THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
2brutal
Sheldan
6 posters

Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani  Empty Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:32 pm

MMA Fighting spoke to Brock Lesnar on Monday about his infamous post-UFC 121 confrontation with The Undertaker, whether it was real, what went wrong against Cain Velasquez, why he decided to be a coach on The Ultimate Fighter opposite Junior dos Santos, fighting JDS at UFC 131 and whether he will make an appearance at WrestleMania this Sunday.

Great interview, hopefully it can show the Brock haters that he has now become a really humble guy following his illness, and i'm sure that will also be displayed on TUF. Brock has been doing a lot of media work lately, the guy is out of him comfort zone, and still he is willing to go and do plenty of interviews within the last few days and in the upcoming weeks, he is a much nicer guy than he gets credit for. Plus, I think we all know what went wrong against Cain, it was the damn beard! The beard is gone now, so he'll walk through JDS cheers ... haha I wish, should be a good fight though.

Last edited by Sheldan on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani  Empty Re: Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani

Post  2brutal Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:58 pm

It first he came across as a first class cock but to be fairsince the carwin I like him a bit more, I see him beating dos santons on the ground strikes,
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani  Empty Re: Brock Lesnar Interview With Ariel Helwani

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Dos Santos will hit Lesnar once in the face. Brock will turn and run for the gate, smash into it head first and knock himself out.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:02 pm

He has changed a hell of a lot and I'm with Sheldan in thinking he'l show a completely different side to his personality when coaching on TUF. I can't wait to see it unfortunately it will be streamed on my laptop rather than sky showing it at this rate.

I see the JDS fight been a good fight and I believe it will be a more competitive match up than people think. JDS has strong hips but I'd like to see Brock get at least 1 takedown and see how effective Junior is off his back. JDS only needs one punch getting through Brocks shocking defence though and it's night night. Brock cannot absorb the sort of shots that Nelson did against Dos Santos or he'l turtle up again. Brock however did take one hell of a beating against carwin and managed a miracle so who knows.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:12 pm

He survived purely because Carwin gassed. Look what happened when he faced a real fighter in Cain. Tapping to strikes is like shagging a minger. It seems like a good idea at the time but you really shouldn't even consider it.

Lesnar's lack of personality and JDS's lack of english promise to make this the most boring TUF yet.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Brock shit his pants when he realised he couldn't keep Cain down and then started getting punched in the face. He would be dumb to try and trade with JDS and he knows it. He'll take him down and pound him out a la Frank Mir.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Shogun tapped to strikes against bones
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 pm

JDS has slightly better TDD than Mir and hits slightly harder. To get close enough to take him down Lesnar will have to eat a couple of hard shots.

I can't see Lesnar lasting more than 1 round with JDS and I'd question whether or not he even wants to beat him. Why would he want to put himself in line to get his ass kicked by Cain again?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:20 pm

2brutal wrote:Shogun tapped to strikes against bones

Shogun tapped to exhaustion. He couldn't fight anymore. Not even close to being the same circumstances as Lesnar against Cain.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:JDS has slightly better TDD than Mir and hits slightly harder. To get close enough to take him down Lesnar will have to eat a couple of hard shots.

I can't see Lesnar lasting more than 1 round with JDS and I'd question whether or not he even wants to beat him. Why would he want to put himself in line to get his ass kicked by Cain again?

True.
    I reckon he'll know its his only option so will have no choice but to eat a few on the way in, but I'm fairly sure once he gets JDS down he'll want to finish it quick and bring out the donkey kong fists. Your right about his motivation being questionable though. I cant see him coming back with anything more to offer against Cain should he get another shot.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Agree anfield can't see lesnar wanting to fight Cain again, however I have a sneaky feeling a shocks in the cards for this fight, don't get me wrong lesnar is in all kinds of trouble if jds lands clean,
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:05 pm

JDS is able to punch Lesnar. He will punch Lesnar. That is that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:34 am