THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+23
elmatadorafa
superlee
Heterocyclic
The_Axe_Emperor
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Paddyjock
Jud_Danger
Albion_Oakley
sunthunder
mikeyboybisping
George_Louis_Costanza@who
TomHughes1983
Ginginho
payneNglory1
Moose Stuff For Money...
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
hendos_right_hook
Shanemc
redmeanie77
pinsman
rudeboyben84
27 posters

MMA Calendar

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Calendar - Page 2 Empty Re: MMA Calendar

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Yuki Sasaki vs Filho at 185 or 205? Cheers for the update Chesty.

Thanks for the Moose ill add Balckburn
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:11 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Are these the only 2 fights on?

Xtreme Kombat League: 20/2
    Hw: Jeff Monson v Bryan Vetell
    Hw: Ricco Rodriguez v Brian Ryan
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Shit forgot Rumble was out. Hopefully they can give him a higher profile fight when he returns cause the Kos fight wa a fuck up and not his fault... Kos Faked the Low blows and might have lost if he hadnt. Rumble vs Saunder or Swick would work well for me.

No Red there are loads of other fights on the card, Ive never heard of a single fighter apart from the 2 mentioned... though id would be a waste of space to publish the rest! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:09 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Hendo's only excting in fights where his opponent is known for exciting performances (Wandy is the best example) but he never makes any fight that exciting. Compare Hendo's fight with Rampage to Griffin's fight with Rampage, no comparision, Griffin's fight was much more exiciting.

Thats your opinion which is fair enough but personally im always entertained when he fights.

Hendo's fight with Rampage was a much better fight and far more exciting! The Griffin-Rampage fight was pretty boring. Legkick fest, a couple of takedowns, some humping and Forrest trying for an armbar.

Hendo-Rampage was a much better fight!

Hendo vs both Nogs in all 3 fights were excellent fights.

Hendo - Bisping was exciting because of Hendo, as were his fights with Misaki.

Hendo makes fights exciting because he ALWAYS tries to finish and can knock anyone out and is willing to stand with anyone and bang.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Also Hendo repeatedly clubbing a defencelsee Jake Shields about will be entertaining! cheers
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Hendo vs Rampage was horrible, both guys gassed out quickly and Rampage won a pretty one sided decision, 4 rounds to 1. Awful how fast both guys gassed. Griffin vs Rampage was a much better fights, both got dropped, and some nice slams as well.

Nogs are always exciting.

The Bisping fight was fun because Hendo destroyed him, but Bisping was clearly out of his depth and made for a one-sided beatings. Its funny because Bisping ended up like:

MMA Calendar - Page 2 Bispinghendo

But Bisping is only a 2nd tier fighter.

The Misaki fights were boring, im suprised Misaki actually beat Hendo.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Franklin is an exciting fighter and I personally thought Rich should of got the decision when he fought Hendo.
    When Franklin first came on the UFC scene he was as exciting as any fighter,kicking arse and taking numbers.

4 decisions in 32 fights and they were against the Crow when he was at the top of his game,the decision master in Okami,Hendo who has more decision wins than KO's or subs combined and Wandi,I wouldn't say that was a fighter that trys to win by the judges and doesn't go for the finish.

This is not a knock on Hendo because I think he is a great fighter but Hendo has been to a decision 17 times and only has 11 TKO/KO,s,where as Franklin has only been to a decision 4 times with 14 TKO/KO's and they have both fought 32 times.

But anyway Couture's going to put a beat down on Franklin anyway.

Look what Vitor did to Rich and look what happened to Vitor when he faced Randy,twice.

Randy still to this day beats Hendo,Belfort,Franklin and Wandi, no problems at all.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:11 pm

MMA math, seriously?

Jens Pulver beat BJ Penn
    Gomi beat Pulver
    Penn beat Gomi.

Maia beat Sonnen
    Nate beat Maia
    Sonnen beat Nate

and so many more examples.

I didn't want to admit it at the time but Belfort is a bad matchup for Rich with his power and quick hands.

Randy is an awful matchup for Belfort, especially in the octagon, the only way Belfort wins is by a piece of tape on his glove because its an awful matchup for him.

Rich and Randy matchup a lot better, Rich is the better striker and he has enough skills to avoid being pushed up against the cage. Vera hurt Randy with kicks, Franklin will do the same.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Of coarse MMA math is a flawed,but what else do you use to compare fighters that have never fought if you don't want to use common opponents?

I'm looking forward to the fight,as its two fighters I really like.

