THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
MMA
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
Bulldog67
redmeanie77
Once Mohawked Pete
ChelseaQuinsfan
exiledinmanila
mikeyboybisping
13 posters

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected...

mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Empty Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected...

Post  mikeyboybisping Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:36 pm

1. Size
    He isn't a better fighter than anyone he has fought. He is just a much bigger fighter.
    How much respect would Randy Couture, or Frank Mir get if they beat up someone the size of Uriah Faber or Mike Brown?

2. HGH
    I'm not saying that Brock is artificially huge, I'm just saying that the WWE doesn't have a good track record with these things.

3. WWE
    Lesnar is a former WWE Champion.

4. Tattoo
    I'm not saying it is a giant penis with a handle. I'm just saying it's not a sword. I mean, how scary must it have been for Mir to be in and out of consciousness between punches last night, only to regain consciousness to the sight of that tattoo staring at him.
    exiledinmanila
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Empty Re: Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected...

Post  exiledinmanila Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Disagree
    1.Size-there is a 265 weigh in limit,he makes it.Also mir came in at 264 the other night.
    2.HGH-Til he fails a test,unfair to criticise
    3.WWE-Funny how you never hear pro-wrestling jibes aimed at sakuraba
    4.Tattoo-.......ok fair enough,that is pretty inexcusable
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Empty Re: Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected...

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Size- Bob Sapp is 265 and you can see how successful he is. Lesner has legit skills.

HGH-He was caught with them...in 2001, before MMA,NFl and even WWE. HGH has never been proven to be a performance enhancer, cardio or strength enhancer.

WWE- Barnett did pro wrestling, he was never shamed because of that, he was shamed because he was caught roiding 3 times. Saku did it as well as have many other MMA fighters.

Tattoo- ....
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't think that anyone can say with absolute certainty, that Lesnar is without skill. I am by no means his biggest fan, but, until we see someone actually test him (as I expect the likes of Valsquez/Carwin/Dos Santos do) then, as HW champ, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, he has a size and power advantage, but, if this was the be all and end all of the game, surely Fedor would have been out the game a long time ago. With regards to the Pro-Wrestling and Tattoo comment, I hope that they were 'tongue in cheek', cos they really are an irrelevance.

I will withhold judgement on Lesnar, until he proves that he has other facets to his game, but, I certainly don't automatically assume that he is without them.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Ken Shamrock was also in WWF.

Tatoo- Atleast its better than Belcher's hideous one.

I think people dont like him because of how quick he has been able to be succesful at the sport, the "hardcore" MMA fans feel their sport is threatened by him, and they dont want this wwe prowrestler who has been doing MMA for 2 yrs to come in and dominate the sport and beat their god Fedor.

That and also he is a bit of a jerk silent (dont tell him i said that)
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:38 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Tatoo- Atleast its better than Belcher's hideous one.

what the hell is that hideous tatt meant to be?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Belchers tattoo is supposed to be Johnny Cash! lol!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Ken Shamrock was also in WWF.

Tatoo- Atleast its better than Belcher's hideous one.

I think people dont like him because of how quick he has been able to be succesful at the sport, the "hardcore" MMA fans feel their sport is threatened by him, and they dont want this wwe prowrestler who has been doing MMA for 2 yrs to come in and dominate the sport and beat their god Fedor.

That and also he is a bit of a jerk silent (dont tell him i said that)

I can understand where you are coming from there. I don't necessarily agree with you though. I would wait until Lesnar has proven himself in all areas, before even comparing him to Fedor. He has a lot of potential, but, wins against Mir, Herring and Couture do not a great make. Let's see how he gets on against the likes of Dos Santos, Carwin, Valasquez et al first. Personally, I think that he may well be 'found out' against one of these. And, to be fair, his histrionics, haven't exactly endeared himself to fans, have they?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Oh, and with regards to bad tattoos -

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Melvincosta
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm

whoaaaa!!!

did someone just say Sapp is 265?

try 365. cheers

but the pro wrestling thing is not an issue for me, the size thing can be overcome; its not like He is fighting BJ Penn who is infinatley more skilled but too outsized to win.

the cock tatto is a fine piece of art.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Yes that is the rational way of thinking, i'm saying there are many many people out there who calls themselves "hardcore" fans that do think this way, who do give Brock alot of shit for no real reason even before his antics.

Brock is not my favourite fighter either but i do respect him and do think he is great for the sport.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Agreed Red. I have never claimed to be a fan, but, I agree that he has certainly brought something to the HW division. I just wish that he had of shown a little more respect in the cage. I will be very interested to see whether he can show that he has got something more to offer than pure size and power. At the end of the day, it's up to the rest of the HWs to up their game.
    MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  MMA Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 pm

I think Lesnar will be respected as an MMA fighter, Although i think hes got a very long way to go. This providing he gets better (which i really hope he does).

I think he needs to beat Mir, Carwin, Cain, JDS & any other contenders that may come up. Basically clean out the division.

He needs to show he can do more than lay on people, I think we need to know if he has a chin.

Example: Can he stand up with people like Mir & Carwin?

Next he needs to do what ever it takes to fight Fedor. Even if that means leaving the UFC.

Win lose or draw I would respect him as a true MMA fighter if he done that!

Personally i dont think it will happen, I do think Mir will be the man to beat him. His determination to do it is what is convincing me!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:00 pm

I don't see Mir beating Lesnar again TBH. I see the likes of Valasquez, Carwin and Dos Santos being more of a threat. Just wish that the Nog of old was about.

With regards to Fedor, I really cannot see Lesnar leaving UFC, and we all know that Fedor will not come to UFC. Pity.
    exiledinmanila
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  exiledinmanila Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:30 am

Belchers Tattoo is supposed to be johnny cash? Was trying to figure that out the other night,I thought it was the the president of north korea haha!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:04 pm

I thought Belchers tattoo was meant to be Wayne Newton Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:53 pm

it's meant to be Johnny Cash. But it looks like Rosie O Donnell.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Here is the work of art...

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Alan-Belcher-tattoo-20090712032731
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Johnny-cash

Johnny

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Rosie_odonnella300a

Rosie

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Wayne%20Newton

Wayne

I think the tattoo is the lovechild of Rosie and Wayne!!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Haha ye lol!

who ever made that tattoo isn't very good. Looks nothing like Cash.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Empty alan belcher tatoo

Post  Raiden Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:38 pm

i wonder what Alan makes of it himself
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Oh, and with regards to bad tattoos -

Reasons Lesnar will never be properly respected... Melvincosta

I don't know what's worse, a nazi symbol, or 'small penis' written on your belly...
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:32 pm

And by the way, isn't it amazing how a thread about the problems with Lesnar has turned into a tattoo discussion Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Haha ye that happens a lot on this board, one discussion leads to another.

And thinking about it I really can't tell which tattoo is worse. He must have been drunken out of his mind when got both.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 am

Who is the goon with the Nazi logo and the admittance of small penishood?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:38 am