THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
mikeyboybisping
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
Bulldog67
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
Shanemc
MMAN
13 posters

What's Up With Wanderlei?

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

What's Up With Wanderlei? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Up With Wanderlei?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 pm

In a rematch what will be do different?

Wandy would Knock Bisping the fuck out.

Why the fascination with Bisping? He has average standup, no power in his hands, and a very limited skillset on the ground. He isn't a particularly impressive specimen or a great athlete by any means. He has decent takedowns but nothing special.

There are well over 20 MWs who could beat Bisping, and a good amount of WWs as well.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 pm

oh, and even if Bisping didnt get knocked down or almost submitted, Wand outstruck Bisping 47-38, and the power differential in those shots is obvious.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:In a rematch what will be do different?

Wandy would Knock Bisping the fuck out.

Why the fascination with Bisping? He has average standup, no power in his hands, and a very limited skillset on the ground. He isn't a particularly impressive specimen or a great athlete by any means. He has decent takedowns but nothing special.

There are well over 20 MWs who could beat Bisping, and a good amount of WWs as well.

chelsea at times i think its because he is british, but even britain has better fighters than Bisping!

Hardy would beat Bisping IMO, he beat Swick who was around Bispings level at MW (can crusher until he faced a top guy).

Daley would smash Bisping on the feet but Bisping might be able to keep him down.

and these 2 fight in the division below!

Pearson and Etim will be ranked higher than Mike sooner rather than later and Winner could well be aswell.

they are much more talented.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 pm

why did my post get deleted.

i was answering MMAN topic on weather bisping actually wont that fight, no he did not and im the biggest bisping fan he maybe won the first round but not the second 2. as for your reasons for defending him are invalid,

i class u as a 606 fuck face wum.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Well thats the thing, if he wasn't British who would like him?

Guys like Daley, Hardy, Hathaway, Etim, Pearson, Winner are all easy guys to like because there talented, exciting fighters. British or not.

All those guys are better than him and there are a few more that could go over him as well soon.

Bisping fears Slick Nick Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Give the poor guy a break boys, If he thinks Bisping won the fight its his right, whoever disagrees, just tell him why.

Having one Anfield on the forum is fun, but it will lose its appeal if everyone wants to be an Anfield Laughing
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 pm

why i am the most biased randy and bisping fan and even i thought bisping clearly lost the fight the guy is obviously a wum as he posted on 606 about arlovski beating fedor lol
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Ok so he is a legit WUM then, since leaving 606 I don't know what WUMs are like anymore.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:51 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Bisping got Lucky, If that choke was 5 seconds earlier in the round, Bisping would have tapped. If that Knockdown in the 3rd was 2seconds earlier he woulda stopped Bisping. If you nearly get finished twice YOU are the lucky one to make it out alive. What rose tinted glasses are you seeing Bisping through? Im Wanderleis biggest fan on here and I said it was a close fight but how can Wanderlei be "Lucky"... nearly got outpointed?

Wanderlei fought a far to safe fight but he the fight was going differently he could have put his foot on the gas and put Bisping in danger. Bisping didnt offer a threat. Wanderli stopped Bisping in his tracks with a JAB!! watch it again, there was shots glancing Bisping that could have put him down, even Bisping getting clipped coming out of the clintch in the 1st he felt. you forget Wanderli wasnt in trouble of being KO'd and Bisping was.... Meaning if he had of needed to wrecklessly put the foot on the gas and go for an all out assault he could have! Bisping had 1 tactic that could have won his the fight, Stick and move then Takedown, He followed that plan to the best of his ability, Didnt work though ane theres nothing else he could have done.

In a rematch what will be do different? Nothing, cant Brawl, cant keep him down. What will Wanderlei do in a rematch? realise Bisping cant hurt him and he can Floor Bisping, he would be more confident in a rematch and smell Bispings fear from the start.

You said yourself the choke is what won Wandi the 2nd round.

" The Choke at the end near put Bisping away and won him the round, Bispings TD's ment shit because he didnt do a thing with them"

It is very easy for me and anyone else to say if Wandi didnt do x at last 30 seconds of this round, he would have lost the round etc....

