THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Dream Press Confrence

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Dream Press Confrence Empty Dream Press Confrence

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 pm

The Title fight was officially announced for Dream 13,
    (Fw title: Bibliano Fernandes v Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen)

As well as the following fighrters set to compete, Eddie Alvarez, Minowaman, Mariusz Zaromskis, Ryo Chonan, Katsunori Kikuno, Andrews Nakahara, Hideo Tokoro.

They Aslo confirmed that Aoki and Crusher wouldnt fight untill May/June and that There would also be a Dream Heavyweight title fight most likely featuring Overeem! (I wonder if he will actually defend that title!)

They said confirmed the Lhw GP, Mousasi is the only name so far, it could be 16 or 8 man, thats not been finalised yet.

Lastly this one made me happy, we will see the return of the White Cage this year! WooHoo Very Happy
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dream Press Confrence Empty Re: Dream Press Confrence

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:37 pm

There is no Dream HW champ at the moment, so Overeem if he's fighting will be for the vacant title, because i doubt they will unify the Strikeforce and Dream titles.

Overroid v Arlovski for Dream HW title sounds great. cheers

And of course will give Overeem an excuse to not fight in states soon.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Overeem vs Arlovski would be a good fight. But i'd like to see it be Big Foot Silva.

The rest of that press conference brings great news. Not sure about Alvarez fighting there though, when does the next season of Bellator start?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 pm

I wonder when Bigfoots next fight is? Surely he wouldnt be in contention for a shot? Barentt doesnt have to past tests in JApan. I read an interview and he said he is open to Dream/SF and UFC, he just wants to fight again ASAP. Overoid vs Barnett maby? Maby even Fedor vs Overoid in Dream for the Title? That makes most sence to me....

Its a shame Arlovski and Sylvia arent going to Dream or SF sooner, Id love to see Big Foot fight one of them
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Fedor will be tied up with the Werdum fight. Barnett is actually a great call. The winner of him vs Overeem could fight the winner of Fedor vs......well they could lose to Fedor next!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Barnett vs Overoid!!!!! The battle of the roids. Horse meat vs Anabolics Laughing

Seriously though I do want to see Barnett fight again wherever, hopefully, after getting caught three times, he has stopped the roids and we can see Barnett vs Fedor at long last. Id actually prefer it if he stuck to Japan but it would be intresting to see him in Strikeforce of the UFC. Barnett vs Fedor/Lesner/Mir/Carwin make for some good fights.

Im not sure if Fedor will go for the DREAM HW belt, I think he might leave that for Mousasi honestly. He doesn't really need it, he does need the Strikeforce HW belt though to show he is the best fighter there. Hopefully Overoid gets stripped quickly so Fedor vs Werdum can be for the SF HW title and then Overoid can fuck off to Japan or the UFC without the horsemeat.

What Id like to see is Barnett face Big foot/Sylvia and Arvloski to face Overoid. The winners face each other to determine the champion. If Fedor really wants that belt, he gets the first shot but considering Mousasi wants to fight at HW and is starting to gain weight already, he might leave it for him.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 am

i'm pretty sure the babyfaced assasin has issues with the DREAM organisers which has prevented him from fighting there in the past.

cant remember what they were exactly but thats why he wwent to Sengoku.

anyway if he is desperate to fight, and Dream reallly need more good HWs, they will hopefully work something out.

its been over a year now and he is such a great fighter in his prime its a shame to be inactive when you're healthy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 am