THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Moose Stuff For Money...
mikeyboybisping
The_Axe_Emperor
Sly Uses
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Spoiler Impact FC Results

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Spoiler Impact FC Results Empty Spoiler Impact FC Results

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Josh Barnett beat Geronimo dos Santos by first-round TKO (punches)

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou beat Joaquim Ferreira by first-round TKO (punches)

Karo Parisyan beat Ben Mortimer by second-round submission (rear-naked choke)

Jeff Monson beat Ubiratan Lima Marinho by unanimous decision

Tom Waters beat Jacob Mahony by second-round TKO (punches)

Fabio Fernandes beat Api Hemara by first-round submission (rear-naked choke)

Thiago “Minu” Meller beat Jai Bradney by first-round submission (guillotine)

Brian Ebersole beat Carlos Newton by unanimous decision
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No real supprises there, Newton loosing is shit but everyone else expected to win did... Ill post the Videos as soon as I find them, I think the Karo fight and the Barnett fight are being shown with the other impact card on the PPV in the UK anyway.Spoiler Impact FC Results 20100710085022_impactwide_0

Last edited by rudeboyben84 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Spoiler Impact FC Results Empty Re: Spoiler Impact FC Results

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:05 pm

i think the vids will be up tommorow since its being shown in the USA on HDNEt tonight.....i think Very Happy
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Quality cant wait to see them, Well a few of the fights anyway! Im sure Monsons will be a snoozefest as they have all been lately!!!

The next card looks outstanding! I wonder if these will just be 2 random shows or if the promotion will keep going?

I really fear for Shammy Safety. Him and Rizzo are both shot to shit but Rizzo still has bricks for fists and Shammy isnt the hardest man to hit. I was watching the Interview with Shammy and him boxing looks like he is doing it under water! dude is seriously slow now...

Is Ninja fighting at Mw or Lhw do u know?
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:i think the vids will be up tommorow since its being shown in the USA on HDNEt tonight.....i think Very Happy

feel free to post them once u get them mate! I havent been able to find any so far
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm

To say that Karo Parisyan's week in Brisbane was nerve-racking would be a blistering understatement.

It was the veteran's first bout in more than 18 months. Scheduled for a November encounter with Dustin Hazelett at UFC 106, Parisyan pulled out two days before the bout, citing anxiety issues. The incident led to his dismissal from the UFC despite being once tabbed as a win-or-lose promotional favorite who seemed guaranteed to fight in the Octagon for his full career. It also brought to the forefront Parisyan's crippling battle with anxiety, which was again prominent during his stay in Australia.

Originally set to face tough Brazilian Luis Dutra Jr., Parisyan's opponent was replaced early in the week after Dutra separated his bicep in preparation. Parisyan was then paired up against Ben Mortimer, a local with less than a year of pro experience. However, the switch to a seemingly less challenging opponent only seemed to agitate "The Heat," who paced the fighter hotel nervously for much of the week. It became commonplace to hear people ask promoter Tom Huggins, "How's Karo?"

"When you have an anxiety problem, everything gets to you," Parisyan told Sherdog.com after his second-round submission over Mortimer. "Why's the door closed? Why are the curtains open? You have to learn to control it. If anyone is ever in my shoes, they'll never judge me over what happened with the UFC."

Parisyan's anxiety came to a head just less than an hour before fight time, when he asked Huggins to move his fight from the seventh to first in the bout order.

"I got my family back home and they were going crazy. It was the first time they couldn't watch me fight live. They were going ballistic," Parisyan said. "I said, 'Dad, the best I can do is tell them to bump my fight up.' I told Tom, 'I don't care about the co-main event crap. Just let me fight first.'"

Parisyan's connection to his family back in California was easily the biggest stresser for him. Not only did he worry about them, he worried about them worrying about him, which only exacerbated his anxiety. However, after the bout was over and Parisyan was able to talk to his family, he did a complete 180. Suddenly, the jittery, edgy character that had roamed the hotel halls all week was in the crowd taking pictures with fans, cornering other fighters and was all too excited to talk.

"This whole week, it's been really bad at certain moments,” Parisyan said. “Sometimes, it's just like you're buried under it. I gotta help my family, I gotta do this, I gotta do that. It's so unbelievably overwhelming. It was kicking my ass, staying away from home. Talking to them with the time difference was crazy."

Poetically, as Parisyan finished telling me this, his phone went off; it was a text from a family member. Back in California, it wasn't even 6 a.m. yet.

Really feel for Karo, hes such a nice guy and i know first hand what its like living with anxiety problems. Its a shame his career with the UFC was packed in because of it and IMO its unfair on him. Living in constant fear is terrible and takes all of your inner strength to battle through, so even that he is still competing and winning is a miracle. Wish him all the best and hope he overcomes his inner demons as i seem to be doing right now, fingers crossed.

Also Josh Barnett's TKO win over Geromino dos Santos was apparently a controversial one and Josh says he understands why. Would love to see a vid if any of you can find them, cheers.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Anyone got any links to this?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 pm

This is the only video I've been able to find so far, the quality isn't great though. Skip to 3:00 for the start of the fight...

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 pm

wow.

he could have held the camera straight!!

Sokodjou owned that guy pretty hard, thanks for posting. Very Happy
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Let's hope Sokudjou can finally take advantage of his potentiol and finally be the fighter everyone thought he could be. There is no reason why he shouldn't be a top 10 fighter based on his ability.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:26 pm

His gas tank and lack of submission defence are his problem. His judo is very very good, he has great kicks and big power in his hands.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:His gas tank and lack of submission defence are his problem. His judo is very very good, he has great kicks and big power in his hands.

Maybe he's like ubereem, more suited to HW than LHW
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:28 am

He's awfully small for a HW though. He'd make 185 if his legs weren't so ridiculously big!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 am

His gas tank and lack of submission defence are his problem. His judo is very very good, he has great kicks and big power in his hands.

Ye his hands are extremly powerful, his balance is fantastic, he has very good judo and he is a powerful guy as well. You would think as well his wrestling would be quite good training with Hendo and co at Team quest. His main problem is his gas tank I think. His ground game needs work but to be fair he has been subbed by very solid BJJ guys in Machida and Babalu. Im more concerned with his gas tank, if he can't finish it in a round he gasses and gets owned. 7 out of his 9 wins have been in the first round. 5 out of 6 losses have been outside the first round. His chin isn't great also, he needs to protect it a little better.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 am

he has some great judo if you are talking about throws only, his balance is insane!
    did you hear he got into an argument with Karo Parysian at the pre fight press conference?? when asked why he likes to go for KOs despite grappling experience, he said something about Judo not teaching submissions and Karo was not impressed. Obviously it depends on where you learn judo.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 am

Soko learned Olympic Judo, which is just about throws, trips, sweeps and counters.

Karo is a proper dedicated Judoka who learned the whole lot.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Sapp is out of Impact's next card, promoter Tom Huggins...

For three weeks, we tried to get Bob to commit to flight dates and sign a contract. He never actually signed the contract we sent him weeks ago...We needed to have this stuff taken care of weeks ago. You get on the phone with Bob, and two hours later, nothing gets accomplished...You can't just get three plane tickets out of Sofia, especially for Bob Sapp. He's 350 pounds; he can't fly coach. Getting all the right connecting flights out of Bulgaria can't just be done last minute.

The tickets were getting more expensive, but it was never a price issue. Bob was actually very reasonable about money. It was the logistics and time. None of this would've been an issue if he wasn't in Bulgaria. That made the logistics really hard: there were major visa issues for these guys coming to Australia, they had to be consulate-issued. We just weren't getting the help we needed from Bob to get it done properly.
    Sapp is claiming he'd got everything sorted and is going to try and claim $10,000 back from Impact FC to cover the costs of his training camp.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:30 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Didnt work mate... you find one of the fights?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Unfortunately not. Just a preview video, I've fixed the link.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Fucking hell Rizzo has some list of wins!! Shocked

Shot to bits though a win over shammy will look good on his CV! Probabally as Diserving as Shammy for a HOF entry looking at how both careers are finishing...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 pm