THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again... Empty UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again...

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Tom Lawlor said this about his win... Sorry his "Loss"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “I tried to win, I really did. I just watched the fight for the 1st time, not sure if I punched myself out in the 1st but regardless the A-Train pushes a high pace. I thought I had the first 2 rounds won and done, but the judges thought otherwise. Not much I can do now, hell....wasn't I supposed to get dominated and TKO'd or KO'd in round 1 or 2?”

“I should have followed to get on top when I hit the standing kimura sweep in the 3rd instead of going for punches.....not sure if the judges scored that as a Simpson takedown, or a Lawlor takedown/submission attempt then a Simpson reversal....I mean regardless, he won the 3rd. I won the 1st, thought I won the 2nd (he got 1 takedown, I got 1, rocked him and went for 2 guillotines), and he won the 3rd.”

“I have the utmost respect for Simpson, and was a fan of his before the fight, and I'll continue to be a fan in the future. Nah, I didn't hit my head on the take down or anything. Like I said at that point I was trying not to make a stupid mistake and give the fight away, which I suppose I did anyways. I, and my corner, thought I was up 2 to 0.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive said it before about Judges pea sized balls they are scared to stick their neck on the line and say, OK Simpson got rocked 4 or 5 times in one round thats 10-8. Regardless of wether that was 10-8 the 2nd round could have been a draw. 10-10 works for me in the 2nd round. Meaning Simpson would need a 10-8 of his own to even Draw.

Im sick of MMA scoring, Its Bollox that Judges know Fuck all about MMA and dont know that there is a such thing as a 10-8 round... if that 1st round wasnt a 10-8 round I dont know what it takes to score a 10-8, Maby if you break a limb or 2 its 10-8? Or maby you have to rock you opponent 10 or more times.

Even if They though Simpson won the 2nd and 3rd, to think he won the fight overall is a bit of a joke. Poor Poor decision. For me it was a draw or a Lawlor win. Sad to see such a cool figher pick up a loss due technicalities in the poor scoring system and the Judges thinking they are watching "MAA" as hopkins put it.... they really know fuck all about MMA.

If ever there has been a case for half point scoring systems...

Lawlor wins the 1st round 10 - 8.5 (if they dont want to say 10 - 8 ) a point and a half is fair
    Simpson shades the next round 10 - 9.5 (Or a draw even)
    Simpson wins the next round 10 - 9

Theres no way Simpson wins.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again... Empty Re: UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again...

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 pm

I have given up on MMA judging already, they wont change anything. Judges are afraid to give 10-8 rounds, their afraid to give 10-10. Basically if fight is in any way close and goes to a descion then its just a lottery as far as im concerned.

Complaining wont do anything, the UFC itself washes it hands clean of this mess, i mean after 104 farce Dana basically says its not his problem and go complian to Keith Kizer....
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again... Empty Re: UFC's Shit scoring system strikes again...

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 pm

should have been a draw in my opinion, but apparently judges get appointed to fewer fights if they start calling draws, cant remember where i heard that.

with that said, he didnt drop simpson in the first at any point.

with THAT said, the 2nd was close.

could have gone either way, but should have been a draw.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 pm