THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
7 posters

DREAM 14 videos in here

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

DREAM 14 videos in here Empty DREAM 14 videos in here

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 1:52 pm

only japanese versions uploaded atm.
    will post english versions when they get uploaded.

Hideo Tokoro vs Akio "Wicki" Nishiura
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

DREAM 14 videos in here Empty Re: DREAM 14 videos in here

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto vs Kiko Lopez
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen vs Hiroyuki Takaya
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Ralek Gracie (END OF THE FIGHT ONLY)
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs Nick Diaz
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Cheers for that mate, saw the bit of the Hellboy fight I missed, I think the Japanese Weight limits need looked at a bit 139Lbs is the upper weight limit for Fw's you could almost be ranking them as Bantamweights because its closer to the 135lbs limit than the 145lbs Limit....

The cut to 145lbs would be a lot easier on him if he went to the US to compete. What weight are Japanese Bantamweigths??? There are no Bantamweights in DREAM.... Should the Fw's who fight in Dream be ranked as 135ers??? Confused scratch
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat May 29, 2010 4:39 pm

another straight forward easy win for Diaz,though I must say after watching that,GSP would school Diaz with ease.

I have to admitt,I was one of them that was on the Diaz bandwagon,thinking he is a solid legit challenge to GSP but not now,I still think he is in and around the top 5 but I don't think he is anywhere near GSP's level,more on Koschecks

It's hard to judge just how much Diaz has closed the gap on GSP since he's been fighting outside the UFC but thinking about it and Judging him from watching his Smith fight,getting stunned and hurt by Zaromskis and with the ease that Mach could take him down,GSP would still murder him for every second of every rd,absolutely no doubt in my mind.

The thing is people think he has closed the gap on GSP as if GSP hasn't improved either,Diaz might be 10 times better than the old Diaz in the UFC(but thats still to be found out against top opposition really)but also GSP is 10 times the fighter he was,the only differance being that GSP has constantly shown and proved it to us against the very best fighters out there.

Oh yeah I forgot to add,thanks for the vids,I really appreiciate them mate.

Nothing better than waking up and having all these fights,here,ready and waiting to watch,instead of trawling through loads of sites.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Really no else picked up on it??

Oh well i guess i'll say it.

Fucking Dream productions, showing clips of Pearl Harbour bombing to build up an American against Japaneese MMA mainevent is an absolute disgrace. What a total lack of Human morals and respect.

Imagine UFC showing Holocaust or 9/11 clips to build up there fights?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Pearl Harbour was the famous attack by the Japanese on an American naval base.
    Its the most famous event of USA vs Japan. I don't understand the problem.

9/11 and the holocaust are not in the same category since pearl harbour is a military base.
    the others are terrorist attacks on innocent people, it isnt the same.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sat May 29, 2010 6:50 pm

thanks for posting these completly forgot about the event. Diaz didnt look amazing Mach landed some big punchs and even took him down nice sub by him either way still think GSP would school him and good to see KID get a win even if it was against an overmatched opponant hopefully he can carry on get back to the top
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 6:52 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:another straight forward easy win for Diaz,though I must say after watching that,GSP would school Diaz with ease.

I have to admitt,I was one of them that was on the Diaz bandwagon,thinking he is a solid legit challenge to GSP but not now,I still think he is in and around the top 5 but I don't think he is anywhere near GSP's level,more on Koschecks

It's hard to judge just how much Diaz has closed the gap on GSP since he's been fighting outside the UFC but thinking about it and Judging him from watching his Smith fight,getting stunned and hurt by Zaromskis and with the ease that Mach could take him down,GSP would still murder him for every second of every rd,absolutely no doubt in my mind.

The thing is people think he has closed the gap on GSP as if GSP hasn't improved either,Diaz might be 10 times better than the old Diaz in the UFC(but thats still to be found out against top opposition really)but also GSP is 10 times the fighter he was,the only differance being that GSP has constantly shown and proved it to us against the very best fighters out there.

