 4 yrs, he had to rely on a groin shot to beat Mo, probably taking lessons from Crocop.

Overeem hasnt beaten anyone of note at HW.

Fedor needs to get himself over to the UFC. Pronto
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 pm

George_Louis_Costanza@who wrote:
    elmatadorafa wrote:"unlike a certain over hyped Zuffa Champion"

Name one Top Level striker Andy boy has fought.......obviously the answer is none GSP has faced great strikers like Alves & Penn and outstriked them and Fedor has outstruck Prime Cro Cop and beat other K1 level strikers.

GSP might dry hump guys for 25 minutes but he dominates these guys in the most talented division unlike Andy Boy who seems content at hiding in MW getting his boyfriend to Eduardo to shit over any over any credible challenger or moon light fighting a can at LHW (Irvin) or a feather fisted striker with a glass jaw. Cool

You seem to think beating the highest quality Striker is the be all of P4p rankings. Anderson has cleared out his division (except Belfort and Sonnen) but he will beat them when there fit. GSP has not moved up in division. I seem to recall him getting his nose busted in the first BJ fight, and was seeing "Duble BJ out there". Fedor win against Crocop was really put into perspective after Crocop joined Zuffa. Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 pm

elmatadorafa wrote:
    If he doesn beat Lesnar is Lesnar a much bigger scalp than the Overeem/Barnett winner? I dont really think so.

Are you honestly suggesting that Barnett or Overeem are as highly ranked as any of the top UFC guys at the moment?

Barnett hasnt wont a top 10 or a top 15 fight in the last 4 yrs, he had to rely on a groin shot to beat Mo, probably taking lessons from Crocop.

these tell you all you need to know:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Barnett-272

and i am very interested to hear the explanation of the groin shot comment.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 pm

"and i am very interested to hear the explanation of the groin shot comment."

All I heard is he said sorry and offered Mo to kick him in the balls after the fight! Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:"and i am very interested to hear the explanation of the groin shot comment."

All I heard is he said sorry and offered Mo to kick him in the balls after the fight! Laughing

yeah i saw that, Mo kicked him too, a decent shot it looked like. seemed to cheer Mo up a bit, but Barnett is a pro wrestler so who knows how hard it really was?

but why was he taking lessons from Crocop?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Fedor is not undefeated, I forgot to mention that.

Werdum is not a reject either, He is probably at least as tough as a challenge as Nog was back in Pride but compared to the UFC guys he is nowhere near them.

Barnett could potentiolly be a tough fight and I think he would do a good job against most UFC HWs. Overeem in the US isn't, not without his horsemeat anyway. I think all the top HWs would beat him, certainly isn't as big a scalp as Lesnar.

Still though, I think Fedor is clearly the best HW fighter out there, it isn't much of a debate. You have to cosider he is about 50 pounds and 4inches smaller than Lesnar and Carwin.

but why was he taking lessons from Crocop?

Because he kicked JDS in the balls Evil or Very Mad

But its a little harsh because Cro Cop had his testicles crushed by Kongo, I think i'll let him off on that one incident. Kongo is the main culprit for groin shots.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 pm

elmatadorafa wrote:

Overeem hasnt beaten anyone of note at HW.

Fedor needs to get himself over to the UFC. Pronto

You do know Barnett was top 3 before he got banned for Roids? Im not saying Barnett or Overeem are a bigger fight than most UFC fight.... Barnett and Overeem are going to fight each other, the winner of that is as a better fight than most UFC can offer or at least as good.

Eh Crocop has been on the recieving end of most low blows!
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:29 pm

Fedor's recent level of competition gets trashed too much. Sylvia was a top 5 heavyweight, as was Arlovski and Rogers was just as valid an opponent for Fedor as Carwin was for Lesnar when that fight was scheduled. I say Arlovski, Rogers and Werdum still give the top guys in the UFC fits if they were to fight them. And Fedor gets points for being essentially a natural light heavyweight. Furthermore, Werdum is not even a bad opponent, he came in woefully out of shape for his fight with Dos Santos, and was rightfully punished for that, but his inherent skill level as a fighter is quite high.

