THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

WEC 46 Weigh-In Press Conference

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

WEC 46 Weigh-In Press Conference Empty WEC 46 Weigh-In Press Conference

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:25 am

Can some1 please find and upload this? Apparently Frank Mir said he was the best HW in the world and that Fedor was too small to fight the big HW's because he was 5'11 and 235 with a belly and belonged at 205.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

WEC 46 Weigh-In Press Conference Empty Re: WEC 46 Weigh-In Press Conference

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 am

I couldn't find this, are you sure its true? Mir in the past has actually been very respectful of Fedor, saying he is the best HW in the world but that he could beat him. Where did you hear that?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:27 pm

It was on ESPN. The had an article detailed some of the things people were asked and the answers they gave.

Mir is getting a horsemeat complex me thinks.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Mir really has hangups about Size... Laughing I bet he is a letdown to the ladies!

Anyway Fedor is a Lhw, He could easily make the cut but regardless of what his natural weight class it doesnt meana guy who belongs in a lower weight class cant batter bigger guys.

Anderson Silva is a Mw and smashed Forrest Griffin... theres about the same Gulf in tallent between Mir and Fedor than between Anderson and Forrest.

Mir is an Arsehole, Fedor would drop him and rip that tiny bit of fluff from below Mirs bottom lip as a trophy!

Dana White also seems so confident that his supersized heavys could beat Fedor... IF they care all so confident why not arrange a UFC fighter to fight outside the UFC and see if it happens? they let Houston Alexander fight outside the UFC etc...

They dont even have to risk loosing face by sending their best heavy in Lesnar. Why not send Carwin or Mir to beat him? They both seem confident they could do so.

Mir is one of the most Irritating guys in MMA, I loved how him and his mates were all slagging Lesnar, saying "All I need is my Doubleg and my Muscles" and all making fun of Brock... Fair enough Brock got wound up. he beat Mir to a pulp and Ive no issues with him getting in Mirs face afterwards. Mir has shown 0 respect to any of his recent opponents so fuck shaking his hand or acting "sportsmanly" to him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

They sent Chuck to Pride years back to beat Wanderlei in the tournament. Now it didn't really work out after Rampage beat his ass but they were willing to do it.

Why not challenge Fedor to a fight with Mir in Japan? Neutral ground. To be fair though. When Fedor KOs Mir and leaves him unconscious in a heap, Dana would then have to admit Fedor is the man, and he's just not going to do that. Apparently there will be NO fedor clips on the best of pride thing other than clips of things going against him like Randleman suplex.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Thats not really a suprise though to you is it? It would be like Strikeforce promoting Hendo with a clip of him getting submitted by Silva.

Don't let the title fool you, its not really the best of Pride when you have Chuck Liddell in a fight, its just another marketing tool.

I actually really wish the UFC would do that, in the states preferably but its ok in Japan as well. How awesome would it be if both promotions were willing to co-promote and have a Strikeforce vs UFC kind of thing. You would get to see matches like Fedor vs Lesner, Carwin vs Overoid, Mir vs Werdum, Mouasi vs Machida, BJ vs Aoki and best of all Kimbo vs Walker. Why does Dana have to be such a dick.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 pm

here are the most successful heavyweights ever;

1. Fedor (fat @ 230)
    2. Nog (has identical twin @ LHW)
    3. Crocop (220)
    4. Coleman (LHW)
    5. Randy (LHW)
    6. Igor (LHW)

give it up Mir.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 pm

oh and chuck KOing strikeforce hw champion????

could they be any more obvious?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Didn't Coleman used to be huge? Only in the last few years has he become a LHW, and still at over 40 years of age he is still one of the bigger LHWs, much bigger than Shogun and a similar size to Bonnar.

Nog could probably make LHW and is considered a small HW but he is much bigger in person. I didn't realise he was so tall till I met him face to face.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Wered you meet Nog mate? you get talking to him at all? Ive only met Bisping, Couture, Tyson Griffin, Dana White... And Michael Buffer! Laughing It was when I stayed after the show in Belfast... we were shouting for Joe Rogan to come over but no luck!

Couture was a Gentleman as was Dana, Couture took a pic with my Bro and his Fist was the size of his head!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:50 pm

One of the greatest momments in my life, after UFC 81. I asked him for his autograph (which is framed on my wall Laughing) and congratulated him on his win but I didn't get into a serious conversation because he had just fought. Such a great guy, he is probably the fighter I respect most in MMA today.

I remember you told me that story when you met Griffin after his fight with Guida. Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:06 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:One of the greatest momments in my life, after UFC 81. I asked him for his autograph (which is framed on my wall Laughing) and congratulated him on his win but I didn't get into a serious conversation because he had just fought. Such a great guy, he is probably the fighter I respect most in MMA today.

I remember you told me that story when you met Griffin after his fight with Guida. Laughing

That Is Awsome mate!! Ive far more respect for Nog than pretty much anyone in MMA bar Wanderlei, Living legend. the man is MMA's Jake Lamotta, Id love to see the Nog Bros as champs this year. Thats really cool he took time to give autographs... meet anyone else?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 pm

There is only one thing that would make me happier than big Nog winning the HW title in MMA. That would be GSP hammering Silva but if Nog were to win it would be incredible. It would be the greatest title victory ever.

Ive met Hughes, Bader, Lesnar and CB Dollaway before for a short period as well, I hope I get to meet a few when I go to UFC 112. I really want to meet GSP once.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 pm

The only MMA fighters I have met are not quite as impressive but they were both nice guys and that was Matt Serra and BJ Penns Jits coach Charuto,they both were at a local show over here in North carolina.
    http://carolinafightpromotions.com/

But more impressive then any of those though is I once met and had a beer with Matt Hardy the WWE wrestler.affraid
    Yeah,yeah I know,super impressed aren't you.

I was a coward though and not once took the piss out of Wrestling.
    glad I didn't meet him after a few more beers,I don't think he would of been so friendly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm