THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
mikeyboybisping
redmeanie77
6 posters

Dream 13 videos !

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dream 13 videos ! Empty Dream 13 videos !

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dream 13 videos ! Empty Re: Dream 13 videos !

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm

mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Barnett is a beast.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:48 am

Hellboy did himself proud by a SD loss to Fernandez in his debut at the weight, I think Fernandez really impressed me showing so little respect to Hellboy and really taking the fight to him at times tough was a far far mors e standoffish fight than id expected.... but disapointed with last nights fights in general! Hellboy was a bit wild with his striking and needs a better TD defence against shorter guys who will come in lower, he can expect more of the same in the lighter devision.

Barnett could well be still on Roids for all we know, Altough he fought again im almost hesitant to rank him untill he passes a piss test, Tapping a guy who Schilt Triangled like that doesnt blow me away. Mo even turned up gunshy? seriously no Idea what that was about? Mo getting backed up on the feet? I still think Overeem is KOing Barnett if they meet.

Glad to see my boy Minowa pick up another win. Not a good opponent ArmBriz is hardly a step in the right direction after KOing Soko!!! Still a win over a superheavy is still a win over a superheavy. A journeyman at best by heavyweight standards but another one for the win colum. I hope they test Minowaman more next freak they wheel out to face him!

Noons is one hell of a fighter, great standup looked huge against Dida! Im shocked Dida missed weight too. Noons has some great boxing. Did I head he is looking to fight the Melendez vs Aoki winner? I hope we see that and a Diaz rematch or even a fight with Thompson... look forward to seeing him agian. Easily one of the best Boxers in MMA (Including James Toney! Laughing)

Kikuno is on a good spree, good finish by him the guy is going to be a title contender for sure, a recent loss to Alvarez is nothing to be ashmed of. I look forward to seeing him but as with most Asian fighters... maby a weight cut? He would make a top 10 Fw Id say.

Nice Headkick by Cole!! cheers He didnt blow me away though he got hit far far too much for a taller guy.

I think Chonan still has a future in MMA, I think there are a few decent fights out there he could win, WW isnt stacked outside the UFC though, MAby he can at least avenge that Baroni loss before he is done!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:50 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Hellboy did himself proud by a SD loss to Fernandez in his debut at the weight, I think Fernandez really impressed me showing so little respect to Hellboy and really taking the fight to him at times tough was a far far mors e standoffish fight than id expected.... but disapointed with last nights fights in general! Hellboy was a bit wild with his striking and needs a better TD defence against shorter guys who will come in lower, he can expect more of the same in the lighter devision.

Barnett could well be still on Roids for all we know, Altough he fought again im almost hesitant to rank him untill he passes a piss test, Tapping a guy who Schilt Triangled like that doesnt blow me away. Mo even turned up gunshy? seriously no Idea what that was about? Mo getting backed up on the feet? I still think Overeem is KOing Barnett if they meet.

Glad to see my boy Minowa pick up another win. Not a good opponent ArmBriz is hardly a step in the right direction after KOing Soko!!! Still a win over a superheavy is still a win over a superheavy. A journeyman at best by heavyweight standards but another one for the win colum. I hope they test Minowaman more next freak they wheel out to face him!

Noons is one hell of a fighter, great standup looked huge against Dida! Im shocked Dida missed weight too. Noons has some great boxing. Did I head he is looking to fight the Melendez vs Aoki winner? I hope we see that and a Diaz rematch or even a fight with Thompson... look forward to seeing him agian. Easily one of the best Boxers in MMA (Including James Toney! Laughing)

Kikuno is on a good spree, good finish by him the guy is going to be a title contender for sure, a recent loss to Alvarez is nothing to be ashmed of. I look forward to seeing him but as with most Asian fighters... maby a weight cut? He would make a top 10 Fw Id say.

Nice Headkick by Cole!! cheers He didnt blow me away though he got hit far far too much for a taller guy.

I think Chonan still has a future in MMA, I think there are a few decent fights out there he could win, WW isnt stacked outside the UFC though, MAby he can at least avenge that Baroni loss before he is done!

Have you seen the whole Barnett fight, the vid i watched started at the restart after the (apparently brutal) groin kick.

apparetnyl there was a 15 minute break!!!

also before that kick Barnett was dropped by Mo.

also JB looked alot smaller than MO.

they weighed the same at the weigh ins but Barnett was in a suit!!!
    must have had lots of loose change. Very Happy
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 am

Shit No barnett was one of the ones I just watched the strange edited version... theres a few of those. like half the hellboy fight etc about. Im going to watch that now! Barnett dropped by Mo!! Ive gotta see that! do you think he is off the juice or diserves to be ranked?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:08 am

he deserves to be ranked without a doubt, its less than 14 months between fights which is not too bad. and he was top 2 or 3 before.

of the roids?

no way.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 am

i dont think barnett is off the roids, didnt he openly admitt to using them a while back.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 am

No reason to be off the Roids when he isnt being tested... Ive ranked him now anywa King in my 1st draft... let me know what u think of the rankings so far.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:46 am

ben this may make me unpopular but being in mma i dont think he should be ranked at all, anyone on roids is cheating, if i was a heavyweight and asked to fight him id say no not without testing.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 am

something like 1 in 3 fighters is on roids as an estimate, and 2 in 3 of heavyweights.

