THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Wanderlei Seminar

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei Seminar Empty Wanderlei Seminar

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:26 am

Allright lads I just though id let you know I met the Axe Murderor last night! I think Kaldog was there too but he never PM'd me his mobile number and Ive no Idea what he looks like! Laughing

Anyway the actual Seminar was just really basic MMA stuff, a couple of nice techniques like switch hitting and how to sprawl back to your feet after a Takedown. Did a bit of clintch work etc..

Got our photos taken with him, and he sat in the middle and gave a talk, he told a few funny stories and gave people advise on trainining and fighting etc.. then took questions. I asked if he really got the "Saku" belt when he beat Sakuraba and he said he did, he said Sakuraba and the Japanese in general are really nice people and he keeps the belt in his Vegas Gym.

There was photographers there as well so hopefully Ill get a few pics up. He seemed in good health, he wasnt on crutches and was actually demonstrating all the techniques. He said he was gutted to miss the Sexyamam fight and is still hoping to fight Leben next... and someone asked about fightign Sonnen, he said he might go after him next year!

Anyway he is touring the UK doing seminars to keep an eye out, id recomend it.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Seminar Empty Re: Wanderlei Seminar

Post  the_king Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:52 pm

cool ben sounds like you had a good time. im gonna head to google now to find out if he is up my neck of the woods.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:54 pm

that's really cool id love to meet wanderlei maybe some day i passed up the opportunity to do a bit of muay thai in his gym while i was in las vegas last year and kicking myself about it ever since Sad
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:13 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I asked if he really got the "Saku" belt when he beat Sakuraba

ben you legend! cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Cheers lads, it was awsome to meet him. I didnt even hang around afterwards cause there was a swarm of 100 people waiting to get him to sign Pride dvd's and toys etc..

I walked up to him at the start and shook his hand and said its an honor to meet you and he shook my hand in both hands and said its an honor to be here. Absolute Gent.

Ill try and get some photos up.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:06 pm

this is the kind of thing that gets him adored by millions of mma fans.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:50 pm