THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Ricardo Arona in talks with UFC

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Ricardo Arona in talks with UFC Empty Ricardo Arona in talks with UFC

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:11 am

Considered one of the best light heavyweight fighters in the MMA for many years, Ricardo Arona is recovering from a knee injury, suffered in his last fight against Marvin Eastman. “I’m doing physical therapy, taking care of my knee. I hope I’ll be fully recovered by June and I’ll be back to fights in September or October”, Arona said. “The recovery is really well”.

But if you think Ricardo is only taking care of the injury you’re wrong. Focused on a great return, the former Pride fighter is negotiating to make the return in an international event, and it’ll probably be in the UFC. “I stopped (the negotiations) because of the injury, but some things happened, some managers called me with some projects I’ll release soon, but I’m sure I’ll be back in an international event”.

Asked is this return would be in the UFC, Arona confirmed. “I can’t talk about this project right now, but there’s a connection between me and the UFC now, something concrete that I didn’t have before. My return will be in the end of the year and will be in the UFC”, Arona revealed, exclusively to TATAME.com. “I’ll be worried about my performance, my knee and my body. I wanna do my best in every fight. I’m used to big competition like the UFC, I wanna be ready”.

http://www.tatame.com/2010/01/15/Exclusive-Arona-in-talks-with-the-UFC

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ricardo Arona in talks with UFC Empty Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with UFC

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 am

Arona owes Rampage an asskicking! There are some great fights for him in the UFC. I was really hoping he'd land in Strikeforce. Fights with Babalu, Hendo and Mousasi were exciting prospects.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:50 pm

I just hopes he recovers fully, and get his MMA career back on track, he's only 31 now and should be at his peak. I also thought he would join SF, Mousasi now is running out of opponents at 205
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Very good fighter and aquisition for the UFC if it goes through, I was also sure he would go to SF but oh well, the competition is better for him in the UFC. I doubt he can be a champion but he can be top 5.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:I just hopes he recovers fully, and get his MMA career back on track, he's only 31 now and should be at his peak. I also thought he would join SF, Mousasi now is running out of opponents at 205

Very true mate, They should have been looking into 205ers, Its a very weak devision outside UFC. UFC have 90% of the tallent at 205lbs now. Hendo is probabally better to stay at 185 for better competition I reckon. Apart from a figth with Mousasi theres no reason to be at 205lbs.

Geat Signing by the UFC if they close the deal, Arona could still be a title contender Id say. Him vs Randy or Forrest? I see them as winnable matches... Although maby a bit of a warmup fight against either of my two favorite journeymen, Matt Hamill or Canada Krzysztof Soszynski maby?

Maby Evans can show us his BB BJJ skills and try to Sub Arona! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:23 pm