THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
elmatadorafa
redmeanie77
8 posters

Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !! Empty Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !!

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Crazy Mayorga up to his hilarious antics even in MMA press conferences. I dont think i have ever seen him not start a fight at a press conference.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !! Empty Re: Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !!

Post  elmatadorafa Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:32 pm

"el matador" is going to to knock Thomas head clean off Twisted Evil
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !! Empty Re: Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Din Thomas has no Idea what he is getting himself in for. Mayorga is head an shoulders above Toney's level these days. Leg Kicks, head kicks etc.. wont matter, any man who can get the better of Shane Mosley for 90% of the fight is going to tear through any MMA fighter on the feet.

I was Mosley and Rampage doing the heavybag togeather and Mosley was genuinley hitting it harder. Mayorga is a wrecking machine. I can seriously see Thomas getting put to sleep for trying to stand with him. Mayorga is one bad ass mother fucker! lol! funny when he tried to bitch slap Din! Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Din Thomas is normally a chilled out dude, but Ricardo got in his head. Ricardo is still a dick which is erm.. good to see scratch.

Thomas sub round 2

Did anyone else notice Kimbo's brother in Thomas's corner? Laughing Or that annoying guy who kept trying to start the fight with his "wooow" chants.

It must look pretty bad on Shine where there main eventer is a dickhead who just pulls out a cigerette and smokes up in the confernce. Way to set an example.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas .... Press conference !! 2re1nph

...Leave Women alone you fat pervert! Laughing

That Avatar has be thinking I fancy sticking a bet on Mo, he is quite an underdog... interestingly Aoki is also the underdog??? anyone explain that?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayorga is just a legit badass who wont let anyone talk back to him, I think he would be a cool guy as long as you werent fighting him! I think Din will let the talk go to his head and try to prove a point and strike with him using kicks and get himself sparked.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 pm

"interestingly Aoki is also the underdog??? anyone explain that? "

No Magic pants. Enough said.... Wink
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Laughing

Ben you should check out the website I posted on the Strikeforce betting thread. Aoki is a pretty big underdog as is Mo. Now I still think Melendez will win but if I could I would definitley put at least a tenner on it. Its actually really bizarre they have Aoki as an underdog, its a once in a lifetime kind of bet and I can't take advantage Evil or Very Mad Mad
    Mo is worth a shot as well, I would because I think he really has a legit chance to beat Mousasi, im really begining to like him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayorga is a very passionate guy, when he fights someone he takes no prisoners, its the real thing for him which makes him overly agressive. If Thomas tries to stand with him he is a very stupid man but I do think he is a little smarter than that. I hope Mayorga trains right and learns some takedown defence.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Laughing I hope Mayorga wins this.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Im not paid till monday or Id throw stupid amounts of cash on Aoki... can anyone find a good online Bookies that I can use in the UK that will take a bet, I might ask for a lend of £50 to stick 40 on Aoki and a cheeky 10er on Mo.

Mayorga wont know shit about MMA and we all know it! Laughing He has a puncher chance but I seriously think all this talk of beign a man and fighting on the feet will get Din to try and stand with him. I actually like Din, I just really want Mayorga to KO him.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:05 pm

I just rewatched it, and towards the end Thomas was really about to lose it there. He should have tried to keep his cool abit more.

I would love to see Mayorga in a press conference with Sonnen. I would pay just for that press conference. Laughing

Speaking of Sonnen, he is not easing up on verbally bashing Anderson, today he said he was like Britney Spears Smile
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Here you go Ben, Paddypower is pretty reliable.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/ufc-mma/strikeforce-nashville

I always say this to everyone when discussing betting on sport. Only bet as much money as you can afford to lose. No matter what you think the chances are.

I remember losing alot of money on a "sure thing" last year. Mad

I put a tenner on Mo, and 30 on (Melendez+Hendo).
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:43 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Laughing

Ben you should check out the website I posted on the Strikeforce betting thread. Aoki is a pretty big underdog as is Mo. Now I still think Melendez will win but if I could I would definitley put at least a tenner on it. Its actually really bizarre they have Aoki as an underdog, its a once in a lifetime kind of bet and I can't take advantage Evil or Very Mad Mad
    Mo is worth a shot as well, I would because I think he really has a legit chance to beat Mousasi, im really begining to like him.

I'm glad someone else is going for a King Mo win, I've got him to spark Mousasi in the first.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Ye I just think he is too strong, big and quick for Mousasi. King Mo is probably the best wrestler in MMA right now and if he wants to takedown Mousasi, I seriously doubt Mousasi can stop him.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

good odds for aoki and king mo. Very tempting, might put a tenner on each
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:18 pm

i wouldnt bet on Mo, seeing them at the weigh ins i think Mousasi's reach will be too much for him in the stand up, on the ground its a sub for Mousasi.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:28 pm

i have thought that mousasi is going to win, but Mo does have great wrestling and the power to knock mousasi out. And we haven't really seen enough to say that he will get submitted as soon as it hits the floor.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 pm

I really think people are over estimating Mousasi on the ground. Ok he has submitted Hunt and Manhoef, who have two of the worst ground games in MMA but thats about it. Mo should be able to control Mousasi on the ground and nulify Mousasi's submission offence. Seeing them at the weigh ins and it looks like a physucal mismatch.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am