Randys chin is not great and there is every chance Rich could tag him,but I think Randy is stronger and could cause alsorts of problems for Rich in the clinch.
    Vera is a LHW that has fought at heavy like Randy,Rich is a MW who has not yet made a true move up to LHW and I think strength will be what makes the differance between the two,and we know that Rich doesn't like to be against the cage in a clinch.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Its all about style's, its the best way to compare fights.

Vera did shit at HW besides a fluke win over Mir who was at the worst point of his career.

Franklin has fought strong guys before, Hammil is very strong.

Randy isn't going to submit Rich and will lose a standup fight, Rich just needs to make sure he avoids being pressed against the cage.

I love Randy Couture and I always defend him against the Pride boys in the forum but Rich is my second favourite fighter so I have no option but to go against him here.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:09 pm

If it's styles then,I would say Randy has far more experiance fighting better,bigger strikers than Franklin,(Rizzo,Chuck,Vera,Belfort,Sylvia,Gonzaga)where as Rich hasn't really faced bigger better wrestlers than Randy.Okami,Hammill and Hendo are the only wrestlers Rich has really faced.

I don't blame you one bit sticking up for Rich,I'm in a similar boat where I like both Fighters,Randy just edges it for me.

I'm just in awe of him,he's just gave me so many great MMA memories over the years like beating Chuck when no-one gave him a chance,spanking Tito,schooling Timmeh and Gonzaga,doing all this while being classed as to old to compete tongue he is still competeing and winning at 47.
    All thoughs great moments and the fact that he just comes across as a real good down to earth guy and talks so much sense when he is being interviewed,plus every fighter in MMA seems to have alot of respect for him.

Sorry ran away with my self and my Randy man love,but I just can't see how anybody can not love Randy.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Rich vs Randy will be a boring fight that goes to the judges and is lopsided to one or the other depending on who has the better gameplan.

Rampage vs Hendo was an excellent fight, far better than Rampage-Griffin which was on similar footing to Rampage-Jardine. BORING! Oh, and the fight was a 48-47. One of the judges scored it right, the other two didn't give enough credit to Hendo.

Nogs are not always entertaining and both have been in a lot of boring fights, especially big Nog who's fights tend to be boring unless he's getting his face smashed.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Big Nog vs Randy was one of the best fights of last year, not bad for two "boring" fighters. Then there are so many, im not going to list them

Lil Nog vs Shogun was much better than Lil nog vs Hendo.

Hendo vs Rampage was almost embarassing because of there cardio, they go into a fucking title shot with that kind of cardio? Are you kidding me, its bad enough for Rampage the champion but Hendo failied to take advantage. Griffin, no better a fighter than Hendo came in shape and won.

It was 49-47, Hendo only won one round.

Franklin is a much more exciting fighter, more finishes and only 4 decisions. Not bad for a guy who plays for the judges.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:14 am

Big Nog vs Randy was a good fight, not a great one. It was nowhere close to being one of the fights of the year. It was a one-sided schooling.

Shogun made the fight with Lil Nog exciting. His style made every fight he was in exciting.

Hendo won two rounds against Rampage.

Franklin is a dull fighter who has fought only a handful of top fighters over his career. Look at some of the bums on his record! Hendo has fought great fighters his entire career! Franklin wouldn't have lasted a round with the type of fighters Hendo has fought and beat in his career. Franklin got to his twentieth fight and the only good fighters he'd fought were Machida who battered him and was only starting out at that stage not the great fighter he is now, and Evan Tanner who was decent but not great. The rest were bums and journeymen! Oh and Ken Shamrock who was in middle of getting beaten up by Tito.

Since then he has beaten - Quarry, McDonald, Loiseua, Lutter, McDonald, Okami and Hamill. Not exactly a list of pound for pound greats. And he beat Wanderlei in a close decision for which Wandi fucked up his weight cut.

He's had his ass handed to him by Anderson Silva twice and got KO'd by Vitor and beaten by Hendo.

He's lost to every top level fighter he's ever faced except for Wandi, decisively in all fights except the Hendo fight(in which he clearly lost the first two rounds), and the Wandi he fought was not the Wandi that Hendo fought.

Rich Franklin is over-rated and dull.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:16 am

None of Shogun's other fights were nearly as exciting.

My debate was never If Franklin was an all time great or not, I don't like him because he is a world class fighter.

In his early career he beat Fulton, Riveria, and Tanner twice. Shamrock was shit but atleast Ken was coming off a win and Franklin finished Ken much quicker than Tito did.
    Not the best competition but they aren't bums.

Atleast Franklin never lost to someone as average as Misaki who lost to Frank Trigg soon after.

