THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Diaz going after GSP?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Diaz going after GSP? Empty Diaz going after GSP?

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 pm

“I’d rather fight somebody that’s a little more important than Jay Hieron. (His) fight wasn’t even on the main card, so why am I going to fight him? Nobody saw it. Nobody even knows who he is. They keep bringing me these guys nobody knows. Who is Noons? He hasn’t fought forever. This guy doesn’t even fight anymore or something or quit, is scared.”

“I want to fight Georges St-Pierre. If they give me an option, that’s the only fight I’m talking about. I want to fight the best. I want to fight the people that everybody thinks is the best out there. There’s people in the world to fight. I’ll do whatever is going to pay me. I need money so I can take care of my family.

“I’ll fight whoever you want me to. Just pay me more money. Whoever you can pay me the most money to fight, I’m going to fight.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats the Craic with Diaz's contract? How many fights left on his Strikeforce contract? I dont know were talk of the Noons fight came from and I see why he doesnt feel Hieron has earned his shot... thing is Welterweight is a little like Lhw, the UFC have a bit of a monopoly on it, Id love to see Diaz in the UFC, I think he would batter Fitch.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Diaz going after GSP? Empty Re: Diaz going after GSP?

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm

is he contradicting himself here?

he doesnt want to fight Hieron or unknown guys, only the best....

yet he will do whatever gets him paid because he wants to feed his family?

confusing! confused
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 pm

There are still some fighters he should face before he thinks about. First of all Heiron finally, he was promised a shot, earned or not the guy was promised it. His contract is up now, they need to get him back, lucky for them its not like Heiron is exactly a world-class fighter and so not many other companies are really eager to get him. He needs to get his title shot now because he was promised a while ago and this from Strikeforce is no better than how the UFC treated Hendo to be fair.

After that there is Hornbuckle (if Strikeforce can get him) and I think he would be a real big test. He is a devestating striker and might even have an advantage standing. Other guys are Gono, Kennedy and possibly CUNG LE! That would be a hell of a fight. Also if he sorts himself out there is Karo Parysian would possibly be the biggest test.

Even if he were to go the UFC, I think he would have to face the winner of Alves/Fitch first for the number one contender spot. I think Alves would beat him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:52 pm

I think Cung Le is the biggest fight for him in Strikeforce. Cung could make 170.

But he should remember that whatever anyone thinks about it, Noons beat him and that's a win he needs to get back.

I think Strikeforce should sign Karo and give him Riggs, Hieron and then maybe someone like Gono. And then Diaz. Diaz could fight Hieron, Le and Noons in the meantime. If they can both get through those series of fights it would legitimize a fight between them and they could build off Karo not being a fan of the Diaz brothers.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Talking of GSP, he was at the Strikeforce gig, surely Dana would be rather pissed off at this??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:06 pm