THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
wilksdaman
rudeboyben84
sunthunder
Sly Uses
manschesthair_utd
9 posters

DREAM 15 videos in here!

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

DREAM 15 videos in here! Empty DREAM 15 videos in here!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:05 pm

TITLE FIGHT
    Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

DREAM 15 videos in here! Empty Re: DREAM 15 videos in here!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:05 pm

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:06 pm

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 pm

no amoussou? I streamed this, was a good event. Wont give away any spoilers though.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:51 pm

yeah it was a good event, the other 2 fights havent been uploaded...not by that person anyway.

if you really cant wait for the quality videos you can watch Nak/Amousou here;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqLtRYGcRZE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtdvBKAzqk

Ishida vs that Dj fella
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BD1espPRE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mw-hkpiKEw

also.....where the hell was everyone this morning?? Mad

sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Sad panda right here. Gutted Kawajiri lost like that, I was sure it was his night. Still think he could beat Aoki, but the margin for error is so small.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Fuck I had the date Wrong in my calendar!!! Raging i Missed this one live!!!

thanks V.Much for posting the Videos today mate, few great Scraps, Aoki back on form, however shit that guy looked against Melendez his Subs are as good as they come in the devision, that was a relentless Saku style sub...

Manhoef loosing was disapointing, that guy has dynamite in his hands and fuck all else, sprawled well a few times but he needs a groundgame and needs to stick to 185.

JZ back to his winning ways, Fuck knows what a SD was about I though he controlled 90% of that fight. Wasnt his best fight to watch but got the job done over a tough opponent. Cant wait to see him in SF now!!

Omigawa is a hell of a loveable fighter, I love when he gets a bit of momentum behing him and storms forwards swinging for the fences! Hell of a fighter, Id love to see him mix it up with a few WEC fighers... Going to watch the other links now... thanks again mate cheers
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:44 pm

over the course of the first 10 minutes, i thought Kikuno was edging it. He was a better striker, he landed more cleaner shots.
    JZ got 2 takedowns but Kikuno was able to escape well...he also got a takedown of his own and controlled him for a while.
    the second round was mostly JZ trying to choke Kikuno....which was the most dominant portion of the fight and i thought it won him the fight.
    I would not be surprised with a kikuno decision wiht the round by round system, but since the DREAM judge the whole fight i thought it would be unanimous.

Omigawa is a really fun fighter, there are so many great matchups in DREAM at featherweight!

edit: can't remember enjoying a card without any knockouts as much as i enjoyed this! cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Dream always seem to put on great cards, I cant wait to see Aoki fight next, there is talk of him vs Melendez or him vs Alzarez at Dream 15. Either fight will be amazing.

Omigawa vs KID would be an amazing fight, I could see that being an all out war...

I didnt watch the other 2 fights yet cause the quality was so shite! The Lhw tournament is a joke, Mw Manhoef and Hw O'brien. And its just a 4 man tournament!!!

What a waste Ricco didnt fight, he would have had a good chance of winning the whole thing by the look of it! I wonder whats next for him?
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 pm

"ITS GOOD NIGHT IRENE, ITS GOOD NIGHT IRENE!!"

Shut the fuck up already!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Not a good event for me on my predictions,Kawajiri let me down,I had Amoussou UD and I fucked my trump up on Manhoef Mad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:09 pm

After a dominating performance to get back on the winning track, Shinya Aoki has specific plans on how to build on his first round submission victory over Tatsuya Kawajiri at the DREAM 15 event held earlier today in Saitama, Japan. Aoki wants the man who beat him in his last fight at Strikeforce: Nashville on April 17th, current Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez.

The "Tobikan Judan" officially made the challenge today and says he hopes Melendez will accept the fight on his turf this time: the DREAM mixed-martial arts ring.

DREAM 16 emanates from Nagoya, Japan in September and that is the event where Aoki hopes to get his second shot at "El Nino". Regardless of Melendez's response to the challenge, Aoki has confirmef that he will be fighting one way or the other in September at DREAM 16.

gotta give him credit for calling Melendez out so soon after the last time,but I still think Dream are going to be losing there LW belt after this.If it's up for grabs Wink
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 am

Shit, I really wanted to watch it live but I missed the date. Just watched it now.

