THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
7 posters

Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog !

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog ! Empty Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog !

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm

UPCOMING EVENTSGIFSSUBMIT LINKCHATROOMFIGHTWIKILINKSFORUM Looks Like No Wandy/Anderson In Near Future
    February 12, 2010 11:04 AM

- WANDERLEI TO TRAIN WITH ANDERSON AT UFC 110
    Friday, February 12, 2010 - by Damon Martin - MMAWeekly.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no doubt that Brazilian fighters are a proud people, and when rivalries rise up sometimes there's not much anybody can do to put out the fire. One rivalry that came and went recently was between former training partners Wanderlei Silva and UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Some words were exchanged and it looked like a fight could be on the horizon for the former Chute Boxe fighters, but cooler heads prevailed and now the two legendary strikers are set to train together once again.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly.com, Wanderlei says that he no longer has a need to fight Anderson, and he even plans on working with the champ’s Black House team in the near future.

"From now on I don't want to fight this man," Wanderlei said. "Maybe as soon as possible I'm going train with him in L.A. because he has a good thing there."

He later told MMAWeekly.com that he would be training, at least on a limited basis, with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Anderson while they are all in Australia for UFC 110.

Working in Los Angeles, Anderson has built a world-class team including the Nogueira brothers and other top fighters from around the world. Wanderlei has assembled his own team in Las Vegas, but still believes mixing things up every now and again will only help them both.

"He offered to give me a few classes and I think it would be good for me, for him, and I'm going to train with him there," Wanderlei commented.

He will head to Australia this week to finish preparation for his UFC 110 bout against Michael Bisping.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10707&zoneid=2
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog ! Empty Re: Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog !

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Thats great news, Currently he seems the top dog in his own gym and sparring with guys worse than you isnt going to help him improve his game technically these days a top fighters needs a top gym to keep ahead of the game.

Wanderlei looks so crisp and accurate hitting pads but when he gets in the Cage his Arms go out to 45degrees and he starts throwing bombs leaving himself exposed down the middle... old habbits die hard as they say. Sparring with Nog and Anderson who are more technical rangey Strikers is the best thing he could do.

Really good news for any Wanderlei fans.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog ! Empty Re: Wanderlei to train with Anderson and Nog !

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm starting to wish that Anderson Silva would just forget the MW division and move to LHW permanently.

This sucks,there isn't exactly a mass of contenders at MW for him,Hendo's gone,belfort injured and I don't think the GSP fight will ever happen,so at some stage the Wandi fight would deffinately of been a fight I would of been interested in seeing.

Sonnen,Marquardt and Maia are more deserving but none of them are fights that really blow me away and I think Silva has an easy time against them all.

The MW division is probably the weakest division in MMA
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 pm

There's no point in Silva moving to LHW whilst Machida is champion. Those two will never fight.

Agree that MW is the weakest division.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Huuum interesting! This can only be a good thing for Wandi I see improvments in the future!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Who knows what the future holds, Maby Wanderlei will become number 1 contender and they will have to fight but as it stands Wanderlei has a while to go before that happens. Fair Point about Machida, I was only thinking Lil Nog!! But with 2 teammates at 205 I suppose its an unlikely move!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:59 pm

yeah I see your point about him not fighting Machida but there are still alot more fights I would like to see him in at LHW than there are for him at MW.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Who says Machida will be champ for much longer? lol
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah but if he was to fight say Evans and Shogun and beat them both, then what? No where to go. I think Dana should be working on getting Rashad to cut down, maybe Shogun could too.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Maby, Evans said he doesnt like to cut weight because he likes to feel more energetic when he fights, Shogun has never been a Mw and is a bit bigger than Evans, though Id imagine he could make the cut at a push, You mentioned him a few times, he never really looked undersized apart from in the Forrest fight. But there is room in the Lhw devision for a few fighters to make the cut.

I wonder if Anderson would take a title shot at 205 if Shogun was champ? Or wether Nog and Machida being top contenders would mean he wouldnt want to step on their toes.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:17 pm

From what i've heard the Black House fighters just want to see each other do well and they feel that one of them winning a belt is recognition for the whole gym and the work they put in together. So if Anderson was offered to shot then i'm sure the others would step aside. Although if Shogun did beat Machida, there will have to be a rematch. Shogun lost as challenger and got a rematch, you can be certain Machida will get one if he loses. Ed Soares will make certain of it. Soares is IMO the most powerful man in MMA right now. Look at his stable of fighters, and all of them are incredibly loyal to him. If the UFC fucked with him he could easily refuse to negotiate deals and one by one get his fighters deals with Strikeforce/Dream. Both Nogs, Machida, Silva, Dos Santos, Aldo,

I think Shogun could easily make it. Ninja makes it and he's got a thicker frame than Shogun although Shogun is 2 inches taller. Shogun isn't exactly ripped. Rashad did say on MMA Live a few weeks back that he might consider it if he didn't think he could get the title at 205 and he seemed to admit that he doesn't think he could beat Machida.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 pm

Fuck thats a defeatest attitude from Evans... then agin if anyone left me in a heap like that id sooner not fight them again!

Didnt realise Aldo was Blackhouse, Theres a good Change that they will have Champs in 4 different Weight classes! With Guys like Lil Nog potentially not holding a belt! Thats probabally the best Camp in MMA right now.

I think If Shogun beats Machida decisivley then Machida wont get an imediate rematch, I think they will match him up with say Couture or Rampage. Im sure Blackhouse wouldnt worry because Lil Nog and Anderson would be potential Shogun opponents.

Who is Shogun currently training with?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Good thing for Wandy training with an excellent group of fighters. Don't know how many people he is actually training with but he is training with Maia from his camp and potentiolly Palahaeres and Filhio at Black house. Plus training with the Nog Bros and all the other blackbelts will help him practice his BJJ so should it go to the ground, he will be well prepared. His striking, already world-class training with world-class MMA fighters... Its a bad fight for Bisping.

I don't think Machida would deserve a rematch should he lose. Im going to cause some fuss by saying this (Chesty and Ben in particular) but I don't think Shogun deserves the rematch as it is. He lost a very close fight, on another fight he possibly could have won but he didn't. He lost and he should have atleast needed one more fight before a rematch. There is no way Machida would deserve a rematch should he lose, especially if its a one sided blowout. One thing that makes the Shogun rematch acceptable is that there were no other worthy challengers around, the UFC won't have that problem if Shogun wins. You would have the Rampage/Evans winner, Lil Nog/Griffin winner, A Silva, and a few others. Add the fact that there are plenty of emerging talented LHWs like Jones, Davis and Bader and Machida would not deserve a shot.

It would be completely unproffesional of Soares to bribe the UFC by pulling out all blackhouse fighters.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 pm

If Machida suffers the biggest robbery in UFC history then he can get a rematch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 pm

If Ed Soares demands a rematch for him he'll get it.

He's not losing anyway so it won't matter. Chelski is right though, Shogun shouldn't be getting a rematch. He lost, simple as.

Chelski, Soares does what's best for his fighters, that means getting them the best money and title opportunities.

Ben, Shogun is training at his own gym, Universidade da luta. And i think Black House is probably the best in terms of the current ranking of their fighters, but i've got a bias towards ATT so i'd put them side by side.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Soares didnt want Anderson to fight Belfort, as he felt he is not worthy of the title shot and Dana just ignored him.

I dont know why you think Soares gets what he wants.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 pm

I don't think he is going to lose either but im pointing out that if he were to lose, unless it was a cut, or an absolute, Hammil vs Bisping esque decicision then he would not deserve and probably not recieve a title shot.

I doubt Ed Soares will be too bummed because as Ben said it opens the way for Lil Nog and A Silva so someone else can get a shot. I assume he would let Lil Nog have a go before Silva if what your saying is true. If he chooses Silva then its clear he is there for the money soley.

Blackhouse certainly have the best success rate right now in MMA but I do think ATT train a much larger number of people so losses are more likely.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Soares didnt want Anderson to fight Belfort, as he felt he is not worthy of the title shot and Dana just ignored him.

I dont know why you think Soares gets what he wants.

Soares never tried to stop the fight. Does nobody get what Soares is doing? When he says "fighter A does not deserve a title shot" he's simply trying to piss them off. Most people don't fight as well when they are pissed off and will come out to prove a point and try and KO Silva. People who come at Silva are getting KO'd quick. Soares plays very basic mind games and they work. Really really well.

Ed Soares ALWAYS gets what he wants.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 pm

"Ed Soares ALWAYS gets what he wants"

Yeah ok, and when he doesnt get something that he said he wanted, its actually because he didnt really want the thing the he said he wanted. Laughing

Although i do admit he is probably the only person in the world than can covince Machida to fight Anderson. Papa Machida couldnt even convince his son. Crying or Very sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Soares didn't try to stop the Belfort fight. So it's not that he didn't want it, he just wants to wind up Vitor and make him think that Anderson is unsure about the fight, making Vitor pissed off and cocky. Meaning he comes straight at Silva and finds himself in a heap on the ground.

Soares is a complete bell-end. Right up with Chael Sonnen. But he's a very smart man.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am

Well Dana, the fertittas, Joe Silva and anyone of any importance in the UFC all thought he should have won and their opinion counts.

i promise they know more about mma than some boxing judges btw.

also 95% of media outlets and 95% of fans thought he won, if he had NOT gotten a rematch that would be unfair.

p.s. it was already unfair that he lost in the first place. bounce
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am

It was 95% after the fight, because they'd all watched it with Rogan's retarded commentary. Once people watched it without the commentary they say a different fight. Machida won the fight and kept his belt deservedly.

Dana is an ass and only cares about money, Shogun is a bigger draw than Machida and there were rumours that the Fertittas are very very upset that their money was wasted on Pride and the great fighters they were supposed to get haven't materialized which was behind Shogun getting a title shot without earning one.

Once Machida crushes Shogun in the rematch it will end the stupidity.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 am

If people are finding trouble think of a rant, then they should check out the posts the day after 104. How sickening that sunday morning felt.

Only 95% of fans?? Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 am

Was a wonderful Sunday, sun was shining, birds were chirping, dana was crying, the dragon was drinking his own piss......fantastic all round.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:08 am

"was 95% after the fight, because they'd all watched it with Rogan's retarded commentary"

The crowd that booed Machida after the fight did not have Rogans commentary.

"Once Machida crushes Shogun in the rematch it will end the stupidity"

Judges fuck up plenty of times and rob fighters of wins, it happens alot in boxing, it happen in MMA. Watching a fighter get robbed is the worst thing that can happen to boxing/MMA fan. People have a right to get pissed off, for spending money to see that shit. And just because on this occasion it was your favourite fighter than benefited does not mean poeople should not be pissed off. Mate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:13 am