Barnett just got caught i think.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 am

I hate to think those numbers are true mate! Think ive been harsh to Barnett rankings him so low then? Ive mixed feelings towards Barnett but he has got caught red handed too often, you gotta assume he has spent his whole career on the horsemeat... I dont know if that makes less of his achievments but im sure most people think it taints a few victories at least.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 am

guys like Barnett and Sidelnikov getting caught tells me you cant just look at a guy and tell he is on PEDs, so it could be any number.
    considering how much has happened in the division since his last fight its not too harsh, he should be over the likes of Carwin Rogers and Overeem though.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 am

well i certanly think the randy loss should be nulled for a start and yes it taints him how can anyone who cheats be taken serious.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 am

I would as well King, I wouldnt fight a guy with an unfair advantage, might as well let Antonio "Hands of Plaster" Margarito do his hand wrapps while he is at it! Laughing

I think because he did cheat and was inactive he shouldnt be too highly ranked but hell we are ranking Overeem who joked that "im from Holland, everyone in Holland takes drugs" I suppose we could keep him out will he tests clean but were do you draw the line? Sherk is on Steriods 100% of that.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:01 am

bring in a world mma governing body who do regular tests like in boxing and all organisations should be compulsary to join. at the end of the day it is cheating.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 am

If its not in the rules in Japan its not cheating. Id like to see MMA regulated. I think it would be better for the sport to have one governing body and 1 set of rules etc.. It would make it much much more of leit sport... guess it still has a long way to go.

Also cant find the vid of Barnett getting dropped. Would love to see it.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:08 am

best i could get:

Dream 13 videos ! 29yj6b

the kick:
    Dream 13 videos ! 2449qhy

the Randy fight is not a great one to choose caus Randy is a known HGH user.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 am

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Josh_Barnett_vs_Mighty_Mo_DREAM_13?vid=10009913&tid=100

Cheers mate forgot to check MMA-core! Heres the full fight. Mo gave him far far too much room and respect. He should have swarmed him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:11 am

"the Randy fight is not a great one to choose caus Randy is a known HGH user."

?? 1st ive heard!! affraid

It would explain a lot but doesnt it make you put on a lot of Bulk?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:15 am

yeah same hear first iv heard like, never knew that.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:15 am

lol the "knock down" dont look so bad on the video Laughing

sorry for getting your hopes up mate.

normally i would give a link to the hgh story but im going to bed so i'll refer you to my friend Google. Twisted Evil

EDIT: i am too much of a good poster, see below.

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:18 am

oh fine!!

MMAScoops.com: Major Exclusive Randy Couture/Drug News Inside
    Posted by MMAScoops.com Staff on 10/02/07 at 6:48 PM

Randy “The Natural” Couture has been quoted as saying that there’s a “Steroid witch hunt” with him in the crosshairs. ONE DAY before UFC 74, Joe Rogan, the UFC’s color commentator, added fuel to this fire when he did a guest spot on ESPNEWS to promote the Pay-Per-View event by claiming that Couture had undergone “hormone replacement therapy” and applauded what modern science could do for older fighters.

The single biggest catastrophe that the UFC could face would be a steroid controversy surrounding one not only it’s World Heavyweight Champion, but one of it’s most popular and well-known fighters. A catastrophe that could spell not just the end of the MMA “revolution”, but the end of the UFC as we know it.

Let us not forget, by the way, that “Hormone replacement therapy” is still steroids. If it’s true, so be it; Couture did it to himself. If it’s not true, shame on Joe Rogan for tainting one of the promotions top fighters. Steroids, in this day and age, are no laughing matter. They are taken as seriously as any other allegation in today’s sports world.

The UFC’s hands are tied to a certain degree as well. They can only test before a fight and not in the weeks spent training. If a fighter knows exactly how long a certain chemical takes to leave his or her body, they can take whatever they like and do as they please as long as they’re clean when they test, both before the fight and after. I applaud the UFC’s drug policy and it’s strict repercussions a positive test incurs, but in some ways the system could be changed for the better without impeding a fighters training.

The UFC must, after all, be sure that none of it’s current Champions are ’roid users. They must also make sure that no NEW Champion is a ’roid user, either. The UFC has an obligation to itself to make sure that each and every fight is as clean as it can possibly be.

-----

basically according to joe rogan, randy is on hgh.

or more specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_replacement_therapy
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:23 am

if this is the case why hasnt he been tested?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:41 pm