Very good event, all the fights were exciting. I didn't realise before the event that it was 1 10 minute round and 1 5 minute round.

It was good to see Omigawa win legitmatley for once, but credit to him, he is a really exciting fighter to watch.

I don't understand the point of this tourtument but whatever, the matches were fun. It would have been cool if they had more competitors but they obviously couldn't get the guys for it.

WTF is wrong with Manhoef? It's not only his ground game, which is probably the worst in the world right now, its his striking at times as well. He is very sloppy defensivley and it cost him against Lawler and it cost him here. His chin isn't great so he can't absorb the shots a way a Hendo or a Coté can and it often means he ends up on his ass.

He started off well and was battering Mizuno on the feet, so why the hell drop into his gaurd? He had some decent GnP but Mizuno wrapped him up and reversed the position. From there it was one way traffic, Mizuno was ripping him apart and throwing submission after submission. Manhoef is comical on the ground but Mizuno couldn't quite finish and Manhoef found an opening. This is where Manhoef just lost the plot, he knew he was losing, he panicked, he went all out and Mizuno saw and opening and caught him. Manhoef survived because his head was out of the ring (that was bs, the ref should have pulled them back in) but Mizuno eventually got the sub. Credit to Mizuno for surviving and doing his job but that was an awful fight from Manhoef. He could be a top 10 fighter if he worked on his game but he seems just intent on getting through the easy way.

I remember there was a time when Jake O'Brien was considered a huge prospect. Good to see Mousasi win again. He showed better TDD against a decent wrestler but I still wouldn't pick him to defend the takedowns of a wrestler like King Mo. Good sub all the same but I would have rather seen a KO. I want to see Mousasi get tested on his feet by a good striker, Id like to see him in another K1 fight. Good to see him back on the right track.

I wasn't suprised with JZ's performance because of the long layoff but he still got the job done against a good opponent in Kikuno. I had JZ winning a UD because he came closer to finishing and he scored with two takedowns. First round was quite close, but I think JZ controlled more of it. Hopefully more to come from JZ.

Man Aoki is so dangerous from submissions its ridiculous. As soon as he gets you down your in trouble. Lovely submission by him but I felt kind of sorry for Crusher and I kind of wanted to see more of the fight, quick subs are nice to see and all but I wanted it to go a little longer. Still can't blame Aoki for his doing his job, I'd like to see him rematch Melendez but not before Thompson. Actually that would be a good fight, Thompson vs Aoki.

Overall a great card, really fun to watch and leaves me wanting more. Can't wait for Dream 16 Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:37 am

wilksdaman wrote:"ITS GOOD NIGHT IRENE, ITS GOOD NIGHT IRENE!!"

Shut the fuck up already!

The voice is the best commentator in MMA. I'd love for Strikeforce to get him and pair him with Ranello and Frank Shamrock. Perfect combination.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:53 am

Great event, I watched some of the fights live. Shinya back on form, cracking sub, mainly for the length of time he hung on for an persevered rather than the skill of locking it in. Can't deny it was a poor mistake from Crusher, and one you can't afford to make against a fighter like Aoki.

Manhoef fucked up, you can see the arrogance in he way he fights and he's clearly got complacent in his last two fights. No ground game (although a decent sub escape), but multiple chances on the feet that he just didn't take.

Maybe its about time I stopped predicting 'Manhoef KO 1st...Trump' everytime...hasn't quite worked out for me...
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:08 pm

so a bunch of people put their trump on Manhoef...who has no submission defence whatsoever??

when meanwhile a well rounded top 10 featherweight was fighting an opponent who was 0-2 in mma. scratch
    tough luck guys, i put Manhoef KO1 aswell but not for trump...Jung sam young was apparently the biggest betting underdog in mma history!

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:29 am

ok.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:36 pm