I would however say that Fedor's status as the number one heavyweight is more at risk than his status as a top p4p fighter. If any of the UFC's top 4 mix of Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez and Dos Santos beat the other three guys of that quartet, I'd rank them as the top heavyweight. If it was Dos Santos or Velasquez, I'd give them a mention in the p4p lists as well.

In spite of the amount of stick he's getting following the Hardy fight, I'd rate GSP as number one p4p because his list of opponents is just out of this world. Beyond the level of competition of any other fighter in this debate.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 pm

Fedor isn't a natural LHW, he is pretty short but he has a large build. Fedor is a decent sized HW, he just looks tiny compared to the giants of the division like Lesnar, Carwin and Barnett.

Cro Cop and Randy are much smaller HW fighters, Nog is possibly the same size, they looked the same size in there fights. Ive stood next to Nog and he is a pretty big guy. Fedor is about the smae size as JDS and no one says he is a small HW. Fedor isn't small, just short for a HW.

Sylvia was top 5 in a division that had about 4 good fighters. He was coming off two losses in three fights, one of them a 25 minute ass kicking from a 43 year old LHW. The only guy he beat was an overated LHW in one of the most boring fights of all time. Ok it was impressive that Fedor finished him in 36 seconds but not suprising. He has a bad habbit of gettting in serious trouble quickly. Mercer KOed him in 9, Randy dropped him in 8, both Mir and Arvloski finished him in under a minute.

Arvloski was a good win but you have to say Arvloski fucked things up, he was doing very well up and till he decided to go for that knee.

Atleast there is another GSP supporter on this forum though, respect cheers

I don't think there is any question as to who has fought and beaten the best competition.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm

to be fair, Mir has lost 2 of his last 3 and is a top 5 guy according to our rankings.

I disagree that Fedor isnt a small HW. If Crocop had the amount of Fat that Fedor did he would be a fair amount bigger, he was muscular but ripped for the al turk fight and was 233 lbs.
    not to mention he is 2-3 inches taller.

Nog is DEFINATLEY bigger than Fedor, 3-4 inches taller and even when he was very thin and ripped (we all agreed he was) for UFC 110, he was 233 lbs.

i think he weighed about 245 lbs for the Mir fight, Fedor has never been near that weight.

---and Nog's identical twin makes 205, so its pretty clear Fedor is a very small HW.

Fedor has quite a large build but not that big...look at Monson, 5ft9 and 240 something.
    fedor these days has a small neck and his arms arent that big either, he has a strong chest thats all really.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Fedor is a natural Lhw...

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Randy-couture-vs-fedor-emelianenko

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Fedor-couture-font-promotion-L-4

Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Randy-Couture-Fedor-Emelianenko-072208

In Comparison Wanderlei Couture in comparison....
    Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Silva-couture

Tito Becide Fedor...
    Dana owns Ariel Helwani on why Fedor is not P4P !! Fedor+Emelianenko+Tito+Ortiz+Ring+NASDAQ+Opening+9ZxPkNhGX6pl

Each to their own for the p4p thing, I dont mind people saying GSP at all he is unquestionabally the best guy in UFC but the 2 losses in less fights means I cant rank him over Fedor untill Fedor looses.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    elmatadorafa wrote:

these tell you all you need to know:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Barnett-272

and i am very interested to hear the explanation of the groin shot comment.

Yes it does tell me all i need to know, how about you?

Lets look at Barnett's record:

Mighty Mo- I dont think anyone here rates him as a top fighter.

Yvel- Not top 15 but close

Rizzo- See Yvel

Monson- Hadnt beaten anyone of note before that fight except Fugita

Yoshida- Coming off a loss to James fucking Thompson , holy fuck.

Nog- Lost

Nastula- Good Judokan, but a can in MMA. Barnett actually struggled against him, when the roids factor was neutralised

Crocop- Lost

Nog- Holy shit we have a good win...... albeit a split decision. A whole 3yrs 6 months ago.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 pm