THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Ricardo Mayorga to MMA

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ricardo Mayorga to MMA Empty Ricardo Mayorga to MMA

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 pm

If non Boxing fans dont know him he is the guy Mosley stopped in the last second of the last round... seriously it was a fight that could not have been more epic. He should have been up on all scorecards at the time of the KO loss (But you know boxing judges!) Mayorga is one really rugged rough fighter and weights around 155lbs so expect to see him debut at Lightweight in MMA (though at 35 he was having trouble making 155 before he left boxing)

I know Boxers joining MMA is not a big thing now but having fought guys like Mosley, De Le Hoya and Trinadad Mayorga is one of the biggest names to ever make a go at MMA. Mercer showed that any MMA guys ready to bang with a pro boxer are taking a big risk and Mercer is about 15 years older!!

I dont think he will make waves because I havnt heard that he has any other Martial arts training but Im looking forward to seeing him fight because his Boxing matches were always such entertaining slugfests.

Last edited by rudeboyben84 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : m)
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Ricardo Mayorga to MMA Empty Re: Ricardo Mayorga to MMA

Post  Shanemc Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:57 pm

wow interested to see this first really top boxer to join the mma ranks apart from mercer of course
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Intresting, obviously he has good striking coming in to MMA which will always cause opponnents problems but at 35 he is no spring chicken. Also, his ground game could be a huge problem.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:48 pm

As i said on an article on 606 this will end in tears unless he gets protected.

He is 35, a heavy smoker and no prior grappling experience it doesn't add up to a recipe for success

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 pm