Diaz has better hands than GSP and has a good reach advantage. GSP hasn't faced anyone with boxing of Diaz's level as far as i can think of. Nor has he faced anyone with Diaz's ground skills or length. Diaz has really long limbs and is excellent off his back. GSP would take him down, but then what? He'll have HUGE problems passing Diaz's guard and if he tries to sit in his guard he risks getting subbed. GSP can't finish anyone anymore, he's not finishing Diaz.

I think Diaz has the best chance of anyone at 170 to bet GSP. I think Alves would have a better chance against Diaz, but only if Alves is at his very best.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat May 29, 2010 8:47 pm

the level of fighters Diaz is fighting now and looking good against are of similar or weaker standard of the fighters GSP was fighting 5 to 7 years ago and when he stepped up to your Karo,Sherks and Mayhems,he dominated them,where as Diaz is fighting weaker than those fighters now and when he was facing those kind of fighters,he struggled.

Diaz has not beat anyone of note in his last 10 fights and even lost to Noons,GSP's last 10 fights have all been wins against the very top of the WW division from Bj to Alves and Fitch with one loss against Serra that he easily avenged.

So absolutely no comparisons when it comes to who is the proven fighter and who has been able to easily step up and beat the top fighters of all styles.

Diaz's boxing is ok but it is nowhere near what alot of mma fans make it out to be,Diaz's boxing is all about an accumulation of punches but none of them will stop a top guy in there tracks and they certainly wouldn't keep GSP off him,I'd be surprised if he even got a punch off just like Hardy couldn't,I mean Hardy atleast has the power to put you to sleep with a big bomb,Diaz doesn't even have that weapon in his arsenal.

also we all know GSP would take diaz down with ease but what makes you think Diaz can sub GSP and GSP wont just dominate him like he has against every other fighter he has took down,Diaz only has 7 subs in his whole career and against what kind of standard fighter were they against,i'll tell you,against fighters that would never get in the UFC or who were cut from the UFC for not being good enough,so all against weak fighters.

This doesn't come down to GSP hasn't faced anyone with as good a jits game as diaz,even though I'm sure BJ might argue differantly and serra is no slouch,Diaz has never once in his career stepped into a fight with anyone even close to GSP's level,where as GSP has taken out the very best wrestlers,top strikers like Alves and Hardy,BJJ guys like BJ,Serra and mayhem and has also easily beaten fighters who have already beat Diaz.

Don't get me wrong,I still love to watch Diaz and think he is a really exciting guy to watch and I really hope he goes back to the UFC so we can find out,but i'm not a full believer untill he starts beating guys alot better than your Smiths,Zaromski's and Machs.

I think GSP would struggle to finish Diaz but I firmly believe that Diaz would suffer the same fate as BJ,Fitch,Alves and Hardy and get dominated through out the fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 9:47 pm

I agree Anfield, I though Alves was getting a good TD defence and clearly has the 1 shot KO power to put GSP away.... I think Diaz at the minute has a better chance than him because he could land the standing KO or a Sub off his back. I think he has a better chance than Fitch anyway and he is UFC other top guy along with Alves.

I think Kos vs Diaz would be a great fight, Kos' striking is dangerous now but again with his reach id favor Diaz on the feet. The thing about Diaz is that you could see him subbing anyone off his back which makes him a dangerous fighter for a lot of wrestlers.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Diaz standup is overated, his power is ok but where has he shown one punch KO power? Its more because the amount he throws rather than power like Alves has. His defensive technique is quite poor as well, his hands are often by his waist and his chin is up. When someone bullrushes him he tends to get caught, like Jardine does but he has a better chin.

I actually think Fitch would also beat Diaz quite comfortably. Think about it, could Fitch take Diaz down? Ofcoarse. Could Fitch control Diaz on the ground. Yes, and could Fitch avoid all his submissions. I think so. Diaz has better hands but he couldn't use them off his back. Fitch is a great grappler with excellent defence. He outgrappled Thiago and Gono quite comfortably. I think the fight would go a lot like Sanchez vs Diaz. I think Sanchez could also beat Diaz again, although his wrestling is weaker than Fitch's but his overall grappling is stronger. STandup is the same. Both Fitch and Sanchez have weaker standup than Diaz but both could take him down.