Put the point is he did do it, and we can only judge the fight on what actually happened and in my view it was 29-28 Wandi. However i am of the opinion that if it hadnt been for that choke the judges w(c)ould have given rd 2 to Bisping.

Your point on takedowns not being worth much if you dont do anything with them is very much valid, but you they are seen as gold in judges scoring eyes.

Sidenote- Was it you that said Vera won the 3rd against Randy because he had him mounted for like 3 seconds??? and did nothing else in the round except get pressed against cage and dirty boxed Wink Razz
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 pm

The Bisping,Wandi fight was a close fight and no matter what people think of Bisping,he nearly pulled off a good win if he hadn't of lost the last minute of each rd.

I think you have to give Bisping abit of credit for that fight,unless you think Wandi is shot and just an average fighter in this division now because i'm not buying it was just a bad performance from Wandi because he has had more time to get ready for this fight than probably any fight he's had to prepare for before.I'm hoping that wandi is still relevant and we can see some great match ups with him and the top guys of the division(I'd personally like to see Nate vs Wandi at some stage)

Bisping won the first rd deffinately,I also think bisping was winning the 2nd untill the last minute,where Wandi did enough to swing the rd in his favour and then nearly pulled off the sub,you could deffinately see bisping take a deep breath and give us a "shit that was close" face just after the bell went.
    The last rd was much of the same,Bisping just being a bit quicker and just doing enough without doing much to be winning the rd but then Wandi stepped it up again,probably a bit earlier than the rd before and easily started scoring with bigger shots and nearly finished Bisping but I personally would only have scored the last rd 10-9 to Wandi.
    29-28 Wandi was a spot on decision.

I was hoping this fight was going to be explosive but it looked like both fighters were thinking about the judges more than trying to finish each other,but still it was an ok fight.
    MMAN
    MMAN
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  MMAN Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm not British so that negates that argument.

Also, those who choose to, can throw as many personal insults as they want, but it won't change the fact that Bisping was robbed.

What is a fuckface WUM? Is that the cosmetic surgery that Wanderlei got done?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Im sorry but I really don't understand how he was robbed. He clearly lost because he isn't a good enough fighter to capitilise on a poor Wandy. Bisping is an average fighter, nothing more.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:52 pm

MMAN have you posted on 606 before? If not you should give it a go. It is currently under reconstruction Wink
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Bisping was competetive for about 12 mins of the fight on and off, but theres no way he was robbed. He was essentially outclassed by the better man. Don't worry though, one day the UFC will get it right and match him with a fading legend who is faded enough for him to beat Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Michael Bisping vs Kenneth Wayne Shamrock anyone? Twisted Evil

i got Shammy by KO.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Haha imagine the trash talk before the fight!

Kenny: Does he know who I am? I made this sport, I am the worlds most dangerous man.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Bisping would destory Ken Shamrock. Ken's shot.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Ken Shamrock is shot, but he was a great fighter 10 - 18 years ago

Bisping has never been and will never be as good as ken was.

even though mma has evolved tremendously.

Ken would slap him in his big mouth, followed by the living death treatment. cheers
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Saying Ken is shot is one of the biggest understatements ever. He should have retired 8 years ago, and actually a few years before then as well.

Still, as much as he gets on my nerves, he still is a legend of the sport and will go down in MMA and UFC history as one of the first real pioneers of the sport. Bisping won't. Ken was one of the first guys to bring submission wrestling in to MMA, and paved the way for fighters like Josh Barnett. Bisping has no style/specialty and paved the way for no one. Ken won the UFC superfight championship 3 times, the Pride Grand Prix 2000 Finals Superfight, and is a HOFer with great victories over guys like Severn, Rutten (twice) and Funaki (twice). Bisping has victories over no fighter of that esteem and won't win anything now or ever in his career.

Bisping might beat Ken now, but to be fair Andy Wang could be Ken now, he has not aged well and is truley in denial of that but he is still a legend of the sport.

Ken forever will be greater than Bisping.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Good Wandy highlights video...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 am