THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Belcher calls out Wanderlei

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belcher calls out Wanderlei Empty Belcher calls out Wanderlei

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

"I want to fight Wanderlei Silva. And I think he needs to fight someone like me, a top young guy, to really stay in the mix. He needs to do that to stay a legit fighter and not just a legend selling pay-per-views because he has a name. He has to fight me to stay up there. I feel I'm better than him. Wanderlei definitely poses a threat because he hits hard, is aggressive and has good conditioning, but at this point, I am more technical, well-rounded and I can beat him in any part of the game. I'm not saying it will be an easy fight, but I believe I can beat him and I'm ready to let the fans see what they want to see and prove that I'm that caliber. I want to make myself a legend off of this fight."
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Belcher calls out Wanderlei Empty Re: Belcher calls out Wanderlei

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Now thats how you call someone out, no badmouthing, just complete respect, The Cunt should take note.

I like Belcher, i think hes a good upcoming fighter but after his injury i think he should really set his sights on a lower tier fighter to ease himself back in.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

ID love to see this, Belcher is better at Muay Thai than Wanderlei now I think.

Wanderlei doesnt use Clintches, Kicks or Knees anymore. He basically just comes forward swinging punches with some of the worst pure boxing technique going...

What drives me mad is hitting pads he looks so crisp but it all goes out the window once he is in the cage. I could see Belcher picking Wandy apart if Wandy doesnt constantly press the action and fight agressivley.

If he does fight agressivley I think he will back Belcher up and win. This fight interests me more than the Leben fight.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 pm

I agree.

Although i think Belcher will come out technical, picking Wand apart until Wand rushes him (ala Bisping fight) and KO's him. Belcher doesnt have a good chin and Wand has proven KO power. First round TKO win for Wand IMO.

The Leben fight scares me more than it excites me because i LOVE Wand but his chin has been shaky in the past and not only does Leben have the power to KO him, he also has an extremely durable chin.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Akiyama rocked Leben to his boots, Wandleri will put him away and Lebens striking is sloppier and has a worse defence than Wanderlei.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Who does Belcher think he is?? He should go and beat someone important before he starts calling out legends. Top young guy? Average fighter with an average record.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Akiyama rocked Leben to his boots, Wandleri will put him away and Lebens striking is sloppier and has a worse defence than Wanderlei.

I wouldn't call Lebens striking sloppy. Nowadays hes quite a technical striker, but i think its as soon as he gets hit he goes into Zombiemode and thats what will inevitably happen against Wanderlei.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm

so i take it his eye is better then?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:31 pm