Diaz has good hands, but its not like if you stand with him you are defintley going to get KOed, infact Mach's mistake was to take the fight to the ground. He was tagging Diaz with some really good shots.

GSP, Fitch, Sanchez and Alves I think could beat Diaz. Maybe Kos too, that would be a good fight as well. I'd also really like to see Thiago vs Diaz, WW is quite stacked right now.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 10:24 pm

I dont think so Just because Fitch "Could" take him down doesnt always mean he will... Randy vs Vera has been talked about here, Randy Could take Vera down but didnt have much luck, Maby not by TD defence but footwork and being good off the bottom could see him keep it on his feet against Fitch. People tend to assume if a wrestler can take a Striker down he always will. Diaz's loss to Grappler were when he was yound and he hardly got dominated...
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 pm

wasn't Fitch almost submitted by Thiago? and wasn't he almost KOd by....that other guy he fought? Diaz could probably KO or submit him i think.
    but Fitch could just win the same way Diaz lost his other UFC fights.
    could go either way for me.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Diaz doesn't have KO power but he can throw enough punches to stop anybody. GSP can't.

Diaz would beat Fitch IMO. He's better standing up and on the ground. Fitch has better wrestling but that's it. If he takes it to the ground Diaz will school him.

Diaz, Alves, Tiago. The only 3 WW fighters with a chance of beating GSP, in that order.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 29, 2010 11:10 pm

But Fitch is a great wrestler, former Purdue wrestling captain. He has been able to take down most of his opponents so far. Fitch isn't just any old wrestler, Diaz doesn't even have good takedown defence. Mach took him down eaily, Fitch could as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Fitch isn't a Kos, a GSP or a Matt Hughes in terms of wrestling. He's good, but not great. He went to Purdue without a scholarship and the reason he was team captain was because he was the hardest working member of the team. The best wrestler is never the team captain. The gym rat is the team captain.

And Purdue hasn't been a relevant wrestling school in about 50 years. Being a Purdue wrestler is like being a Notre Dame football player. It sounds more impressive than it is. It used to be a great achievement. It's not anymore.

Oh, and Payne, not all of GSP's last ten fights were against top level fighters.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Ye I agree with that but as you said he is still a good wrestler. Purdue isn't what it used to be, but its still a solid wrestling school. Can Fitch take Diaz down? I think so, its not like the Randy vs Vera fight because Vera has good takedown defence becase of his greco roman background. Its a bit much to suggest that Diaz would school Fitch on the ground, Fitch outgrappled Thiago who is a solid BJJ BB. Most times, Wrestling + BJJ is better than just BJJ.

Fitch isn't great at anything, but he is good at everything. Maybe not striking but its decent. If he can take Diaz down, then he has enough in his arsenal to avoid his submissions. Fitch took and controlled Saunders down with ease. Now Saunders isn't the fighter Diaz is but he is quite similar in body shape.

Another one I've overlooked is Shields. I don't think he could beat GSP but I think he could beat everyone else. The toughest fight for him outside GSP would be Alves, because if he couldn't take him down he would be fucked. After that Diaz.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:49 pm

Tiago barely got to train for the Fitch fight because of his duties with the Brazil special forces. Look at him against Kos and Swick when he had proper camps and then look at his other two UFC fights when he had to work his training around his day job.

I think if they fight again Tiago will beat Fitch.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun May 30, 2010 12:03 am

Thiago is fighting Fitch at 117, he was cleared by doctors. Hows he doing anyway?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 am

He didn't look great against Kos, he was getting tagged frequently before Kos let his gaurd down. He has some big power though. Against Swick, it was an even fight untill the end where I beleive Thiago dropped him and then sunk on the anaconda.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 am

dont you mean Thiago Alves?

Anfield was taling about Paulo Thiago.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight