THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
Albion_Oakley
hendos_right_hook
Raiden
Paolo_73
payneNglory1
paul815
redmeanie77
lyalla2
pinsman
Helm
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
16 posters

***LESNAR OUT OF 106***

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

***LESNAR OUT OF 106*** Empty ***LESNAR OUT OF 106***

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/?slug=ki-lesnar102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

he has been forced to pull out due to having flu for the last 3 and a half weeks.
    This is a real shame, i was looking forward to this fight, im sure it was legit as Brock is a lot of things, but he doesnt seem the type to pull out for anything other than a proper reason

any ideas for what they could do instead?
    Machida/Shogun 2 anyone? but its doubtful Machida will be out of his wheelchair by november 21! Rolling Eyes .

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

***LESNAR OUT OF 106*** Empty Re: ***LESNAR OUT OF 106***

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Shocking news! I was really looking forward to this one... I wonder who will stand in for him? I wouldnt mind seeing JDS fight Carwin.
    Helm
    Helm
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Helm Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Chuck Norris would have round kicked the flu out of the universe heh. Bummer really but I've only had the flu once and it kicks the crap outta you so understandable
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Shame cain fought Ben, i'm sure he would have stepped up to the plate and then we would see if he's ready for Lesnar... Whats happening with GSP perhaps he could defend?? or they could go the whole hog and give Fedor lots of money to knock out Carwin??? just a thought?
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  lyalla2 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:14 pm

I was happy earlier today. Now I am sad.

If he is feeling 100% and ready then possibly a number 1 contenders bout between Carwin and Nogueira could be awesome. I have a feeling that wont happen and this will just be delayed a month.

Possibly bring Penn vs Sanchez forward or even Mir vs Kongo as a co-main event.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah the fight being delayed would make most sence... Nogs a good call too. Im sure Cain would have stepped up but Id rather UFC gave him time to work his way to a title shot because he is young. I would like to see him fight JDS before he gets a shot.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Regardless wether they postpone the fight or not, i feel they need a replacement main event for this card. Especially with 105 not having a great card and all the bad press associated with 104 main event.

Sanches-BJ at 106 seems like a good choice but that could be difficult to reschedule depending on what stage those fighter are in their training and when they were starting camp.

Nog replacing Brock would also work, but other than that there is not many choices available, this couldnt have come at a worse time for Dana, no wonder he has no hair left.
    paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

***LESNAR OUT OF 106*** Empty * ***LESNAR OUT OF 106***

Post  paul815 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Can only think they will give a fight to carwin against someone else. Any ideas?
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  lyalla2 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 pm

I wouldnt involve Cain so quickly. Although he won very easily against Big Ben, I wasnt actually that impressed. He got him down easy, but couldnt keep him down. At least I dont think he did. It was stupid o'clock in the morning after a heavy night on the Gin.

He will struggle against a good ground fighter or wrestler I think. I think Lesnar, Carwin, Nogueira and Mir would beat him.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the up and comers like Duffee step in and find a new main event but that would suck for Carwin,from a title shot to fighting a guy who has only had 2 UFC fights.

So really I would say the only main event fighters that could step in are,scrap the Mir-Kongo fight and make Mir take on Carwin or give him Big Nog.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Carwin/Lesnar is on for UFC 108 (probably)

http://twitter.com/shaneCarwin
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I hope Nog steps up, but i doubt he will be willing to fight so soon at 106, He was probably expecting to fight Mir or Brock next year so i dont think he will accept it. He has only fought 4 times since 06 Shocked

And because his brother is fighting at 106, he has the perfect allaby to dodge this fight, by saying he is busy helping his brother prepare. Im not saying he will duck Carwin, just i dont think he wants to fight so soon.

I want to see him fight more often to be frank.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Ortiz-Griffen will headline UFC 106 apparently.

http://mmalinker.com/news/view/959190/
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am

This is the gayest thing I've ever heard in my life. He's got the flu and there's still a month until the fight but he's pulling out now. I'm sorry but that's seriously weak.

People will go on about his training camp being disrupted etc. but franklly that's life, you just deal with it. On Nov 21st he'll be cageside looking absolutely fine and people will have every right to be aggrieved. He needs to grow a set and get used to the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him.

Dick!
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

***LESNAR OUT OF 106*** Empty Re:***LESNAR OUT OF 106***

Post  Raiden Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:38 am

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/update-lesnar-out-of-ufc-106-20560

Well apparently he has been sick for the last 3 and a half weeks and still hasn't shook it so I certainly don't blame him-it does suck though.

I dont see anyone replacing Lesnar, I think it makes the most sense to postpone the fight. It's still a pretty strong card in my opinion. I wont be complaining though if we get a replacement main event.
    Helm
    Helm
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Helm Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Paolo_73 wrote:This is the gayest thing I've ever heard in my life. He's got the flu and there's still a month until the fight but he's pulling out now. I'm sorry but that's seriously weak.

People will go on about his training camp being disrupted etc. but franklly that's life, you just deal with it. On Nov 21st he'll be cageside looking absolutely fine and people will have every right to be aggrieved. He needs to grow a set and get used to the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him.

Dick!

There speaks a man who's obviously only ever suffered from man flu. It can take up to 2 months to recover from flu but with your extensive medical background you already knew that I guess
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Helm wrote:
    Paolo_73 wrote:This is the gayest thing I've ever heard in my life. He's got the flu and there's still a month until the fight but he's pulling out now. I'm sorry but that's seriously weak.

Dick!

There speaks a man who's obviously only ever suffered from man flu. It can take up to 2 months to recover from flu but with your extensive medical background you already knew that I guess

Thanks for the lesson. Unfortunately when I was qualifying as a Combat Medical Technician in the RAMC they skipped over the horrors of a sore throat and focussed more on dealing with serious conditions.

Hopefully Dana's giving him his Calpol and making sure he's got his favourite DVDs to watch.
    Helm
    Helm
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Helm Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Paolo_73 wrote:
    Helm wrote:

Dick!

Thanks for the lesson. Unfortunately when I was qualifying as a Combat Medical Technician in the RAMC they skipped over the horrors of a sore throat and focussed more on dealing with serious conditions.

Hopefully Dana's giving him his Calpol and making sure he's got his favourite DVDs to watch.

That is odd seeing as the Flu killed more people than bullets possibly you should ask the Call of Duty team to address that in the next patch eh Wink
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 pm

"That is odd seeing as the Flu killed more people than bullets possibly you should ask the Call of Duty team to address that in the next patch eh"

Flu kills old people son, you don't tend to find many pensioners with underlying health problems on the front line.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Damn I was looking forward to that fight, having to wait until January (I think thats when they're rescheduling it) will be a drag.

Still, look on the bright side, we've got Couture/Vera to look forward to!!!! Neutral
    Helm
    Helm
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Helm Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:06 pm

[quote="Paolo_73"]"That is odd seeing as the Flu killed more people than bullets possibly you should ask the Call of Duty team to address that in the next patch eh"

Flu kills old people son, you don't tend to find many pensioners with underlying health problems on the front line.***LESNAR OUT OF 106*** W_curve

Kinda glad you weren't with in us in the Falklands "son" with your grasp of medical facts lol

Still you are funny
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:15 pm

The Falklands was in 1982 mate, so I don't know how a graph from pre-1920 is relevant, apart from proving that old people were then, and still are, the most susceptible to Flu complications.

Also, for the future, a Y axis needs a scale to be useful, you can't have a 'death rate' without a defined population.

I'm glad you think I'm funny, can't say it's mutual, you just strike me as a prick.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Hanbags! lol
    Helm
    Helm
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Helm Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Albion_Oakley wrote:Hanbags! lol

Not really that would imply I cared Wink
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 pm

fair enough. Sorry I just love internet arguments. Especially ones with Graphs!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:35 am