THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution" (spoiler)

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution"  (spoiler) Empty Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution" (spoiler)

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Incase your interested here are the results from last night, i havent seen any videos of the fights so far.

Jeff Monson def. John Brown via split decision
    Joey Beltran def. Houston Alexander via TKO (g'n'p)
    Rich Clementi def. Mike Budnik via sub (RNC)
    Jeremy Horn def. Victor Moreno via sub (guillotne)
    Amber Powell def. Tammy Schneider via sub (armbar)
    Tim Boetsch def. Rudy Lindsey via sub (guillotine)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution"  (spoiler) Empty Re: Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution" (spoiler)

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:24 pm

HAHA good man you just beat me to the post! Houstons days are numbered he apparently just turtled up when it hit the ground... when will he ever learn a groundgame....

Glad to see the rest win, the Monson fight was supposed to be very close. I wonder if he is on the slide, A loss in Brazil and now a SD over an unknown. Monson seriously needs a week of boxing lessons!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution"  (spoiler) Empty Re: Main card results for 5150 Combat League/XFL: "New Year's Revolution" (spoiler)

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I posted on the other one as well but here we go...

Good to see Clementi and Horn get victories as well. Clementi is a pretty underated fighter and has beat Rumble (a MW), Guillard, Etim and Stout before losing to the two biggest fighters in the LW division, Maynard and Tibau. Since being realesed thats his 4th win, it would have been five but he suffered a brocken collar bone. Horn now has 4 wins since being released, submitting all of his opponents.

Im wondering if it would be worth Strikeforce's time to get these two. Clementi isn't despearatley needed because the LW division is very strong but he could still be a nice little addition. If not then the UFC themselves should look to take him back.

Horn would be a very good addition to the weak MW/LHW division of Strikeforce. He is still fighting really well and doesn't really seem shot to me but Horn vs Shields, Horn vs Lindland and Horn vs Jacare could be good matches. If not then the MFC might want to get him and put him in against Lutter/Leities. Another possibility is Shine fights, he could fight the winner of Ninja vs Vitale.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Housten should retire i think he just going to take beatings for the rest of his career and want to see Monson go to strikeforce get some good fights maybe agaunst mike pyle or somehthing clementi will end up back in the ufc or strikeforce sooner or later

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 am