Henderson fought bums or undersized fighters in his first 5 fight. In fact Hendo has fought alot of much smaller opponents in his career, Renzo Gracie, Gono,Newton, Chonan. He has NINE Split decisions in his career and only lost one. Those were against some average or undersized fighters as well that Franklin would finish in a round.

Franklin vs Hendo was a bullshit decision, Franklin clearly landed the better shots in the whole fight and Hendo did fuck all. Franklin came much closer to winning the fight than Hendo did. Plus Hendo poked his fucking eye out.

The Wandy who fought Hendo was the same as the one who fought against Franklin, both times he was in the middle of the worst spell of his career.

A Silva has fucked everyone up, including Hendo. Not handling the weight cut properly is not an excuse, its disgraceful. A 38 year old man who still can't cut weight right is not a good thing.

Im not disputing the fact that Hendo is a legend of the sport but he isn't the most exciting my by books.

Dan Henderson 39 years old 32 fights 13 decisions more than KOs and subs combined.

Franklin 34 years old 4 decisions 14 KOs 9 submissions.

Not sure how he is a dull fighter, I can't really understand how he is a dull fighter in anyway.

I would also like to point out that Machida would destroy Hendo if they fought, and probably finish him quite quickly as well be it by TKO or submission. No shame in losing to Machida.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 am

The ones you've named are journeymen, as are The Crow, Nate Quarry and the rest that he's beaten bar Wandi. Ken Shamrock was coming off a win against Kimo, let's not pretend he beat a real fighter!

Hendo fought top class fighter from his 4th fight on. Carlos Newton was a WW champion and an excellent fighter in his day.

Misaki is the only non-great that Hendo lost to. Hendo beat Nog who's slightly better than anyone Franklin has ever beaten. He beat Vitor who scrapped a close one over Franklin that you may remember. He beat the real Wandi who was still the best LHW in the world at the time. He also beat Franklin. Clear 2 rounds to 1. Hendo dominated the first round and won the second. No question.

Hendo may have fought some smaller fighters, he also fought plenty of bigger fighters. Renzo is a career MW by the way, he's cutting to face Hughes. He wasn't undersized.

Hendo has fought great fighters his entire career, hence many of his fights going the distance. The majority of Franklins fights with great fighters ended in the first round with him lying flat on his back.

You are talking complete shite about his split decisions, the only one that was against someone smaller than him was Carlos Newton. In fact, that was the only decision he had against someone smaller than him.

Nog, Babalu, Wandi, Yvel, Arona, Ninja, Bustamante, Belfort, Palhaeres, Kondo, Misaki, Goes, Kanehara, Newton, Rampage. Those are the fighters Hendo has gone the distance with.

Franklin would beat Kondo, Misaki, Goes, Newton and Kanehara, and probably Ninja. And he fought and couldn't finish a past his best Wandi(as opposed to the Wandi that Hendo fought both times). But the rest would beat him and most of them would beat him convincingly.

The same Wandi!! Hilarious shite. Different fighter, different mentality.

Anderson Silva didn't fuck Hendo up at all. Hendo won the first round with ease in that fight. Rich had already been carted out twice before Hendo gassed. Cutting weight at 38 is incredibly hard. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh, and Machida wouldn't TKO Hendo. He'd beat him over 5 rounds but he wouldn't TKO him. The guy has NEVER been knocked out. And i greatly doubt that Machida could tap him either. He's been tapped three times, by the Nogs who tap pretty much everyone and Silva after he'd gassed. The Machida that fights now is far better than the one that fought Franklin. Hendo would give him a much closer fight than Franklin did. Not that it would be hard.

Oh, and lastly, comical claims that none of Shogun's other fights were as exciting. They might not have been as competitive but they certainly were as exciting.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:52 am

Tanner wasn't a joureney man, he is by today's standard but back then he was one of the best MWs in the world.

Newtwon was a WW, doesn't matter how good he was he was a WW and Matt Hughes finished him quicker.

I agree Nog is a better than anyone Franklin has beaten but this was a long time ago when Nog was still a kid. Long before he came the champion he was today and he easily won a rematch.

Intresting about Renzo because Almedia says he wants to cut to 155 permanantley if (when) Frankie Edgar losses his belt.

I said average fighters as well, I only said undersized because I had Newton in mind but he splits with a few average fighters like Ninja, Kanehera, Kondo.

The Wandy who fought Hendo was at the begining of a terrible run, Franklin is what we all think and hope is the end. How are they different?

Ye because 46 year old Randy, the guy you love to bash seems to be fine doing it. At 38 you should have no cardio problems, if your body gets weaker I can understand but you should have already have gotten with the process by now. Hendo won the first round by LnP, Silva got him with some big shots and submitted him in round 2, it wasn't a long fight. Around the same time as he finished Franklin second time.

So what? Evans and Silva had never been Koed before Machida fought them. Not dispiting that Hendo has an incredible chin, second best in the business but how many shots can you take before you go down? Look at Ol Ironhead, everyone thought his head was made of iron till he met Overoid.

Would like to point out that Hendo is certainly the greater name here and im not sure how this started. Still Franklin never had Pride rules, imagine what he could do with soccer kicks, stomps and roids.

There are a who bunch of fighters out there that are greater names and fighters than Dan Henderson.

Machida is a terrible match up for Hendo, where is he going to win? Standup Laughing He always has the chance of the big hit but he would get tagged by a bunch of counter shots. Don't think Hendo can take Machida down.

What fights would those be? His two classics with Coleman? His epic with Liddell? Getting his ass kicked by Griffin? Leg kick marathon against Machida? Most of the others have just been quick KO's or submissions. Lil Nog was his most exciting fight and most guys would be delighted with that but for some reason you won't take it. Shougn vs Lil Nog was one of the best fights that year.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 am

Ben, you have UFC 111 down for 13/3 when it is on 27/3. That means 3 UFC events in 10 days with UFC 112 two weeks after that!!! They're starting to crank them out now...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Cheers Ging Ill get that Fixed... never pay attention to the dates

"None of Shogun's other fights were nearly as exciting"???? Chelsea behave! Shogun is one of the most entertaining fighters in MMA, 2 of his wins have done to a Decision and one was the Nog fight!!! I think you would have trouble pointing out a dull Shogun fight!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Just to say, wasnt id Big Nog Hendo beat and lost to Lil Nog? Big Nog is as the number 2 heavy of all time isnt a bad scalp to claim for a Natural Mw.

In terms of Excitment, Rich is a good fighter to watch... I dont know how anyone could label him boxing, if he wanted to go to the Judges as oppose to stick his chin in the air and trade with Wanderlei I can see why! Its not like he avoided exchanges! Rich is as exciting as Hendo for me.

They arent leagues apart Tallent wise, but Hendo has bigger win and was the only man ever to hold two titles at different weights at the same time.

Hendo has won fights against Yvel who I think weighed in at close to 250lbs when they fought and Big Nog, I dont think you can use the fact Hendo has also fought smaller guys as a negetave because Newton would beat at least half the fighters on Rich's record.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:58 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:No Red there are loads of other fights on the card, Ive never heard of a single fighter apart from the 2 mentioned... though id would be a waste of space to publish the rest! Laughing

Not to be funny Ben but could you post some of the other fighters names? Some of us do follow some of the obscure fighters too especially when they're putting together runs of wins in the smaller events. Cheers fella and well done for putting together such a complete MMA calendar as usual.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Only back to the Forum and being demanding already! Laughing

Only joking Pete good to have you back, Yeah ill get the full card on there, I used to leave out fight were I hadnt heard of either guy, sometimes on SF Challengers cards etc.

Main reason I did this was to cut down on how long the Article was because 606 had a limit of the length of an article...

Ill update you with the full card when I get home tonight, internet access in work is limited.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:17 pm

No I think everyone has misunderstood me. I never labled Shogun a boring fighter, that would be stupid, I just said IMO Shogun vs Lil Nog was his most exciting fight and it was an absolutley brilliant fight. The Pride version of Griffin vs Bonnar. So whats the problem? If I had a fight as exciting as that I would be delighted.

It was Anfield who claimed Lil Nog and Big Nog as boring.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Machida might not have been the slobber knocker, but it was totally enthralling to watch.

Forrest fight was in the top 10 of the UFC 100 best ever fights.

Coleman 1 was an injury, they happen.
    Coleman 2 was fight of the night!

(none of those last 3 were Shogun at his best, but thats what gave his opponent a chance to make an exciting fight!)

Lidell was an exciting fight, nearly submitted him before KOing him inside a round.

Overeem 2 was a diving punch KO, what more can you ask for?

Randleman = sick submission that would have had everyone of their seat.

Snake was beating him on the feet before Shogun showed the French how to play football Twisted Evil

Arona, Overeem 1, Rampage and his early PRIDE fights were spectacular KOs.

whats not to love?

1 boring fight that was Nakamura.

havent seen his first 4 fights but he KOd all his opponents in an average of about 3 minutes. cheers

edit: just seen your last post!

MMA Calendar - Page 2 Simpsons-the-doh-49005791

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content